QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, LOL, you must have never gambled on sports.

Under -2800 means betting $2800 to win $100 if there is NO re-release within 12 months.

Over +4300 means betting $100 to win $4300 if there is a re release within 12 months.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

No never gamble on sports outside of simple office pools. Played them for a long time (and still do at least before COVID). Knowing me I would have a hard time beating with my head and not my heart.

I beleive I still have Sulu, but I can only scrap build a Scotty when I am in my China office.

If you ever scrap build a Scotty I’d love to pick it up for a family member or I’d give my family member mine and keep the scrap build for myself. Something about knowing Nanjin worked on it adds to the sentimental value of it. I still have the original run of the Captain’s chair. Gave my QMX one away. Whenever you look if you do find any Sulus, I am definitely down for one. My sister just worked Takei into one of her high school history lessons.

Haha, LOL, you must have never gambled on sports.

Under -2800 means betting $2800 to win $100 if there is NO re-release within 12 months.

Over +4300 means betting $100 to win $4300 if there is a re release within 12 months.

Dammit Nanjin I?m a doctor, not a bookie!!

YMMV GameStop has a tiered discount on collectibles. Store pickup only but had qmx Sulu and captains chair for 30% off +tax. Happy hunting.

I'm looking for Bones and Scotty if someone has one to sell..... Not holding my breath.

TTT

McCoy prices are still fairly high on eBay. There is one on there now for $339, which is tempting, but I’m hoping won’t sell and make sellers drop their prices down. Either that or see if Nanjin can eventually come through and part one together for me.

Warrior's Gate are gauging interest in a custom Majel Barrett sculpt on Facebook if anyone in interested.
The problem I always have when it’s just a sculpt is where do I piece the rest together. Put in a possibly interested comment just in case.

The problem I always have when it?s just a sculpt is where do I piece the rest together. Put in a possibly interested comment just in case.

Yeah finding suitable heads and bodies can be a challenge. I used a Xing suntan body with ankle extenders for my Rand but her neck looks a fraction too short in the movie version. Chapel is quite tall though and the taller bodies tend to have bigger boobs so it could be a challenge. I'm sure uniforms will become available eventually. Plan for the medium term!

Finally completed my crew picking up Scotty from eBay. Kirk, Spock, McCoy and now Scotty. Took forever waiting for the right prices but I'm good with the line. I mean, Gorn, Tribble w Kirk would be awesome but happy and complete.

I know this does not belong on this thread but I was wondering if anyone knew of a thread re: Eaglemoss Star Trek ships? Couldn't find one.

Hi nanjin,

I just purchased the new Kirk from Big Bad Toy Store and I have an issue with my Kirk head. I had contacted BBTS, but they told me they cannot replace the head and can only offer a return for a refund. I was wondering if it is possible to get a replacement head for Kirk? I don't know if this would qualify for a replacement or not, thanks.

DSC07717.JPG

Hi nanjin,

I just purchased the new Kirk from Big Bad Toy Store and I have an issue with my Kirk head. I had contacted BBTS, but they told me they cannot replace the head and can only offer a return for a refund. I was wondering if it is possible to get a replacement head for Kirk? I don't know if this would qualify for a replacement or not, thanks.

View attachment 482745

Honestly, I personally don’t see what the issue is, at least from this photo. So, he has a little wart? :dunno

I’d me more concerned about that ridge line along the back and top edge of the ear and the hair that appears to be a mold cast line.

Honestly, I personally don’t see what the issue is, at least from this photo. So, he has a little wart? :dunno

I’d me more concerned about that ridge line along the back and top edge of the ear and the hair that appears to be a mold cast line.

Things like this are why retailers make it harder and harder for customers with real problems to get returns or exchanges...personally I would hold that Kirk close and run.

Hi nanjin,

View attachment 482745
Everyone has it. The original mold wasnt the best at the time.

Back