Statue Prime 1 Terminator Endoskeleton statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people are abrasive indeed, but then you can also see comments like this:

It's not about you, it's about a possibly defective big-ticket piece risking a debacle because of poor engineering. That is worrisome for everyone if these things are not addressed by the company.

Congratulations to the happy owners, though. There are good ones out there.

Endos, I mean. :p

Exactly.

What are you guys on about? It is basically 3 or 4 of you on here having one big circle jerk about how great this is and the ones I've seen on SF are voicing perfectly valid concerns especially with that last batch of pics which had to be up there as one of the worst leans on this statue yet.

I get it guys I do. You paid good money for this and it's hard to admit it may have issues. I really do hope that in 2 or 3 years time you can come back to this thread and say "told you so" but I honestly believe there will be some heart break in the future regarding this.

Gravity + time will not be kind ( I hope I'm wrong ).

Wow, 'hard to admit it may have issues' mate that statement says it all. No statue gets 100% marks. Already listed my pros and cons of this statue and so have the other collectors who received theirs and no, it is not hard to point out or admit issues when you be have the statue in front of you. Man has the ignorance real dialed up a notch.

Perfectly valid concerns from SF forum? Like the head looking down when it can be articulated as shown by pics and noted on their website but conveniently ignored by the haters?

That recent photo on SF... I can make my endo looking like that by taking it a certain angle.
Fact: the head is not that big and never protrudes past the base, but photos can be taken to make it look like it's sticking out by a foot.

Or the statue is leaning and falling over? FYI my mate, a structural engineer who overseas a team of engineers that rectify structural defects for commercial highrises, guess what? His taken a look and would be very surprised if this thing collapsed on itself given the amount of weight bearing support built in. His opinion was that this thing will stand for many years.

We paid money for a great statue, just like collectors in 2008 paid even more money for a good hcg endo statue. So what's your point?

On SF Blue Liquid, one of the very few who actually purchased and received the statue, posted photos of overlays where her endo just about matches the proto. She's pleased with her product and has provided her insight which I can second is vaild. Again how funny her comments were ignored. So it's not 3 or 4 here jerking each other off here mate, go to burtials youtube review and see how many rate this thing a beauty.

Mate its not even about coming back 2, 3 or 5 years and saying 'i told you so'. It's about calling out bull$h1t, unsubstantiated claims about the piece. Some people don't have risk tolerance and that's fine, I respect that, save your money, be patient and pull the trigger when you see an endo you like, which is what I've done waiting since 2009. But to go around saying collectors are having the equivalent of stockholm syndrome? That's offensive, low and unnecessary.

The broken hearts are the ones wanting this but decided to pull out. But you know who I feel for more? The ones really wanting this but unable to afford one for reasons beyond their control.

I wouldn't worry about broken hearts in the future, you'd end up worrying about other things like, what happens when the paint fades? Would I be able to paint it the same? Or hoping the red LED eyes last as long as it can etc.

This is the best original endo of the lot, also confirmed by multiple collectors who own the 1/3 cinemaquette, regarded as the grail piece for it's time. If we were to bulk all the endos from T1 to T5, this endo is second only to the life size genisys one in sculpt and replication. But what do I know, heck I'm just one casual collector and am lucky and privelged to have been afforded the opportunity and capacity to buy something that turned out to be a beauty.

I'm with you Dundee. In the end of the day, each collector's gotta go with their own instincts on their purchases. I'm glad that quite a few of us here on this forum ended up sticking with this purchase and are now happy with it. There will always be one offs, but that's just the way the hobby goes. I remember when I bought my CM T-850 (Arnold) back in 2008...people were trying to tell me how the silicone skin would only last a few years before it starts "rotting" away. Never happened. It's been over 12 years now and looks the same as the day I bought it. Hopefully, the same will eventually be said about this P1 Endoskeleton. :)

This hobby of ours is definitely a privilege. Just have to enjoy it and not take it for granted. :)

i wonder if this ^ ends some day, and people will start posting attempts to replicate the forearm cables. :monkey3
i want to see how it turns out!

