Prolonged storage in box

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obsidian7

Super Freak
Reaction score
For the past 12 months or so I've had limited means to display my collectibles, so they've been kept in their art boxes, in the styrofoam in the spare room. Not in a garage or around any moisture, but it's just ocured to me that it may not best for them? Not sure how polystone or paint work reacts to being confined or lack of air? Has anyone had any disaster stories of opening up your statues after a long time boxed up and they're wrecked or deteriorated in any way?

I dont own any statues, but considering the amount of time they sit in a warehouse I would not worry about it. You can always open and check on them.

Foams can fuse with the contents especially plastic/rubber parts. Same goes for Plastic trays. Even those plastic bag wrappers used to protect the parts can fuse with rubber/plastic parts over time.

I recently had a piece arrive with the Styrofoam fused to the rubber. I returned it for another. This was a recently released piece too.
Another time I had a statue with rubber hoses where the hoses started to eat away the statue where they were resting on it. This was supposedly brand new and sitting the box for awhile but it was an older piece.
I used to hate buying older PFs that came with a cape or jacket because they would be so wrinkled from being in the box for that long that I could never get the wrinkles out.

Back