Statue Prime 1 Terminator Endoskeleton statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should the wires be a little more straight?
not simply straight. they should go like this:

FTTtneB.png

not exactly like that but you get the idea.

blue parts are among the hydraulics cylinders, held together with whatever you find. green parts going their separate ways from a common point.

and yes they should be a bit thicker. but i think once you straighten them, it won't matter because the movie effect will be already there. check the movie reference posted a while ago:

attachment.php

Screenshot of the hand & part of the forearm from the movie.

here is another one, with more of their length going deeper to the elbow side:

3pvITZe.png

note how they are thicker at the base and thinner when they start going their separate ways. there is a distinct thickness division. that's because there is something like this in that zone:

4Veepkb.png

FTTtneB.png

blue parts are among the hydraulics cylinders, held together with whatever you find. green parts going their separate ways from a common point.

and yes they should be a bit thicker. but i think once you straighten them, it won't matter because the movie effect will be already there. check the movie reference posted a while ago:

3pvITZe.png

note how they are thicker at the base and thinner when they start going their separate ways. there is a distinct thickness division. that's because there is something like this in that zone:

4Veepkb.png

The thickness division is the part that will be tricky to replicate.

FTTtneB.png

3pvITZe.png

4Veepkb.png

Thanks for the images and info Mr P!

Yeah that is the part I couldn't quite get right, when I played around with the paper clip, that the wires segment outwards in the wrist area and is held by cylindrical type hardware towards the elbow. Not easy to get the clips fused together at the elbow and also lining them up with the little holes in the wrist.

The endoskeleton is back from Prime 1.
I was finally able to assemble the endoskeleton !!
I put the end in the case.
I'm so excited.:yess:
I installed the wire as a precaution to prevent the endoskeleton from tipping over.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIyJbXdHi00/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Very scary that it is staring anyone that comes into the room! Such a cool collection and setup! The endo is definitely a centre piece, such an awesome statue and happy that you finally got yours Tani :)

Yeah that is the part I couldn't quite get right, when I played around with the paper clip, that the wires segment outwards in the wrist area and is held by cylindrical type hardware towards the elbow.
The thickness division is the part that will be tricky to replicate.
what about just using a thick single core aluminium wire with plastic insulation, cutting off part of the insulation and repainting them? they will keep the shape plus will have those two zones needed.

like this:

single-core-aluminum-electric-wire-500x500.JPG

an accurate cut of insulation layer might be a trick, but the cuts can be melted with something hot and painted dark grey to give a factory cut effect.

also straightening a thick metal wire will be a trick, too. they like to stay wavy.

what about just using a thick single core aluminium wire with plastic insulation, cutting off part of the insulation and repainting them? they will keep the shape plus will have those two zones needed.

like this:

an accurate cut of insulation layer might be a trick, but the cuts can be melted with something hot and painted dark grey to give a factory cut effect.

also straightening a thick metal wire will be a trick, too. they like to stay wavy.

That's actually a very good idea. I might give that a try!

like this:

Good idea, I may look into this sometime down the track!

Need to reech da faktori 4 sum Cyberdyne Kables ;-)
https://postimg.cc/hXfSn5rR

There's so much unwarranted endo bashing and biased opinions on the other statue forum thread. I've just registered and waiting on permission to post. Objective criticism backed up with facts is fine but criticism (like the head is looking down) when we all now know that it can be articulated in all directions is pretty low.

Also quite arrogant and salty to suggest collectors needing to convince themselves in liking the statue because it's an endo. Just about every collector who has purchased this has been satisfied with their endo and quite knowledgeable re intricate endo details. Seems like most of the haters are the ones who backed out of their purchase, unable to convince others to do so, and now bitter that collectors are enjoying this good piece so spreading hate to convince themselves they have made the right decision. Smells of doubt whether or not they have made the 'right call' to pull out.

There's so much unwarranted endo bashing and biased opinions on the other statue forum thread. I've just registered and waiting on permission to post. Objective criticism backed up with facts is fine but criticism (like the head is looking down) when we all now know that it can be articulated in all directions is pretty low.

