QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't Dave say that they (qmx) would have Picard for sale after the con? We don't know how long that's been developing of course. .:dunno

Unless he meant that it would be for sale in the same way this has been for sale as in pre-order, that is of course a distinct possibility.

Dang, if that date sticks it'll be a year and a half since it the prototype was shown at Dallas Comic Con. Hopefully the rest of the figures will go faster.

One would hope, but one thing I've learned in this hobby is that lead times always seem to get longer, never shorter.

Dang, if that date sticks it'll be a year and a half since it the prototype was shown at Dallas Comic Con. Hopefully the rest of the figures will go faster.

That's crazy. Unless they're working on various aspects to make this figure look even better with body molds and such, then that's a crazy delay on their end. I remember when this was announced, QMx was talking quite a bit with fans of the piece, and they said that their goal was to release one or two characters a YEAR until the crew was done. We should be on character four by this point!

Guess we'll have to wait and see what's found out at SDCC.

They probably didn't realise how hard it was going to be producing a high standard 1/6 figure.
Developing the proto is one thing, but producing that quality over thousands of figures is a different story.

Mal is QMX's 1/6 guinea pig. Once they get their production line set up to their satisfaction, I'm sure future 1/6 releases will go much quicker.

Well, better than being cancelled. I'll take a delay over a less-than-ideal figure anyways.

Saw this on FB:

We interrupt our SDCC 2015 ramp-up announcements to give you an update on our Firefly 1:6 Scale Malcolm Reynolds Articulated Figure!
He is VERY close to being ready, and should arrive sometime this Fall.

Back