That recent photo on SF... I can make my endo looking like that by taking it a certain angle.

Please, Dundee, go ahead and do it. I'm not being confrontational here, I'm genuinely interested.

I never had any interest in the piece as other than occasional photographic eyecandy because it's too big and expensive for me, and I haven't been following closely its threads so I wasn't aware of the head being that adjustable -why would anyone put it so wrong anyway? So I'm not "hating" on it. Why would I? That's also one of those "juvenile comments" that were mentioned above.

The thing is, I've seen a few pics of this endo being less than stellar and I did read a few comments about Prime 1 not responding to that, so it'd really be great if you could bring some peace of mind to those that might still be interested in purchasing one and to the rest of us who might purchase another Prime 1 piece and simply want to be reassured that this wasn't just them brushing it off.

Please, Dundee, go ahead and do it. I'm not being confrontational here, I'm genuinely interested.

I never had any interest in the piece as other than occasional photographic eyecandy because it's too big and expensive for me, and I haven't been following closely its threads so I wasn't aware of the head being that adjustable -why would anyone put it so wrong anyway? So I'm not "hating" on it. Why would I? That's also one of those "juvenile comments" that were mentioned above.

The thing is, I've seen a few pics of this endo being less than stellar and I did read a few comments about Prime 1 not responding to that, so it'd really be great if you could bring some peace of mind to those that might still be interested in purchasing one and to the rest of us who might purchase another Prime 1 piece and simply want to be reassured that this wasn't just them brushing it off.

I wouldn't say the head is placed 'wrong', its subjective on how collectors want it to look, some like it straight, others left or right, or facing down.

Sure mate, and I know your not being confrontational, your just trying to figure out why this is the case.

I've previously posted this pic, but the link has long expired. Here it is again:

https://postimg.cc/SnhD0QSH
In this image notice how far the head protrudes past the base? If I articulate it facing down it'll stick out further. This has confused many collectors to think the statue is less than stellar and will topple over. But our eyes have been somewhat tricked by the angle, focal points and lens. The head reaches up to the end of the base but does not exceed it. If you look at David photo (page 114) or asoundwaves endo pics (page 95 and page 100) you would also notice the head is just within the end of the base.

https://postimg.cc/Tp0SRkF0
This is facing front, I've taken it perfectly straight with the camera facing forward, no upwards or downward tilt, as shown by the corner of the wall. You can see a slight tilt at the pelvis level. It doesn't look like it's going to fall forward and was designed to look like it's charging forward.

This statue has what I call a 'dynamic' pose, similar to the cinemaquette 1/3. HCG 1/2 scale I would call 'static' pose. Imo dynamic pose type statues, two photos generally don't look alike, static statues photos don't vary as much. Neither is better than the other as its subjective to the viewer. Adding an articulated head and swivel arms gives collectors further options in changing the statue dynamics, if one were to get bored with one pose, which further exaggerates this effect. Ironically this makes comparisons by photos difficult and resulted in collectors assuming huge variations, which is understandable as we are somewhat tricked by our eyes, whereas in actual fact the statues don't vary much at all and any differences quite minute. This is why many who have received the piece recommend seeing it in person as this distortion effect is negated. I hope this clears up some of the confusion but ultimately David is right, collectors just have to go with their gut and there is always an element of risk in this hobby which we collectors understand very much otherwise would have abandoned this hobby altogether ;-)

i wonder if this ^ ends some day, and people will start posting attempts to replicate the forearm cables. :monkey3
i want to see how it turns out!

Don't worry, the kables will Be Back ;-)

Though I'll be giving this a miss, I don't have the skill level to pull it off, I think David will nail it sooner or later. His washed endo teeth look very good and much closer to the prototype.

Don't worry, the kables will Be Back ;-)

Though I'll be giving this a miss, I don't have the skill level to pull it off, I think David will nail it sooner or later. His washed endo teeth look very good and much closer to the prototype.

I ended buying some hoses/tubes from an online hobby shop earlier this week. As soon as they arrive, I'll be able to work on the forearm cables and have them look accurate...hopefully.