Also quite arrogant and salty to suggest collectors needing to convince themselves in liking the statue because it's an endo. Just about every collector who has purchased this has been satisfied with their endo and quite knowledgeable re intricate endo details. Seems like most of the haters are the ones who backed out of their purchase, unable to convince others to do so, and now bitter that collectors are enjoying this good piece so spreading hate to convince themselves they have made the right decision. Smells of doubt whether or not they have made the 'right call' to pull out.

There's a lot of hate for this statue, especially on that forum. Criticism is one thing, but now we're hearing things like we're convincing ourselves to like the statue we purchased, it becomes a bit insulting. Another member was even mocking the fact that he was banned from the Prime 1 Collector group, cause of a negative comment he made. Again criticism is one thing and I'm all for it, but that was straight bashing. The collector on that particular group was just happy to share pics with the piece he got, but somehow it turned into a bunch of people making fun of it and him for being happy with it. :slap

Most of the haters of the statue are ones that don't actually own the statue. There is a reason why the collectors who have received it are posting pics and "liking" it, because it looks great in person. If they thought the statue sucked that badly, they probably wouldn't be posting their pics and saying good things about it. Like I've posted on the other forum, when you have the statue in hand (assuming non-damaged/defective) you will be pleased with it. :)

In the end of the day, not everyone needs to love this statue, but at least there should be some sort of respect to those who actually do.

There's a lot of hate for this statue, especially on that forum. Criticism is one thing, but now we're hearing things like we're convincing ourselves to like the statue we purchased, it becomes a bit insulting. Another member was even mocking the fact that he was banned from the Prime 1 Collector group, cause of a negative comment he made. Again criticism is one thing and I'm all for it, but that was straight bashing. The collector on that particular group was just happy to share pics with the piece he got, but somehow it turned into a bunch of people making fun of it and him for being happy with it. :slap

Most of the haters of the statue are ones that don't actually own the statue. There is a reason why the collectors who have received it are posting pics and "liking" it, because it looks great in person. If they thought the statue sucked that badly, they probably wouldn't be posting their pics and saying good things about it. Like I've posted on the other forum, when you have the statue in hand (assuming non-damaged/defective) you will be pleased with it. :)

In the end of the day, not everyone needs to love this statue, but at least there should be some sort of respect to those who actually do.

Agree just about all the haters don't even have the statue so have never seen it in person, that says something. The collectors on that forum who have received their endo and provided their comments have been quite happy with the results, were all ignored entirely, the cognitive dissonance and selective hearing of the haters.

For those who don't dig it, that's fine, everyone has a particular taste and their own opinion which I respect. But to skew, mislead and make unsubstantiated judgements? That's just poor form especially for the ones who know specificities like the head can be articulated but choose to omit this fact and focus on the false stuff.

Why bash arbitrary photos when there are detailed online youtube video reviews which comprehensively go through the pros and cons of the statue and where you can see the statue in it's entirety?

Re defective statues there's only been two I know of, Silentsurfers (which we do not completely know the degree of 'defect' as height was never mentioned, nor whether the pegs sit flush, no photo was taken to show how the pegs and feet sit) and the one who supposedly cracked his toes which I haven't seen any pics on. Two out of how many statues have been made? 250 maybe 300 so far.

Some say 2k is too pricey for what you get, let's get real for a sec the hcg endo was 2k back in 2008, factoring inflation and rising cost, that's at least equivalent of 3k.

Comments acknowledging what could be done better i.e P1 communication re some change in stance, some parts needed to be massaged in otherwise don't sit well, accuracy and asthetics of sculpt, paint finish, weathering details, weight, quality feel of parts, amount of magnetic parts or too strong/weak magnets etc that's the stuff I want to know as a collector. Not utter crap that people spill for there own agendas or personal satisfaction, like the head is looking down so it doesn't look good, without questioning why other pics from a few pages back it is looking straight or repeatedly finding 'reasons' that they made the right call to cancel, reeks of insecurity.

What are you guys on about? It is basically 3 or 4 of you on here having one big circle jerk about how great this is and the ones I've seen on SF are voicing perfectly valid concerns especially with that last batch of pics which had to be up there as one of the worst leans on this statue yet.

I get it guys I do. You paid good money for this and it's hard to admit it may have issues. I really do hope that in 2 or 3 years time you can come back to this thread and say "told you so" but I honestly believe there will be some heart break in the future regarding this.

Gravity + time will not be kind ( I hope I'm wrong ).

