QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've always been a perfectionist Nanjin. Just because the end product could still be improved don't take for granted that these are still incredibly impressive figures, and by far the best that have ever been produced.

You've always been a perfectionist Nanjin. Just because the end product could still be improved don't take for granted that these are still incredibly impressive figures, and by far the best that have ever been produced.
I think responsibility and honor to deliver the best of what I could do for 1/6 Trek into the hands of my Trek friends play a bigger part.

The process is a lot of fun especially when i overcome an obstacle. Not to mention I engage with Trek friends very often and I do get a kick when anyone tells me my Trek figure put a smile on his or her face.

Having the insignia done is difficult because the production wasnt tailored and planned as Trek production. Took me 2 months to accept the final version. They look all different but I only picked 2 from these samples.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk
7781cc3dae733a072d2e77cb6beebf06.jpg

Last edited:
Doing good means do the best. That's no such thing in between.

Setting example is important. The assembly line will duplicate this attitude and follow. (A Borg collective [emoji2957])

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

I really wish QMx would do TUC versions of at least the main three. The red officer tunics with the color coded turtlenecks depending on department from 2-7 are my favorite version of Starfleet uniforms, and I feel TUC would serve as a perfect bookend to TOS figures. Plus, TUC is my favorite ST film. Doubt it’ll ever happen though, since they didn’t even follow through with TWoK ones.

I always liked the Starfleet insignia pin they wore on their red tunics in 2-7, and remember wanting one when I was a kid. A few years ago I finally got an actual replica one from a prop store, made by the same metal company that made the ones for the films. I don’t ever wear it or anything, I simply have it just to have one. Simple, yet one of my coolest collectibles for me.

AEB298CD-3FC8-4173-9B68-15AA8B27C5FF.jpg

The positioning of little gold moon/dot is accurate to where it was in 2-6. In 7, it was in the lower left corner for some reason.

I really wish QMx would do TUC versions of at least the main three. The red officer tunics with the color coded turtlenecks depending on department from 2-7 are my favorite version of Starfleet uniforms, and I feel TUC would serve as a perfect bookend to TOS figures. Plus, TUC is my favorite ST film. Doubt it?ll ever happen though, since they didn?t even follow through with TWoK ones.

I always liked the Starfleet insignia pin they wore on their red tunics in 2-7, and remember wanting one when I was a kid. A few years ago I finally got an actual replica one from a prop store, made by the same metal company that made the ones for the films. I don?t ever wear it or anything, I simply have it just to have one. Simple, yet one of my coolest collectibles for me.

View attachment 466116

The positioning of little gold moon/dot is accurate to where it was in 2-6. In 7, it was in the lower left corner for some reason.
Once, I had a dream. Twok comes with TUC headsculpts, fatsuits, and appropriatly fitting uniforms.

I already have the sculpts, and I have the bodies specifically for body weight adjustment, and uniforms

The way I see this, conclude or have a final tribute to TOS with TUC 3 kings and Klingons. At the same time, control cost and improve production proficiency through time and experience. Thereby lowering production cost and continue to improve quality and craftsmanship (time=experience=quality and efficiency)

My dream 1/6 Trek universe is a series of releases, the process of collecting these Trek figures supposed to be a joyful experience, and more importantly, moving through Trek history in 1/6 scale.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Really hoping that dream becomes reality. Your TWOK figures are my ST grail items. Klingons would be a great bonus. I remember being a little kid building an Enterprise out of some kind of construction toy similar to Legos and using GI Joes as the ST crew (I think General Hawk might have been used as Kirk). They’d fight Khan and the Klingons.

I don't understand how a company that clearly must have few pre-orders still has stock but the whole of Europe has to wait to have its pre-orders fulfilled. It's a frustrating epic fail as far as QMX customer service goes, although I think there are probably more people who are still waiting for Scotty.

I did try to take a look at the site but my browser told me access was denied.

Fingers crossed QMX eventually delivers near Christmas.

Seems like an age since I paid for Scotty (some point last year). Sulu is was also paid up in full months ago and still waiting on the UK stock. Poor show on QMX part. Don't think I'll be preordering anymore of their items, I'll take my chance on ordering in stock items, thats if Chekov & Uhura ever see the light of day.

Seems like an age since I paid for Scotty (some point last year). Sulu is was also paid up in full months ago and still waiting on the UK stock. Poor show on QMX part. Don't think I'll be preordering anymore of their items, I'll take my chance on ordering in stock items, thats if Chekov & Uhura ever see the light of day.

I highly doubt Uhura or Chekov will be released. This is an absolute loss of a great opportunity, of course I respect and enjoy Walters work, having said that, Nichelle broke a lot of barriers back in the 1960s with her work and her performance, and to not have that honored, quite frankly is shameful. I was very honored to get to spend time with her on a very special day in her career back in 1991, and she was nothing but polite to everyone around her (not everyone is nice to their fans). Nichelle more than deserves the same honor of every one else in the cast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back