PS3 preorders tomorrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
Stopped by my Gamespot and they said they didn't know what was going on. They had heard it might happen but had no information about exactly when or how the preorder was going to take place.

That scares me about the Wii pre-order because my friend's a manager at a Gamestop and he's suppost to let me know when they are going to take pre-orders so I can be sure to get one.

I would guess that the Wii will go up for pre order next week because that would give people a month to pay it off.

I got a PS3.:chew

My local EB Games got 16 units, and I got one of the Premium $599 versions.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Now I need to get a few more to fund my Cinemaquette/Sideshow addiction. ;)

kain4521 said:
I would guess that the Wii will go up for pre order next week because that would give people a month to pay it off.

I'm thinking the same thing. If they are launching only 2 days apart (still weird that it's launching on a Sunday, and a Sunday I'll be working the Ravens vs Falcons game none the less), I'd expect one day next week. I was planning on taking a sick day this week but I'll put it off until I find out when this is going up so I can be sure to get it pre-ordered.

Big Thanks to SSC_Nerd for the heads-up on this. I was first in line this morning for the pre-order, and would have completely missed it, if it weren't for this thread. I guess I should also thank Bannister, since I was looking at his "Gray Hulk Vs. Spiderman" auction, and then came here to find his latest posts to see if he had listed here first. That's when I came upon this thread. So thanks to Bannister too!

Whooohoooo, PS3 for Christmas in the 'Fly house!

Pass! I am PS fan but for $600 bucks I can get so much more. When I got my 360 this summer I got that plus 4 games and PO like 3 more for $550 so I'll take that and run. Right now the PS3 just isn't worth it.

jlcmsu said:
Pass! I am PS fan but for $600 bucks I can get so much more. When I got my 360 this summer I got that plus 4 games and PO like 3 more for $550 so I'll take that and run. Right now the PS3 just isn't worth it.

agree 100%

jlcmsu said:
Right now the PS3 just isn't worth it.

Normally I would agree, but it has a Blu-Ray player. I'm getting an HD-DVD player soon, and this is an easy way for me to have both formats. Obviously, if Blu-Ray wins over HD-DVD, I'll get a standalone player since I'm sure movie playback on this machine isn't ideal.

I REALLY want the Wii most of all, and I'll definitely be getting one of those at launch. I'll possibly sell the PS3 and get one when the price drops. I want to have a Wii as my main console and either the 360 or PS3 as a second unit.

I don't play video games nearly as much as I used to. I used to import consoles from Japan before they even came out over here. Now, with work taking up so much of my time, I haven't played a video game in over a year. Still, I'm excited about the new consoles.

I understand but I'll wait and see which format wins and wait for the players to drop more. Right now my regular DVD player is just fine. I have been considering buying the HD player that will go with the 360 but I'm not sure that I want to possibly burn up my 360 playing movies all the time.

I hate to break this to people that are going to buy a PS3 and then scalp it. It's not going to work. The reason it worked with the Xbox 360 was that Microsoft Limited the release numbers and the stores just didn't have enough. Sony is very smart, they saw the error of Microsoft's ways and are going to fix it. People that wanted a 360 at the time it was released and didn't get one for months and months just gave up and never EVER got one. Sony is going to release the maximum amount of PS3s out so everybody that wants one can get one. I read an article where there are going to be 400,000 units of PS3 released the first day. There hasn't even been that many Xbox 360s in the year it's been out. So for those of you who want to scalp the PS3, I probably wouldn't do it.

jlcmsu said:

I buying when it comes out in march in UK as it plays blu-ray disc...as stand alone BR player costs $999 alone

pitchin said:
I buying when it comes out in march in UK as it plays blu-ray disc...as stand alone BR player costs $999 alone

That's cool. I'll wait and see which format wins.

I honestly am frustrated that the powers that be still have yet to nail down an across-the-board DVD format. AND that the game makers are split as well.

makes me want to just wait until the BS is sorted out, but then Id proably never get either

elwood49 said:
I got a PS3.:chew

My local EB Games got 16 units, and I got one of the Premium $599 versions.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Now I need to get a few more to fund my Cinemaquette/Sideshow addiction. ;)

Any idea of what the breakdown is per store of 20 GB vs. 60 GB units that will be available this morning?

congerking said:
I hate to break this to people that are going to buy a PS3 and then scalp it. It's not going to work. The reason it worked with the Xbox 360 was that Microsoft Limited the release numbers and the stores just didn't have enough. Sony is very smart, they saw the error of Microsoft's ways and are going to fix it. People that wanted a 360 at the time it was released and didn't get one for months and months just gave up and never EVER got one. Sony is going to release the maximum amount of PS3s out so everybody that wants one can get one. I read an article where there are going to be 400,000 units of PS3 released the first day. There hasn't even been that many Xbox 360s in the year it's been out. So for those of you who want to scalp the PS3, I probably wouldn't do it.

Where the heck have you been? I want to say so many things but I will just let it go. Nevermind.

Just to prove the above point there are already idiots on ebay that are paying $800 for the system and one game. Others are posting theres for $1999.99.

occulum said:
I honestly am frustrated that the powers that be still have yet to nail down an across-the-board DVD format. AND that the game makers are split as well.

makes me want to just wait until the BS is sorted out, but then Id proably never get either

what'll probably happen will be like writable dvdrs +/-

they'll make players capable of playing both

Those players already exist. They are priced threw the roof though! You won't find them at a Best Buy or ciruit either.

pitchin said:

good idea, but its a cheap BR player in the PS3. i hate to bash on sony, but with blu ray fairly new i wonder how long the players last in the systems. same with the HD player for the 360, except one thing: if the 360 HD player craps out i'll still be able to play my games.:D

I don't see why anyone would keep a PS3 if they're one of the first to get their hands on it. My friend got a X BOX360 and sold it right away for two grand. It's just so easy to turn.

Back