QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While the Mirror, Mirror variants would be cool, I'd rather they get all seven of TOS main crew out in their original form first.

As nice as it would be to have all 7, I think that the larger market for these figures would be struggling to go beyond Kirk, Spock and McCoy,
Me, I'd buy them all, but I can see more market sense in pushing any Kirk or Spock variants. Mirror versions are of course number one. I'd personally like to see Kirk in the enviro/space suit. One of my favorite Playmates releases from back in the day.

As nice as it would be to have all 7, I think that the larger market for these figures would be struggling to go beyond Kirk, Spock and McCoy,
Me, I'd buy them all, but I can see more market sense in pushing any Kirk or Spock variants. Mirror versions are of course number one. I'd personally like to see Kirk in the enviro/space suit. One of my favorite Playmates releases from back in the day.

The last thing I would want is ten different Kirk and Spock figures but no Chekov. Still, if a limited run of Khan figures sells well, this makes production of supporting cast members more likely in some form.

Personally I won't be buying variants, and if QMX doesn't continue with the intention to make the rest of the main crew I won't be buying anything else as far as any secondary characters they make go either. Full main crews for TOS and TNG are vital in my opinion, and should be viable (I know the reality is different with DS9 and Voyager, unfortunately), otherwise I'll just stick with the TOS trio I already have, and skip TNG entirely.

I won't be buying variants either because I just can't afford it.
6c0da97aef1713f082189cd052a82ed1.jpg

I've never understood the "all or nothing" mentality of some Trek fans. I'm a huge Star Trek fan but really only care to get my favorite characters. While it would be nice to see Uhura or Crusher or Odo etc... I wouldn't let them not making them have any effect on buying the characters I really want. With ToS I've got the three out now and only plan to get Scotty for the main cast after that. Maybe a Klingon if they make one.
When it comes to 1/6 collecting i think it's more about showcasing your favorites and less about jamming it full of characters you may not like as much.

I switched from Mezco to QMX because I saw how far they wanted to go into the line at last years SDCC. While Mezco had shown Kirk Spock and Sulu, QMX showed those plus McCoy and Scotty! So I sold my Mezco Spock and Sulu and immediately bought QMC Kirk and Spock and haven't looked back. I have McCoy and will buy all TOS and TWOK offerings. Mezco Trek seems to be petering out. McCoy looks poor like Kirk and only a another Kirk variant is being shown. If you bought Diamond you know when it gets down to Kirk and Spock variants the line is on borrowed time anyway.

Well, I fully intend to get customs made of any missing characters! I'd prefer to minimise that number obviously. So at the moment, I'm assuming I'll need to commission Chapel, Rand, Decker, and Ilia. It looks like we might get a Saavik but if any of the others materialise (not literally), I'll be very happy.

I'm so new to the sixth scale game I did not know you could commission like that. How expensive is that?

I switched from Mezco to QMX because I saw how far they wanted to go into the line at last years SDCC. While Mezco had shown Kirk Spock and Sulu, QMX showed those plus McCoy and Scotty! So I sold my Mezco Spock and Sulu and immediately bought QMC Kirk and Spock and haven't looked back. I have McCoy and will buy all TOS and TWOK offerings. Mezco Trek seems to be petering out. McCoy looks poor like Kirk and only a another Kirk variant is being shown. If you bought Diamond you know when it gets down to Kirk and Spock variants the line is on borrowed time anyway.
According to "some" source, there is no Trek fans in Mezco. Their development team followed me closely to observe what I was doing with my version of Trek. But I assure you, we will have the complete TOS crew.

Sent from my SM-G9550 using Tapatalk

I'm so new to the sixth scale game I did not know you could commission like that. How expensive is that?

Very! But yay for Nanjin! It's worth noting that he sourced numerous custom star trek figures of his own before Qmx decided to share his vision.

Mind you, complete TOS crew could stop short of Chapel. The big 7 seem to be the ones in people's minds. Chapel got the focus in this, month's star trek Waypoint. Somebody finally remembered that she's a research biologist! Woot!

Very! But yay for Nanjin! It's worth noting that he sourced numerous custom star trek figures of his own before Qmx decided to share his vision.

Mind you, complete TOS crew could stop short of Chapel. The big 7 seem to be the ones in people's minds. Chapel got the focus in this, month's star trek Waypoint. Somebody finally remembered that she's a research biologist! Woot!

If you watched the latest episode of Star Trek Continues that just dropped you learn Christine is off at medical school

According to "some" source, there is no Trek fans in Mezco. Their development team followed me closely to observe what I was doing with my version of Trek. But I assure you, we will have the complete TOS crew.

I need to prepare my shrine lol

Very good news! I hope that includes Janice Rand and Christen Chapel!

That's always reassuring to hear.

I'd also buy Chapel and Rand if they were made, but as long as the big seven is complete I'll be pretty satisfied personally, and anything else that gets done will be considered a bonus.

Here's a question I want to know the answer to and I think said answer could potentially kick of a *****storm, but I'll ask anyway because I really want to know. Nanjin, the Dr. Crusher prototype that was NOT shown at comic con....does it have rooted hair or sculpted hair? Honestly, I'm pulling for rooted hair for her myself but I'm curious. I watched an episode of Next gen this morning before work(Picard and Crusher are mentally linked and discover their affection for each other. Underated episode) and began thinking about it.

Back