Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek TOS Kirk and Spock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Kirk and Spock

Given the fact that they also called Dr McCoy a 'new license' on Facebook, I still think this is all just a language based miscommunication, and the only 'western' based figure we'll be seeing revealed is Jayne from oft quoted 'space western', Firefly.

It could very well be a language barrier, since after all QMx are based in the USA and the King's English isn't their native tongue.

Just going by what their rep on Facebook said themselves, after being asked why they had referred to McCoy as a 'newly acquired license' instead of as a part of the ongoing Trek line that they already had the license for: "As I understand it, you have to have specific licenses for specific products. Like we can design lapel pins but needed one for 1:6 figures. That's just my thought anyway" was the response given. Just all seemed a bit confused and at cross-purposes to me. As if the rep didn't quite get what exactly was actually being asked...and not for the first time.

Just an observation.

Found that comment on FB, but I don't believe it has any relevance - Star Trek was mentioned by name and while the new figure is a tease, the property isn't.

In addition, every single one of the 4 teaser images have been confirmed by QMx (the guesses here in the forum were all correct).

The gist in numbers: the newsletter text posted earlier refers to 5 licensed properties - we only know 4 of them.

Last edited:

Fair enough. I guess we'll find out soon.

I think that the QMx Insider email may have just been poorly written and not checked for clarity before going out.

Each numbered teaser pic corresponds in order to the bulleted and other descriptions given.

I don't believe that they meant to convey a fifth, or unknown figure or license with this email imo.

See More QMx 1:6 Articulated Figures at SDCC!

Fans of 1:6 articulated figures won’t want to miss the Quantum Mechanix (QMx) booth (#4145) at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2016!

QMx is expanding its Master Series 1:6-scale articulated figure line in a big way with new licenses and new characters.

Come see new prototypes of your favorite pop culture characters as 1:6 figures. Our new licenses include: (This should have been deleted)
•a popular TV show with a paranormal bent. Pic #1 Supernatural
•a beloved quotable classic movie. Pic #2 Princess Bride
•a fan-favorite modern Western TV show. Pic #3 Jayne
We’ll also have more original Star Trek, Star Trek: The Next Generation and Firefly figures on display. Pic #4 McCoy

Our critically acclaimed, inaugural Master Series figure, Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly, has been selling briskly, but a few will be available for purchase at SDCC.
The latest Master Series figures, the Star Trek 50th Anniversary Captain Kirk and Spock, will be on sale for the first time at our booth.

Trek.jpg

Princess Bride figures in 1/6 scale? :thud::yess:
Can't wait to see Bones.

I don't believe that they meant to convey a fifth, or unknown figure or license with this email imo.

Except that Dave has already said the "modern western" is not Firefly.

No. no. no. no. The western is NOT Firefly.

Ok, so I found the chain below on the qmxinsider Instagram attached to the Princess Bride pic. So it looks like the western is indeed not Firefly.

I think the email could have been better written and constructed so as not to cause so much confusion.

But oh well... BRING ON McCOY!!! :clap :yess:

question: Any news on that modern western license?

qmxinsider ?

question: You might want to check the wording of your newsletter. People think you have a new licence, a modern western. You should go to the Sideshow Freaks board to clarify. Also please get the license to Tombstone for Wyatt and Doc!

question: You said you have a new license and describe it as a fan favourite modern western. If you mean Firefly, you've had that for years

qmxinsider@question - wrong license �� FYI, it's not represented in our newsletter graphic..... this time

I think that the QMx Insider email may have just been poorly written and not checked for clarity before going out.

Each numbered teaser pic corresponds in order to the bulleted and other descriptions given.

See More QMx 1:6 Articulated Figures at SDCC!

Fans of 1:6 articulated figures won’t want to miss the Quantum Mechanix (QMx) booth (#4145) at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2016!

QMx is expanding its Master Series 1:6-scale articulated figure line in a big way with new licenses and new characters.

Come see new prototypes of your favorite pop culture characters as 1:6 figures. Our new licenses include: (This should have been deleted)
•a popular TV show with a paranormal bent. Pic #1 Supernatural
•a beloved quotable classic movie. Pic #2 Princess Bride
•a fan-favorite modern Western TV show. Pic #3 Jayne
We’ll also have more original Star Trek, Star Trek: The Next Generation and Firefly figures on display. Pic #4 McCoy

Our critically acclaimed, inaugural Master Series figure, Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly, has been selling briskly, but a few will be available for purchase at SDCC.
The latest Master Series figures, the Star Trek 50th Anniversary Captain Kirk and Spock, will be on sale for the first time at our booth.

View attachment 278217

This is a misread of the newsletter. The photos aren't referring to anything specific in the text, but are just teases of new figures debuting at the show.

IMO, the newsletter text was pretty clear. 3 new licenses (two of which we now know) added to the two existing licenses for 1/6.

The numbering of the photos is probably what threw some people off and lead them to believe the photos were in reference to the points above (even though there are clearly 4 photos, a number that doesn't match anything above :) )

Dave, are you allowed to say if we'll only see one character or the two of them for the popular show with a supernatural bend?

That would be so awesome if they went the Star Trek path and sell the two figs at the same time!

Dave, are you allowed to say if we'll only see one character or the two of them for the popular show with a supernatural bend?

That would be so awesome if they went the Star Trek path and sell the two figs at the same time!

The newsletter only teased 4 characters - we have a lot more than that to show...

Picked up the exclusive versions of Kirk & Spock on Day one...can't wait to see these in-person.... I'm hoping Quantum will do Nanjin's TWOK outfits and of course the captain's chair.

Dave: Speaking of westerns, would QMx have any interest in The Lone Ranger (classic or modern)?

Ideally I'd love to see both, but the movie license should be going cheap, and HT has already done the development work.

These are suppose to see release tomorrow aren't they?

Oh man, wish that said Shat just got real

I am waiting for pics from you all before ordering. SSC has burned me too many times for me to not be cautious.

Back