QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is more like managing the production through a 3rd person, and I am not able to check the work anytime I want.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

I am probably asking a dumb question here but seeing your passion and how much loyalty you personally have with their customer base (I am a die hard Hot Toys and Blitzway buyer and your efforts are the only thing that made me pay attention to QMX) is there any chance that they may reconsider this decision or is it definitely final...sounds like they are shooting themselves in the foot.

I am probably asking a dumb question here but seeing your passion and how much loyalty you personally have with their customer base (I am a die hard Hot Toys and Blitzway buyer and your efforts are the only thing that made me pay attention to QMX) is there any chance that they may reconsider this decision or is it definitely final...sounds like they are shooting themselves in the foot.

First I am flattered to be able to compare QMx with the big boys. We or I must be doing something right. Although I cant say I did this single handedly because 1/6 can never be one man show except for Mr Howard Chan in this entire market, but I am a lone soldier in enemy territory. Thank you. Is good to know someone will look at QMx this way.

My employment nailed by one common statement between the company and I,

“to be the 2nd largest producer in the industry.”

(I know we can never be number one. Goals must be realistic otherwise it is a wish)

I have been working for QMx for 3 years. I only check my salary transfer no more than 10 times. This evident that financial rewards has less priority in my personal formula.

Therefore, My objective is clear and firm, I will do whatever I can to assist and support QMx to reach that common goal.

I will do whatever realistically to steer the vessel away from this danger.

Stubbornness is my last name. That's why there are Trek figures.

I am a crewman of a vessel, I am not a cargo. It is my responsibility to keep the vessel to continue its voyage until the last minute.

Last edited:
My Khan was just delivered by Sideshow and I just unboxed him! Nanjin you have outdone yourself! This figure is amazing...pictures do not do it justice! Having this show up on my doorstep really drives it home what a loss your situation with QMX is to Star Trek fans and collectors!

My Khan was just delivered by Sideshow and I just unboxed him! Nanjin you have outdone yourself! This figure is amazing...pictures do not do it justice! Having this show up on my doorstep really drives it home what a loss your situation with QMX is to Star Trek fans and collectors!
Thank you.

If not I focused my mind on my team (previous work) and my determination to have these Trek figures done, I dont think I would see 2013.

They are not a thing, they are not a merchandise. They are my emotion anchor that pushed me up from ditches.

As a certain Captain once said, "Some people think the future means the ed of history. Well, we haven't run out of history quite yet."

Uncertain times for all but I'm completely confident that this doesn't mark the end of Trek and it doesn't mark the end of Nanjin's exceptional contribution to 1/6 scale masterpieces. I'm more puzzled that there seems to be so much activity on the forum after the horse has bolted. ;-p

I think the activity was there it’s juat been over a year since we have seen a new figure. And now we know why.
Yeah basically QMX was full of it and Nanjin was trying to steer a starship with no crew aboard.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

This is sad. I've been aboard the Nanjin train since his earlier TWOK figures (I have all three) and both his ST09 figures, as well as his non-QMx captain's chair. Everything before and with QMx has been awesome and has definitely put a smile on my face every time I look at them. I look forward to any and all Star Trek figures in the future. I'm a fan forever!

Me too! It was an awesome journey to see. As far as I am concerned Nanjin you did it. You made high end Trek figures and brought them to the masses at an affordable price (compared to the other high end figures at the time of release). It brought joy to those of us that always wanted 1/6 Trek and if this is the end of the tail it is one of your success which can been seen everyday by those of us with the figures. QMX may see it as a different result but they are a company and have different goals than a passionate individual. Be at peace and if you put the same passion into your next adventure as you did with Trek it will be a success as well. Please let me/us know where you go and what you are up to. Thanks again for everything you have and will do.

Me too! It was an awesome journey to see. As far as I am concerned Nanjin you did it. You made high end Trek figures and brought them to the masses at an affordable price (compared to the other high end figures at the time of release). It brought joy to those of us that always wanted 1/6 Trek and if this is the end of the tail it is one of your success which can been seen everyday by those of us with the figures. QMX may see it as a different result but they are a company and have different goals than a passionate individual. Be at peace and if you put the same passion into your next adventure as you did with Trek it will be a success as well. Please let me/us know where you go and what you are up to. Thanks again for everything you have and will do.
Thank you. If I leave Trek, I will leave this field for good. Too heartbreaking to see.... If you are a single dad, then you can imagine how I feel.

Believe it or not, my next step in Trek was supposed to lower production cost and increase efficiency, and at the same time improve quality.

A mold guy said he could take care of my anxiousness in head sculpt mold improvement. He said if I teach his kid Kung Fu, he will give me a 50% discount on the molds.

Head Molds construction is an art. There are only 3 best head mold technicians in 1/6. He is their mentor.

FYI, head molds that used by most 1/6 range from USD500-700. “XT” molds are USD1700.

“XT” used the same tactics on all skill tech (head sculpting, prototyping, etc.). Pushup the pricing so everyone needs to pay more, while they have volume advantage and average out to small dollars....

1/6 like all production. Effectively increase Efficiency is the key

I hope you find another venue to channel your energy and passion for Star Trek or whatever is next in your plans Nanjin.
Actually, I'm sure you will find it. Talent, passion and drive like yours are what make companies succeed.

If you ever get interested in Alien, I hereby offer my services for free. I'm a huge fan with loads and loads of reference material, and would love to see somebody make a proper 1/6 scale H.R. Giger alien figure.

I hope you find another venue to channel your energy and passion for Star Trek or whatever is next in your plans Nanjin.
Actually, I'm sure you will find it. Talent, passion and drive like yours are what make companies succeed.

If you ever get interested in Alien, I hereby offer my services for free. I'm a huge fan with loads and loads of reference material, and would love to see somebody make a proper 1/6 scale H.R. Giger alien figure.
No. No Trek, then this is it.

eb9c427c3d2b05feb6260eaa511f7b15.jpg

Last edited:
That’s a great comparison shot. Both were the best & most accurate Trek figures when they came out as well. It is amazing how much they improved.

Really sad to hear about all of this. I don't have much faith that QMx on their own will be able to keep the quality at the same level as the other TOS figures if they even bother to continue the line. My patience with QMx is pretty much exhausted anyway. They don't like completing lines--we have one Firefly figure, one Supernatural figure, one ST:TNG figure, and only four of the main TOS crew (including Scotty) after all these years. When I talked to Dave at SDCC, I heard a lot of excuses for this and that but nothing that convinced me to have hope that any line they make will be completed.

I wish nanjin the best. It's tough to see someone with such passion and know-how get pushed to the side in favor of whatever corporate ******** is going on over there.

Really sad to hear about all of this. I don't have much faith that QMx on their own will be able to keep the quality at the same level as the other TOS figures if they even bother to continue the line. My patience with QMx is pretty much exhausted anyway. They don't like completing lines--we have one Firefly figure, one Supernatural figure, one ST:TNG figure, and only four of the main TOS crew (including Scotty) after all these years. When I talked to Dave at SDCC, I heard a lot of excuses for this and that but nothing that convinced me to have hope that any line they make will be completed.

I wish nanjin the best. It's tough to see someone with such passion and know-how get pushed to the side in favor of whatever corporate ******** is going on over there.

Yeah that sums it up pretty well.

Back