Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get on it...

inart.png

I wish they would’ve at least went with the black stiff foam like what HT has been doing more recently with their Iron Man figures. The brighter, grey foam is a little cheap looking to me.

Last edited:
But that soft foam is too crushable. The Styrofoam is sturdy.
No, I’m not talking about the soft foam that HT uses for DX figures. HT uses stiffer styrofoam for the diecast Iron Man figures like what InArt is using here, but it’s black and not the bright grey. The black version just looks more premium to me, while the bright grey feels like I’m opening an appliance.

1665870378485.jpeg

Oh, well... I'm never going to display my JOKOR in his box so as long as it travels safe it could be pink or porcelain colored.
I’m not either, but I enjoy the unboxing experience. I enjoy good packaging design, artwork, texture etc. It’s why I won’t buy loose figures. I want everything as it’s part of why I like this hobby. IMO, the more you pay, the better the experience should be and is expected to be.

This packaging is likely the parent company, Queen Studios influence. Statues usually come packed in sturdy styrofoam and I’m all for it. The head pods are next level but I know some custom artists do the same.
No, I’m not talking about the soft foam that HT uses for DX figures. HT uses stiffer styrofoam for the diecast Iron Man figures like what InArt is using here, but it’s black and not the bright grey. The back version just looks more premium to me, while the bright grey feels like I’m opening an appliance.
That’s just aesthetic bias. It’s the exact same material, which is intended for the practical purpose of protection with a secondary focus on presenting the items clearly.
White would look cheap- like polystyrene. Light grey looks kind of classy to me and allows the figure and accessories to stand out and not be overpowered or lost as they may be in all black packaging.
Man, we really can form opinions on the most random and insignificant aspects of this hobby.

That’s just aesthetic bias. It’s the exact same material, which is intended for the practical purpose of protection with a secondary focus on presenting the items clearly.
White would look cheap- like polystyrene. Light grey looks kind of classy to me and allows the figure and accessories to stand out and not be overpowered or lost as they may be in all black packaging.
Man, we really can form opinions on the most random and insignificant aspects of this hobby.
It definitely is bias as I have a design background. But I’m not saying the current packaging is bad by any means. Nor does it make me want the figure any less. Just b/c I have a preference doesn’t automatically mean I’m bashing it. My preference would be black, but it’s fine as is. Doesn’t mean I automatically am assuming it’s a cheap product. Thats’s also why whenever HT reissues the MK6, I will buy an empty box so I can have the updated packaging :lol

It’s also just part of my nature. I’m an architect who works in very high end multi million dollar residential homes (not that I make that much, I just have clients who do :LOL: ) so for me, presentation is everything b/c I’m used to having to package and present my work a certain way for that type of clientele. There is an expectation when you have a premium product or service that it should be presented in such a way as well. Black (or black label) is usually associated with a premium product.

But again, it’s b/c I care about the experience as a whole, which includes the packaging. If you tear open your figures, throw away your boxes etc and/or really just don’t care about the exterior designs, only see the packaging as a way to keep the figure safe from A-B, that’s fine too. Just a different type of collector and that’s a-ok :duff

Last edited:
It definitely is bias as I have a design background. But I’m not saying the current packaging is bad by any means. Nor does it make me want the figure any less. Just b/c I have a preference doesn’t automatically mean I’m bashing it. My preference would be black, but it’s fine as is. Doesn’t mean I automatically am assuming it’s a cheap product. Thats’s also why whenever HT reissues the MK6, I will buy an empty box so I can have the updated packaging :lol

It’s also just part of my nature. I’m an architect who works in very high end multi million dollar residential homes (not that I make that much, I just have clients who do :LOL: ) so for me, presentation is everything b/c I’m used to having to package and present my work a certain way for that type of clientele. There is an expectation when you have a premium product or service that it should be presented in such a way as well. Black (or black label) is usually associated with a premium product.

But again, it’s b/c I care about the experience as a whole, which includes the packaging. If you tear open your figures, throw away your boxes etc and/or really just don’t care about the exterior designs, only see the packaging as a way to keep the figure safe from A-B, that’s fine too. Just a different type of collector and that’s a-ok :duff
I appreciate a snazzy art box like HT venom. The decorative inserts do seem like a waste unless they can be used as a background, which they often can’t. If there’s nothing to read about the character or creation of the piece, it’s just one more thing I have to toss aside to get to the figure. The tray means nothing to me.

Im also much more fond of stacked packaging that manages to condense everything in a very efficient way. InArt appear to have gone in the opposite direction but I know that very large packages tend to move through the sorting process a little faster regardless of what postage service was purchased so that could be one small positive to getting a giant package.
EMS shipping was the only option available form KG due to the estimated size- which they probably still underestimated- but, when they finally get their stock, I shouldn’t be waiting long.

Speaking of the rumour of imminent shipping- InArt shot that down
0A300E1C-CFAB-4592-A54B-C03A265B1B33.jpeg

Back