I ended buying some hoses/tubes from an online hobby shop earlier this week. As soon as they arrive, I'll be able to work on the forearm cables and have them look accurate...hopefully.

Fantastic mate! If the cables match, you'd have virtually a flawless replica, can't nit pick on the teeth or missing cables.

Your T-850 Arnie was such a good buy, it's a sweet piece, the more I see pics the more it grows on me, the attention to detail for a piece over a decade ago... quite incredible.

These arm cables could take a while to really get right. At first I thought it'd be a quick & easy thing, but after really studying the T1 Endo arm, the cables are definitely harder to replicate than a T2 Endo. Even the flow and direction of the cables are trickier.

That T-850 was another one where you had to have a little "luck" to have one that looks good. The hair on that varies from statue to statue....some too long, some a little too short, messy, etc. I also did a black wash on the jacket zipper to make it look a little bit darker and more natural. The original zipper color was way too bright and shiny.

These arm cables could take a while to really get right. At first I thought it'd be a quick & easy thing, but after really studying the T1 Endo arm, the cables are definitely harder to replicate than a T2 Endo. Even the flow and direction of the cables are trickier.

That T-850 was another one where you had to have a little "luck" to have one that looks good. The hair on that varies from statue to statue....some too long, some a little too short, messy, etc. I also did a black wash on the jacket zipper to make it look a little bit darker and more natural. The original zipper color was way too bright and shiny.

Ah ok so that's why some pieces on google look incredible, and others looked different, thought they were maybe recastings. If I got one with longer hair, I'd be shaking trying to give him a trim lol.
How many of these 850 Arnies were made? They seem almost non existent even with searches for past sales.

Ah ok so that's why some pieces on google look incredible, and others looked different, thought they were maybe recastings. If I got one with longer hair, I'd be shaking trying to give him a trim lol.
How many of these 850 Arnies were made? They seem almost non existent even with searches for past sales.

I believe there was supposed to be like 500 made, but I doubt it even got close to there. One thing I will say is that it looks way better with the sunglasses on than without. The eyes look a bit off. Don't get me wrong...still a great statue, but the eyes & face on the prototype by Cinemaquette looked way better than the actual production piece. If people thought the P1 Endo prototype was misleading versus the production piece, this one was worse. :lol

I believe there was supposed to be like 500 made, but I doubt it even got close to there. One thing I will say is that it looks way better with the sunglasses on than without. The eyes look a bit off. Don't get me wrong...still a great statue, but the eyes & face on the prototype by Cinemaquette looked way better than the actual production piece. If people thought the P1 Endo prototype was misleading versus the production piece, this one was worse. :lol

LOL I can't stop imagining a cross eyed Arnie statue when you said the eyes looked a bit off, that would actually be quite hilarious haha.
Whats wrong with your eyes? Umm...nothing (quickly puts sunnie's back on :)

Dundee, I see you are very passionate about this piece! Glad to see it.

I have to say, I did have my concerns about this piece, after seeing pictures, but have to say, seeing it in person, is a game changer!

I think it is one of my favourite pieces! I love its presences! Always wanted an Endo from first movie like this. Its is just fantastic.

Leaning wise? It is top heavy, and it’s a great pose, I don’t see an issue. I’m hoping they did all their test on this and not just made something that could eventually fall. Some parts are light, and very fragile, extreme care should be taken when assembling.

I’m so happy I got it.

My only problem is to move it around without taking of the base or taking it apart? DSC_2466~2.JPG

FDS building a half scale eno army. Awesome! :clap It looks like the old HCG holds up great next to this. The headsculpts are so different.

FDS building a half scale eno army. Awesome! :clap It looks like the old HCG holds up great next to this. The headsculpts are so different.

Yeah thanks. Yeah the headsculpts are diffierent, at first I did think the prime 1 endo looked a bit long faced at one point.

Nice pic! Great to see the P1 standing beside the HCG. Looks like the P1 has a size advantage.

I would not recommend relocating it with the Endo on the base. Seems like you'd be inviting trouble. I would take the time to break him down in large sections and move him.

Back