PS3 preorders tomorrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSC_Nerd

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thought I'd give you guys a heads up. There's been a rumor going around that EB's and Gamestop's will be doing preorders on the soon to be elusive PS3 tomorrow. It is now confirmed by by my very very reliable sources (people that work there) that is a fact. Preorders WILL start tomorrow, and quantities are going to be terribley limited. God knows that the employees will save some for themselves to make moolah off of. Thought I'd give any interested people a friendly heads up.:chew

So what's the final rip-of...uh...price point on this thing? $500? $600? More?

I think I'm going to be splurging on an XBox 360 next year. I expect the price will go down a bit with the release of PS3 and Wii this season (maybe only by $50-100, but at least it'll be something).

Getting back on-topic though, I expect that no matter what price it ends up being, this will be another gaming console feeding frenzy with scalpers pulling out all the stops they can. :rolleyes:

You're right.... these prices are ridiculous. What was I thinking?!?!?!

Now, excuse me while I go spend $350 on a lifeless statue.:lol

Yeah, I've always hated the large price tag, but I compare it to Sideshow that I'm willing top spend oodles of money on a good quality product (assuming the PS3 is a quality product.)

And yeah, scalpers are a bane to me. I have a few friends who are gonna buy PS3's just to sell them immidiately on ebay. Sure, it makes total sense to do it profit-wise, but I've always feel bad for the people who have to have it right away but are forced to pay for them at scalpers prices. Sure, it's a quick buck, but it's also kinda rude if ya ask me.

Thanks for the heads up. Not planning on getting one, but I need to call my friend who is. Please let me know when they decide to take Wii preorders because I'm scheduling my next vacation around getting that console. Seriously:monkey2

Darth Loki said:
Thanks for the heads up. Not planning on getting one, but I need to call my friend who is. Please let me know when they decide to take Wii preorders because I'm scheduling my next vacation around getting that console. Seriously:monkey2

It's not a fact, but I'm sure it's 90% true that Wii preorders are tomorrow ALSO!

SSC_Nerd said:
It's not a fact, but I'm sure it's 90% true that Wii preorders are tomorrow ALSO!
those things sure have a wierd new controller.

photo_nunchuk.jpg

Not getting the PS3 but I am thinking of getting a Wii so let us know when it goes up for order.

How does this usually work. Do you have to physically go to the store to preorder, or can you just call them and reserve it that way?

To pre order you have to be at the store usually 50 bucks gets the pre order at least thats how it was with the 360.

SSC_Nerd said:
You're right.... these prices are ridiculous. What was I thinking?!?!?!

Now, excuse me while I go spend $350 on a lifeless statue.:lol

Yeah, I've always hated the large price tag, but I compare it to Sideshow that I'm willing top spend oodles of money on a good quality product (assuming the PS3 is a quality product.)

And yeah, scalpers are a bane to me. I have a few friends who are gonna buy PS3's just to sell them immidiately on ebay. Sure, it makes total sense to do it profit-wise, but I've always feel bad for the people who have to have it right away but are forced to pay for them at scalpers prices. Sure, it's a quick buck, but it's also kinda rude if ya ask me.

LOL!!! :lol

Touche...touche...

Scalpers, price tags, hardware glitches, and limited game libraries are the reasons why I usually wait a year or so to get on board with a new gaming platform. When I get to it, availability isn't a problems, the price is lower, the bugs have ironed out, and I've got my choice of games.

I just wonder how effective Blu-Ray is going to be on this system. From what I've heard (and I could be wrong about this), Sony's been having problems with the drives. Sounds like major glitches waiting to happen (although 360 wasn't exactly perfect either last year...)

As for the Wii, the pre-orders have to be soon. I was at Target last night, and they have the game cabinets already set up for PS3 and Wii with huge banners inside the glass cases.

Sith Lord 0498 said:
LOL!!! :lol

Touche...touche...

Scalpers, price tags, hardware glitches, and limited game libraries are the reasons why I usually wait a year or so to get on board with a new gaming platform. When I get to it, availability isn't a problems, the price is lower, the bugs have ironed out, and I've got my choice of games.

Yep, I do the exact same thing.

I thought they lowered the expected price of the PS3 to like $409 to compete with the Xbox 360? At least that was some news I read from scifi-meshes.com

Personally, I'd rather have an Xbox 360, I like it better, it can play the games I like, but I'd also like it to play HD-Dvd's but that's an extra $200, so it would be more than the outofthebox PS3, which can play Blu-ray discs already. BUT, going to Best Buy and looking at the next-gen dvd selection, I didn't see any Blu-ray at all and there were many movies I'd like to have in HD so it's a hard choice.

But then again, I'm planning on buying the General Grievous PF once I have the money so why am I even thinking about this.

And... I don't have a TV.

well the PS3 price drop is only gonna be for Japan. im not interested in a PS3 at all. their heads swelled up too much for me... i just dont see anyone but diehard gamers shelling out that kind of cash for one, especially come christmas time. can you see an 11 year trying to talk their parents into getting them a $500+ machine on top of a game or two?? (and thats the low end model)

Just read on gamespot that each store will only have 8 systems for pre order some store's 16. Bannister you better get there early if you want one.

Stopped by my Gamespot and they said they didn't know what was going on. They had heard it might happen but had no information about exactly when or how the preorder was going to take place.

Back