QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be wrong but it appears to be a Seven of Nine body on the desk in one of his posted pictures. Seems to be of her maroon uniform.

Anything from Voyager is an easy pass for me (Awful show). As much as I love DS9 I don't think I'd buy figures from that either. For TNG after getting Picard, I'd probably only pony up for Riker, Data and Worf. TOS I'm taking on a case by case basis (Sulu and Scotty aren't looking promising thus far) beyond that, maybe movie uniforms if I can spare the cash, and lastly (I'm probably in the minority here) but id quite like an Archer (but not the rest of the crew)

I'm now thinking the one I thought was Chakotay is actually Q in a Voyager/DS9 uniform. I didn't know he ever wore one....till I just watched an episode of deep space nine with him wearing one. Nanjin now appears to be teasing Geordi Laforge and Riker. I think Laforge is for sure. He's got a pic where if you squint you can see an unvisored Geordi head on the desk. I can't wait to see the full reveals on all this stuff. I hope all this pans out. It reminds me a little bit of when Star Ace first went nuts with the Potter figures. I just hope After these upcoming announcements, QMX does well enough to do it again and not kind of peter out the way Star Ace now appears to be.

Could be wrong but it appears to be a Seven of Nine body on the desk in one of his posted pictures. Seems to be of her maroon uniform.

My thoughts exactly. At first I wanted the silver uniform but I think I like the maroon one better so this is cool. It IS weird that I don't see Uhura or any hints of her. Weird that we may get Dax before her.

You guys should really check out Nanjin's facebook. He's hinting like mad over there the past couple of days. Since he seems to not post here anymore, seems to be the best source for Trek figure news now.

Could that be Sisco in his first series uniform instead of Chakotay? He was a commander then. I really hate it seems Uhura is not coming. Being a TOS TWOK only collector only new reveals we are guessing about is the two Khans that would be getting. Bummed my bridge is at a stand still

Could that be Sisco in his first series uniform instead of Chakotay? He was a commander then. I really hate it seems Uhura is not coming. Being a TOS TWOK only collector only new reveals we are guessing about is the two Khans that would be getting. Bummed my bridge is at a stand still

Could be Sisko. I think he's a stronger choice than Chakotay. Also, there seems to be some question of whether that is 7 of 9 or ...Major Kira. Some think it's Kira. It's hard to tell.

Im hoping it is Seven. The sculpt appeard to already be underway on his facebook. It would make sense to go ahead with one that is already close to being finished but who knows. It does look to be more of the color of Seven's uniform from that photo posted.

Last edited:
My major must-haves are Seven, Jadzia, and Captain Sisko (bald and bearded version).

I wish they'd have Seven in her blue-and-silver outfit, but most importantly I hope the figure looks good in the leotard. I don't mean that in a crass way, but Seven's catsuit has potential for highlighting ugly doll joints.

Perhaps SDCC might be a good time for someone to get a one to one conversation with a QMX rep about, a) what's happening to rectify the Picard situation, and b) if they have a plan to deal with the staining going forwards on other TNG figures.....? Any brave soul going who feels like putting them on the spot for the rest of us?

I'm hoping they solved it . They are clearly going to unveil another figure wearing that uniform with the potential for the same kind of problem(Riker or Q judging by the tease). If it's going to happen again, there's almost no point in doing those characters without a solution being found.

They need to be careful not to roll out all the big guns straight away or going deeper into the lines looms faster imo. They need to mix the must have figure releases in with the secondary characters to stagger them over a longer period. If they open with all the popular figures one after the other, there's nowhere to go but down.

They need to be careful not to roll out all the big guns straight away or going deeper into the lines looms faster imo. They need to mix the must have figure releases in with the secondary characters to stagger them over a longer period. If they open with all the popular figures one after the other, there's nowhere to go but down.

Character selection is QMX's Kobayashi Maru test. Lsser known characters may not sell well and have the capability to sink the line. They're dammed if they do and damned if they don't!

Character selection is QMX's Kobayashi Maru test. Lsser known characters may not sell well and have the capability to sink the line. They're dammed if they do and damned if they don't!

Agreed...

Here's my quick and dirty estimate:
Approximately 6 Franchise 'eras' (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, and the Reboot)
Approximately 7 main characters in each show (I'm not going to take the time to count/list each one)

That gives you a conservative estimate of 42 Main characters to make, at $200 each.

That's $8400, and I'm not even counting the obvious variants you'd get from TOS and TNG movies, and supporting characters and aliens like Khan, Pike, Klingons, Romulans, Q, Lore, etc. (and we've seen indications that Q and Khan are in the works, so we know they're thinking about supporting characters!)

Granted, there are fans that would might be willing to spend that much. I personally love the idea of having the whole crew, but that price tag snaps me out of that desire pretty quickly. 'Tent-polling' a line of figures by staggering releases of popular and less-popular characters may seem logical, but I don't believe it's been shown to be a practical business model.

I would presume QMX is has probably already decided they're better off cherry-picking characters and accessory sets than trying to please those fans that want 'complete' the crews.

I will say though, I'm a bit surprised that they're not aiming for releasing the captains first, though personally I'm not going to bother with Janeway or Archer.

Back