QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping for Chekov and Uhura, but don't have high hopes either. I have the 50th anniversary Barbie Uhura just in case.

Seems like an age since I paid for Scotty (some point last year). Sulu is was also paid up in full months ago and still waiting on the UK stock. Poor show on QMX part. Don't think I'll be preordering anymore of their items, I'll take my chance on ordering in stock items, thats if Chekov & Uhura ever see the light of day.

At the risk of sounding like a qmx bashing person, I highly Doubt that they will fulfill their commitments even by this now further delayed time frame. Their customer service and their management are extremely poor. Not a sorry or a rationale anywhere for this fauxpar, all they advertise are their qpops like figures, probably because they are now employing a director who ran some of the pop vinyl funko lines so clearly believe this is the way forward. Look to be becoming less top end collectables to try and get a bigger slice of the low end marvel market, as well as DC and Harry Potter. Shame for a progressive high end collectable company who continuously harped on about quality products they have fallen victim to market forces and putting profit above their earlier goals, and treating their customer base like bigger corporations do with silence. Shame really, clearly couldn't cope.They have lost quite a few loyal customers as a result, and is also reflected in the feed back on this forum. Which I'm sure they have seen, and still could not be bothered to address a customer service issue by issuing some sort of explanation, which in itself gives rise to further descent, bad practice people.

I'm hoping for Chekov and Uhura, but don't have high hopes either. I have the 50th anniversary Barbie Uhura just in case.

I've seen a repaint of Barbie Uhura that looked decent, although I'd consider a re-hair too. There will certainly be options if Qmx bail but I'd much prefer they go the distance. Hopefully sales from Kirk and Spock will encourage them to think it's worth continuing a bit longer.

Well this isn?t very encouraging. Does that mean fulfillment won?t be met by any of the other vendors?
Nope. I have stock, and just didnt sell them because I was thinking to put them all out when twok arrives.

I am moving to a new office, less to move.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Nanjin do you think it likely that the reissue Kirk and Spock will release this fall as planned? Or do you think there may be a delay?

Nope. I have stock, and just didnt sell them because I was thinking to put them all out when twok arrives.

I am moving to a new office, less to move.

Sorry but this also looks like, even if not intended, as a slap in the face for those who have paid already and are still waiting. Dependant upon quantities you hold and are selling, could have been more beneficial and customer savvy, to offer them to vendors who were shafted so they can fulfill their commitments. I am amazed sometimes as to certain people's thought processes. You may have thought it could help but we have already paid once don't need to twice on the off chance we would get one sooner. Very odd to me.

Sorry but this also looks like, even if not intended, as a slap in the face for those who have paid already and are still waiting. Dependant upon quantities you hold and are selling, could have been more beneficial and customer savvy, to offer them to vendors who were shafted so they can fulfill their commitments. I am amazed sometimes as to certain people's thought processes. You may have thought it could help but we have already paid once don't need to twice on the off chance we would get one sooner. Very odd to me.
I think you might be mistaken.

These are my personal stock, or you can say I ?bought? them just to own them. Both of which were from the initial release, I just didnt put them up at my site. I have to paid like everyone, and I have to place order before production, just like when you guys pre order them.

I am not the merchant. I am the developer and producer

Last edited:
So if there's no more Sulu's coming out why are all the different sites still taking pre-orders for him. I tried to order one from game spot but it says it won't ship to my address probably because i'm from Canada.

Fellow trek dudes who sent me PM through this site, seems like I couldnt reply using tapatalk.

Subspace channels are either being jammed by Romulus (Great War of China Internet) or being monitored by the*Tal Shiar.

Send messages to private channel instead:

[email protected]

The new body using the previously released McCoy's parts. (McCoy needs the tall version, I am using.the short ones to test).

Replacing the 7 years old designed Coomodel body with this new body which was developed using ALL my experience in 1/6 trek uniforms and my own savings (have to give up lots of Want-to-buy toys).

WORKS!

I wont leave old friends behind. Never did, and never will.
f590712df6fcaa1347c9004cbcab05a2.jpg

Last edited:
I keep checking in with this thread hoping for news about Uhura. I can live without Chekhov but my display won't ever seem complete without her. In fact, if she didn't come I'd probably just keep Kirk, Spock and McCoy, and part with Scotty and Sulu. So I'd love to hear something definitive either way.

That would have to come from QMX and I don’t think we will hear something definitive from them. If I remember correctly when Sideshow stopped Lord of the Rings it took years for them to say they were done same thing with Indy. In fact I am not sure if they ever came out officially and stated it. It sure seams like Nanjin is ready to move full steam ahead with 1/6 Trek so the ball is in QMX’s court.

My guess would be that it is far more likely that we see a Chekov figure as opposed to an Uhura figure. Uhura will require a female body and outfit to be produced while for the most part they could just pop a Chekov head on a Sulu body/outfit and be done. I fear without Nanjin's direct influence over Trek, QMX will go the cheapest route possible.

Sometimes I get confused about what's going on with this line mostly bacause I don't use facebook but lets just say QMX drops the line, hopefully after they make good on Scotty and Sulu pre-orders, does that mean Nanjin can privately provide fans with Trek figures ie Uhura, Chekov, Chapel and Rand, maybe even v3 sculpts and extra outfits.

...does that mean Nanjin can privately provide fans with Trek figures ie Uhura, Chekov, Chapel and Rand, maybe even v3 sculpts and extra outfits.

No, there is a license involved. Qmx could have the license until it expires (and who know how long it was negotiated for) and not produce any further figures.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back