Statue Prime 1 Terminator Endoskeleton statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow FDS! Looks like we have located the central core to Skynets base ;-)
Great photo, both look very nice together! Glad you like it and it must be so good to be able to enjoy both T1 and T2 awesomeness :)

Definitely do not move it around without disassembling it. The pegs are anchored deep and the statue being quite heavy, there would be significant risks that the pegs could bend and even worse, snap off from the base.

Dundee, I see you are very passionate about this piece! Glad to see it.

I have to say, I did have my concerns about this piece, after seeing pictures, but have to say, seeing it in person, is a game changer!

I think it is one of my favourite pieces! I love its presences! Always wanted an Endo from first movie like this. Its is just fantastic.

Leaning wise? It is top heavy, and it?s a great pose, I don?t see an issue. I?m hoping they did all their test on this and not just made something that could eventually fall. Some parts are light, and very fragile, extreme care should be taken when assembling.

I?m so happy I got it.

My only problem is to move it around without taking of the base or taking it apart?View attachment 501713

The face on the one behind it looks miles better.

The face on the one behind it looks miles better.

The T2 and T1 Endo portraits are different. Even if you compare the real movie prop, the T2 Endo face looks more refined and polished. I think the HCG Endo is a good statue, especially for its time, but the details on the body are clearly lacking compared to the P1. Pics of T1 vs T2 Endoskeleton (real movie puppet).

T1 Endo face.jpg

T2 endo face.jpg

The movie puppet had solid red eyes, including recent genisys puppets. Makes me wonder why some of the eyes on busts or figures have grided red eyes. Is this intentional or something to do with cost?
Some prefer grid, I prefer solid red as its more striking and accurate. But why the differences? Clearly the movie props had solid red.

Wow FDS! Looks like we have located the central core to Skynets base ;-)
Great photo, both look very nice together! Glad you like it and it must be so good to be able to enjoy both T1 and T2 awesomeness :)

Definitely do not move it around without disassembling it. The pegs are anchored deep and the statue being quite heavy, there would be significant risks that the pegs could bend and even worse, snap off from the base.

LOL, yeah thanks. Yeah will be a pain moving it, but oh well!

Update on the cable mod update guys. Got the parts I needed yesterday afternoon. Been working on it all day today. I'm pretty satisfied with the looks of the cable now. I had to use two separate materials for it. Combined the 2 pieces to replicate the look it has in the movie. The only thing that is very difficult to do is to get the cables flow exactly like how it looks on the real T1 endo arm. Still trying to adjust it.

Cable 2.jpg

Update on the cable mod update guys. Got the parts I needed yesterday afternoon. Been working on it all day today. I'm pretty satisfied with the looks of the cable now. I had to use two separate materials for it. Combined the 2 pieces to replicate the look it has in the movie. The only thing that is very difficult to do is to get the cables flow exactly like how it looks on the real T1 endo arm. Still trying to adjust it.

View attachment 501741

Wow! Looking lit so far David! Organic just like the movie and much more seamless compared to my attempt lol.

We all know it's hyperalloy ;-) but where did find these from?

Correction, I see there the stuff that Mr P recommended! Noticed the cable being skinned towards the front. Nice work can't wait to see when completed!

Thanks! It's pretty much almost done now, with the exception of a bit more adjustments, in terms of the flow of the cables. Gotta give credit to P! His idea was definitely helpful and was the right way to do this. I used a thinner metal wire with a slightly thicker metal "tube" to get that "hydraulic" effect.

Closeup.jpg
Upgraded.jpg

Massaging the cables into the correct alignment looks tricky but your doing a good job atm.

The movie puppet had solid red eyes, including recent genisys puppets. Makes me wonder why some of the eyes on busts or figures have grided red eyes. Is this intentional or something to do with cost?
Some prefer grid, I prefer solid red as its more striking and accurate. But why the differences? Clearly the movie props had solid red.

eyes had the grid in T2 and T3. everybody is making T2 skeletons. thus the grid.

giphy.gif

article-2063353-0EDB6C4A00000578-222_468x403.jpg

Ah I see. I never noticed how pronounced T3s grid was until your screenshot. Thanks for your precise input Mr P!

The red pupil dilating in the endos eye is so cool.

Ah I see. I never noticed how pronounced T3s grid was until your screenshot. Thanks for your precise input Mr P!
glad to share :)
Some minor adjustments to the flow if the cables...
i think it's important to note that they seem to be not cables but strings. remember how he moves one of them in an arm surgery scene and makes one finger move. that's because they are actually (well, fictionally) going through the palm plate to the fingers and seem to be functioning as strings.
so the more strained you can make them, the better it will look. i mean they shouldn't flow freely and shouldn't be curved in waves.

this is a T2 model but still shows what i mean:

wNQwkWB.jpg
dNZAyyO.jpg

glad to share :)
i think it's important to note that they seem to be not cables but strings. remember how he moves one of them in an arm surgery scene and makes one finger move. that's because they are actually (well, fictionally) going through the palm plate to the fingers and seem to be functioning as strings.
so the more strained you can make them, the better it will look. i mean they shouldn't flow freely and shouldn't be curved in waves.

this is a T2 model but still shows what i mean:

wNQwkWB.jpg
dNZAyyO.jpg

Good point P. I'll try to straighten the cables out as much as I can. Might get a bit challenging, since the metal wires are a bit hard to get that totally "straight" look.

Have you tried individual bicycle spokes David22Lee? They might work, you would probably need access to a bike repair shop. They usually have loads of them hanging around.

those could definitely work! if they are not too thick and can be bent in the middle to make that "spread from the middle" effect. and David22Lee even already has some spring tubes to put on the spokes for the "thicker half", i saw it on photos above.
actually i wouldn't even bend them, just put them into one point in the elbow, to the base of cylinders (there's not much space there between cylinders anyway) and into 4 separated points in the palm. let them spread from the start.

Have you tried individual bicycle spokes David22Lee? They might work, you would probably need access to a bike repair shop. They usually have loads of them hanging around.

That's an interesting suggestion. Never thought of that. It could work as long as the thickness is right.

those could definitely work! if they are not too thick and can be bent in the middle to make that "spread from the middle" effect. and David22Lee even already has some spring tubes to put on the spokes for the "thicker half", i saw it on photos above.
actually i wouldn't even bend them, just put them into one point in the elbow, to the base of cylinders (there's not much space there between cylinders anyway) and into 4 separated points in the palm. let them spread from the start.

Yes, the thing I learned is that what ever wire is used, the wire has to be pretty stiff. The wires I'm currently using bend a bit too easily, and once bent it's hard to get them looking perfectly straight again.

Piano wire might also be a good idea.

That's another good suggestion. :)

Another alternative could be stainless steel welding wire for GTAW. These should be available in every welding supplier in different diameters. Even though it might not be as stiff as bicycle spokes, these are much stronger than normal wire.

Back