Queen Studios: The King of Fighters '97 - Mai Shiranui Life-Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
cOoo7Sw.jpg

Queen Studios Collectibles said:
MAI SHIRANUI LIFE-SIZE BUST BY QUEEN STUDIOS
----------------------------------------------------
About the Character
Mai Shiranui is a female ninja descended from the Shiranui ninjas. “The Alluring Ninja Girl” wears a red and white Kunoichi dress, with circular white ropes secured around her shoulders. As one of the founders of the Women Fighters Team, she posses devastating skill and power to take down her enemy, while she carries her iconic white Kachō Sen ("butterfly fan") as her primary weapon.

About the Bust
Designed by Queen Studios, the 1/1 life-size Mai Shiranui silicone captures “The Alluring Ninja Girl” in her classic red and white ninja costume from the King of Fighters '97. QS’ team of expert artists use advanced technology to sculpt the character’s beautiful facial structure. Platinum silicone is used to recreate the real skin look and feel with a light blush. Her hair is meticulously rooted one by one, before being professionally styled.

Body and Base
Mai Shiranui’s outfit is a clear stand out in King of Fighters ‘97. To recreate the costume, the QS team have hand-picked the finest materials to do the character’s outfit justice. Once selected, the team cut and style the fabric to create an authentic look that brings the character to life. For the base, Queen Studios’ artists selected classic Japanese architectural elements to reflect the background of Mai. Flames have also been added to highlight one of Shiranui’s powers, creating a strong dynamic aesthetic.

I was actually looking forward to this announcement (despite having neither the place or the fund for it), but the face does not remind me of Mai - not that I know how she would look like as a real person. I also feel that the fire should have been translucent.

How easy is it to clean silicone?
Asking for a friend…
i only have tbleague body, they are a pain to clean esp dust. you need a damp cloth to wipe them off but doing so risk ruining the matte finishing. you cant use rollers as the adhesive will stick onto the silicon.

if you have to buy it make sure keep it in dust free case.

Back