Queen Studios: Alita: Battle Angel - Berserker Life-Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is they bit off more than they could chew with the glass eyes and *tried* to see if they could get away with doing it this way. But clearly they cannot. Curious to see what happens.

Yeah I was concerned the sculpted irises would look a bit distracting in hand even with the proto. They might have been better off just creating a really nice eye decal or painting by hand.

Pics by Tang Bros:

8TrvxIY.jpg

G5COrrp.jpg

The irises do seem to have a darker ring in these latest pics, so clearly it must require a certain kind of lighting to achieve that look. Not sure why they couldn't have simply painted it that way instead. Of course now I'm noticing just how faint and barely visible the lower eyelashes are...

120851381_1637198289791178_3954003338539258670_o.jpg

120838837_1637198203124520_3094357085110428419_o.jpg

Well they said on FB that they'll be doing some more work on the eyes, so I guess we'll see what happens. I wasn't nearly as bothered by it as others have been, but all the negativity and bad buzz has kinda made me more nervous to order now...

Well they said on FB that they'll be doing some more work on the eyes, so I guess we'll see what happens. I wasn't nearly as bothered by it as others have been, but all the negativity and bad buzz has kinda made me more nervous to order now...

Still the best Alita collectible ever...

Saw some photoshops on the other forum without the blood. Looks better without it IMO

Agreed. As I said on there, the blood was a cool look, but only featured in one scene and doesn't really reflect how she appeared in most of the movie. And it feels like it kinda distracts from the amazing sculpt a bit as well.

Plus the war paint was pre-beserker body.

I don't mind it either way, I guess. But it would be better to have the option yourself of adding it rather than having it default to that look without any chance of the other.

The bust has been designed from this Alita poster. I think they chose a great pose for it and the war paint works well.
116dec445eb4dc26f27ce761300fdd9b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The war paint + Berserker body was used in a lot of posters and promo images for some reason. The alternate Prime 1 sculpt has it as well.

It doesn't bother me that much, since it reflects one of my favorite moments in the film. I just wish the doll body wasn't shoved to the sidelines as much.

She looked a bit off from the front, she probably still does which is why they aren't showing her straight on.

The main concern before was the eyes and under eyelashes, probably what they were trying to show here. As for the double blood, assuming they washed that off. :D

A few of us asked about that, they said they’d look into possibly offering some without the blood. But I’m not holding my breath since they’re so far into production. Would be hard to manage.

I'm wondering if the blood helps improve the likeness a bit by distraction and that's why they want to leave it on.

Back