Statue Prime 1 Terminator Endoskeleton statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I thought paper clips would do the trick lol. The thickness was ok and it even slotted in the little holes, which prevented it from moving around, but it was almost impossible to straighten the clip even with a plier. Birthday sparkers? Would be stronger but not sure if too thick and also has a long bump (where you light up the candle), if that part can be scrapped off clean, and if the magnet can hold it, it may do the trick? I might have a few left and if I can find it take a closer look.

And I thought paper clips would do the trick lol. The thickness was ok and it even slotted in the little holes, which prevented it from moving around, but it was almost impossible to straighten the clip even with a plier. Birthday sparkers? Would be stronger but not sure if too thick and also has a long bump (where you light up the candle), if that part can be scrapped off clean, and if the magnet can hold it, it may do the trick? I might have a few left and if I can find it take a closer look.

You should give that a try! I'm actually curious if the thickness would work using a sparker.

I finally received my endo and I really like it. I don't see any leaning issue. I did have a few observations, does anyone else's endo have a brighter skull than the rest of the body. The skull on mine has the black specks of weathering but the rest of the skull is pretty shiny. The rest of the body has more of the dull chrome finish. At certain angles the endo looks a little off bc of the shiny skull. Also, the weathering on the chest area is easily removed, just rubbing your finger over the area removes the weathering. Finally, some of the piston pins that insert into the holes on the leg and below the chest area don't fit all the way in.

You should give that a try! I'm actually curious if the thickness would work using a sparker.

Still trying to find it, there must be some leftovers to burn off for NYE lol. I probably will just leave the arms as it is but if I do come across them, I'll compare it's thickness to the holes and let you know.

I finally received my endo and I really like it. I don't see any leaning issue. I did have a few observations, does anyone else's endo have a brighter skull than the rest of the body. The skull on mine has the black specks of weathering but the rest of the skull is pretty shiny. The rest of the body has more of the dull chrome finish. At certain angles the endo looks a little off bc of the shiny skull. Also, the weathering on the chest area is easily removed, just rubbing your finger over the area removes the weathering. Finally, some of the piston pins that insert into the holes on the leg and below the chest area don't fit all the way in.

Congrats and awesome that you like it! What edition number did you get?
My skull is a little tad lighter than the body but same colour as the arms and legs, it does differ throughout the day with some days looking darker, the entire statue including head looks like a burnt toast and other days lighter. I think lighting has a lot to do with it. That said I'm pretty sure there are some slight variations in the portraits of the skull and body as some collectors pics, the head looks a little darker and on others the torso doesn't look as weathered or a tad lighter in colour.

The weathering shouldn't be easy to remove at all, pretty much tattooed on the chrome paint and very difficult to rub off. I'm not familiar with weathering issues but I do know temperatures can cause problems weakening the bond. Simply rubbing or brushing the statue with your fingers shouldn't rub off the weathering.

I wouldn't push the little piston pins in the legs and other areas fully in (otherwise it would get stuck and you'd have problems removing them in future), but they should sit mostly flush so as to stay in place and look hidden. If your not sure, take some pics and we can look into it better and assist if possible.

20201222_143741.jpg20201222_143532.jpg20201222_143549.jpg

Here are a few pics of the pins that are not flush.

20201222_144354.jpg20201222_144111.jpg

As mentioned, a pic of the weathering that seems to be rubbing off and it came out of the box with a peculiar not weathered portion, sort of like a triangle.

The second pic, the arm vs the skull.

1st pic (leg piston): that one looks concerning, the pin needs to match up to the hole, yours look like it doesn't reach the hole. If this is the case you may have received a defective one (like Tani, a previous poster whose leg pins don't match up to the leg and torso). If it matches up, I'd gently massage it in, but don't force it, it doesn't need to be full flush to hold.

2nd pic: I checked my chest pistons they sit in a little more than yours but not by much, I wouldn't force it right in. Does it hold well? If so, I would leave it as it is.

3rd: that's the neck piston, can be fixed by slightly shaving the pin (but I wouldn't recommend it), if it holds and does not fall, I would leave it sitting there.

View attachment 502003View attachment 502004

As mentioned, a pic of the weathering that seems to be rubbing off and it came out of the box with a peculiar not weathered portion, sort of like a triangle.

The second pic, the arm vs the skull.

1st pic: that looks like a botch up with the weathering job in the mid torso region, the top part looks scrapped off and lower part (triangle shape), that's not what it's meant to look like, there shouldn't be a glaring mark like that.

2nd pic: Head looks fine to me in that pic and matches the endo, can't see any problems with that picture.

Yeah dude, the first thing the wife said when she saw it, "doesnt the skull look shinner to the rest of the body" at this point I thought I need to replace the wife! But dam she was right. Yeah my skull looks shinier then the rest of the body. I thought maybe its lighting but its not. Rest of body is of that dull chrome. Just after the jaw line, mine gets shinier. As for the pins, they really peed me off. Some of them wouldnt reach all the way, in the end i got it close as i could and dab a little super glue to make them stay in position. Also the neck wire that goes into its skull won't stay in place, they should have made that magnet too, that keeps dangling at times.

Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays so far. :) I spent a bit of time touching up the base of the statue yesterday. I mainly gave the rocks and metal scrap pieces a bit of a touch-up to give it a more realistic look.

Base.jpg

Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays so far. :) I spent a bit of time touching up the base of the statue yesterday. I mainly gave the rocks and metal scrap pieces a bit of a touch-up to give it a more realistic look.

View attachment 502473

Nice work David, esp the metal pieces look a lot better. Your dedication shows your true passion for this piece!

I've just ordered the Blu Ray version of T1 (DVD doesn't cut it for me anymore lol). Still waiting for the 4k version! Also snapped up the Megatron final battle damaged bust as P1 has some sales going on, it'll look good with the T-800 :)

Nice work David, esp the metal pieces look a lot better. Your dedication shows your true passion for this piece!

I've just ordered the Blu Ray version of T1 (DVD doesn't cut it for me anymore lol). Still waiting for the 4k version! Also snapped up the Megatron final battle damaged bust as P1 has some sales going on, it'll look good with the T-800 :)

Thanks! I want this statue to look as great as possible. :)

Base 2.jpg

Back