QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess would be that it is far more likely that we see a Chekov figure as opposed to an Uhura figure. Uhura will require a female body and outfit to be produced while for the most part they could just pop a Chekov head on a Sulu body/outfit and be done. I fear without Nanjin's direct influence over Trek, QMX will go the cheapest route possible.

Indeed. Chekov is basically just a new head sculpt, everything else is re-use. That's about as low risk as it gets from QMX's point of view.

Yeah, I think that Chekov would be cheaper and easier to produce than Uhura but she is likely to be a bit more popular. That said, they failed to satisfy demand for Scotty and Sulu so popularity only impacts on the resale market.

I can see that Kirk and Spock re-releases could lead to a spike in popularity of the secondary characters for any second production run, but if they don't follow up with that run, then they rather oddly just punish the loyal collectors who have supported them from the start, which would be an odd strategy.

Logically, they should proceed with the second runs or their own strategy looks very weird.

Nanjin's absence could just mean that Uhura ends up on a generic ill-suited body but I'd still take that a a win at this point.

Unfortunately I?m kinda burned out with all the drama around these Star Trek figures. I have Scotty and Sulu ordered through my LHS, but I?m not even worried if they never materialize. Same goes for the re-releases of Spock and Kirk, I can?t even get excited about the New bodies.
Something exceptional has to happen to get me back in the game.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I hope they can get Chekov out, and I would love to see Uhura but I have zero confidence in QMX continuing in 1/6 scale now that Nanjin is no longer part of the company. Hope I'm wrong.

I think enough is enough. This entire 1/6 line is absolutely NOT worth the wait. Props to Nanjin for devotion and effort as he clearly did all he could on the Trek front. The sculpts were top-notch and this line could have been epic. QMX simply has no business sense. On the flip side, Supernatural and Princess Bride are in limbo as well. Why? So QMX can concentrate on Q-figs and relentlessly push Family Knight and other funko-like offerings that hold little to no interest for me (and others I?m guessing). I?m not watching 1000 more of these silly things come out while I wait for even a single word on the long-promised 1/6 figures. Sick of the oblivious idiocy of QMX. I love Trek, but I can?t support a terrible company like this. My hard earned money is going elsewhere. Keeping Kirk, Spock and McCoy but I?m out.

I really do want my ordered, paid for Scotty, as I consider the 'big three' of TOS to really be the 'big four'. Other than that I'm a bit burnt out by it all. Which as a lifelong Trek fan is a hell of a thing, but there you go.

I do wish we got at least one other TNG character to hang out with the Captain, though. Too bad they didn't make it so, but what can you do, eh?

So is Sulu history and not going to ship ?

Now I am wondering if the Kirk and Spock
will ever get re made ?
I am personally overseeing Kirk and Spock reissue production.

These reissues and the nun production are my last responsibilities with the company.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Well, my Scotty has finally shipped from Popcultcha...

Same. :lol

No sooner than I posted about just wanting him and I'd be satisfied and I get an email that Scotty has shipped, so yeah, finally some good news (for me, at least). :yess:

hmm, what should I use my newfound special mind powers on next I wonder... BCS's Eighth Doctor maybe? :wink1:

I am personally overseeing Kirk and Spock reissue production.

These reissues and the nun production are my last responsibilities with the company.

Great!!! When do you think that the Kirk and Spock re-issue will be released in America?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It?s probably a good thing for you to be free honestly. QMX 1/6 is a sinking ship. Sinking ships never recognize good employees like you. Ever. Sad thing is, they did it to themselves and blew a big opportunity.

It?s probably a good thing for you to be free honestly. QMX 1/6 is a sinking ship. Sinking ships never recognize good employees like you. Ever. Sad thing is, they did it to themselves and blew a big opportunity.
Well, I only have a few hobbies, and making Trek Figures is one major one. And...

I enjoyed producing them because I believe we Trek fans deserve something good.

I put my heart and responsibilities into producing them. It is like making something for my friends.

Seriously, I am not into this for financial gain (I actually lost).

I am into making good Trek [emoji1] and I had no choice [emoji1787]

Well, I only have a few hobbies, and making Trek Figures is one major one. And...

I enjoyed producing them because I believe we Trek fans deserve something good.

I put my heart and responsibilities into producing them. It is like making something for my friends.

Seriously, I am not into this for financial gain (I actually lost).

I am into making good Trek [emoji1] and I had no choice [emoji1787]

You have never directly answered all the questions people have asked you about Sulu. Is he still getting made? Will orders be fulfilled? I know you are not working for them anymore but I assume you must know the answers.

Yes, more Sulus are being made and sold through Sideshow, Qmx, other stores. I?m not sure why anyone thinks it?s canceled. Maybe a rando speculation post that others read and relay as fact? Perhaps Qmx would have been better off taking pre orders two years ahead of est delivery? :wink1:

I?m more concerned about Uhura, which I fear is unlikely to be made.

Of course Uhura will not be made.

Why should Nichelle be honored for her amazing ground breaking work as a great actress and the fact that she, as a woman of color in entertainment, helped to break many barriers for the next generation of talents to come ... should that be honored?

Apparently QMX thinks not ...

QMX = Animals

Nanjin, you are better off not working there, you are an individual who hires and trains handicapped people to explore their art and their worth in society, clearly you were a bad fit at QMX

QMX = Animals

(Oh, I already said that)

You have never directly answered all the questions people have asked you about Sulu. Is he still getting made? Will orders be fulfilled? I know you are not working for them anymore but I assume you must know the answers.
I would need to hire a lawyer...

Of course Uhura will not be made.

Why should Nichelle be honored for her amazing ground breaking work as a great actress and the fact that she, as a woman of color in entertainment, helped to break many barriers for the next generation of talents to come ... should that be honored?

Apparently QMX thinks not ...

QMX = Animals

Nanjin, you are better off not working there, you are an individual who hires and trains handicapped people to explore their art and their worth in society, clearly you were a bad fit at QMX

QMX = Animals

(Oh, I already said that)

Uhura is important.

If I could refused to produce McCoy without his ring (the love for his mom) and at least one missing finger hands for Scotty (his veteran background), I would not possibly do less for Uhura. She was a game changer in Hollywood, just like Bruce Lee representing Asian.

I truly respect Trek

(Noticed I hardly show off Uhura? Without her body, I would not )

Back