I think the issue here isn't about criticizing this statue or Prime 1's handling of the situation, which we all have done here (even the ones that like the thing). It's more about taking shots at people who actually are happy with the statue. Two different things. I would never defend this statue, if I felt like it was going to topple over at some point.

What are you guys on about? It is basically 3 or 4 of you on here having one big circle jerk about how great this is and the ones I've seen on SF are voicing perfectly valid concerns especially with that last batch of pics which had to be up there as one of the worst leans on this statue yet.

I get it guys I do. You paid good money for this and it's hard to admit it may have issues. I really do hope that in 2 or 3 years time you can come back to this thread and say "told you so" but I honestly believe there will be some heart break in the future regarding this.

Gravity + time will not be kind ( I hope I'm wrong ).

If it breaks in 2-3 years so be it. It is the best 1/2 scale endo out there, and respectfully anyone disputing that needs to go back to THEIR big circle jerk. I also find it insulting and patronizing to claim I have to convince myself to like the endo. Like you have the slightest clue what I really think. I think it is the best piece I own and I didn?t sit there in a tsunami of cognitive dissonance to persuade myself of that. If I didn?t want it I would have sent it back.

I am enjoying it sufficiently that if it breaks in 2 - 3 years I?ll move on and buy the next big thing. And if it does not break I won?t say ?I told you so?. I?ll sit there and admire my statue instead and feel sorry for the poor blokes who didn?t buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys Im back been very busy..reading haters posts about the endo it seems there is a massive ignorant mindset going on with bashing this statue. I say an "ignorant mindset" because they obviously DONT own the statue. By faaaarr this is THE best endo statue at this point in time..period.Are these statues art?..yes!..is art subjective? yes!..so I get if someone state their opinion constructively about how it looks and move on. What I dont like is when said haters pick on people who actually own the statue and are petty with insults on how it looks and why someone is stupid to own it. Its not their money we are spending so why should they care if it leans in 2-3 years which I dont think will happen. Or picking out other "flaws" because they are grasping at straws. I have this endo and I absolutely love it and is one of my center pieces in my collection. It looks menacing, its detailed, its as accurate to the movie as possible and it has a presence in my statue room. Yes there are some issues with some of them but definitely not all. So its ironic that these people are telling us the collectors that have this piece that we are trying to convince ourselves to like it..but it seems they are trying to convince themselves that the statue is as garbage as they said because they really wanted it...again ignorant and juvenile mindset indeed.

Yup...these are good points. Just about all the negative comments are from people that don't actually own the statue. Like I've said earlier, there is a big difference between criticism versus straight bashing. Defects are a common issue with a lot of P1 stuff across the board....not just this one. I own a few P1 statues. Two of them have small defects and it's not the Endoskeleton.

My .02 cents...

Let me start by saying that what I am about to describe isn't something I see going on in this particular thread, but on other forums, FB, Insta and YouTube...

A good part of the bashing for this statue, and many pieces come from what I call 'empty wallet critics'. People who never had the wherewithal to buy the piece in the first place, and look for a reason to bash the piece itself or those that are able to buy it. If you look at the personal collections of those who are most vocal and critical, you will see what I mean. Now, not all negative comments are from these types, but the bulk are. And it's easy to burn something down when you never intended to, or could, get it in the first place. I'm not saying that all of their comments are unjust, I'm just saying I take those comments with a grain of salt.
That aside, there are those who legit are disappointed in a piece. Something that they had wanted to get or were excited about, but were disappointed at the final result whether it be how the company handled things, or how the final piece looked and had to cancel their purchase. And even though I disagree with those people on this piece, I feel for them because I have been there before too.

In the end, I believe that having this piece in-hand is a different experience than seeing pictures or video, as most if not all owners will say. Now, is some of that just a desire for personal justification in retaining the piece? Possibly, yes. In my case, no. I could have sent the piece back to Sideshow and got my money back, but I didn't. Why? Because personally I love it, and the whole world could hate it and it would have no bearing on it remaining in my collection or not. The stuff in my collection is there because I love those pieces, not because others do.

Some people are abrasive indeed, but then you can also see comments like this:

Its not their money we are spending so why should they care if it leans in 2-3 years which I dont think will happen.

It's not about you, it's about a possibly defective big-ticket piece risking a debacle because of poor engineering. That is worrisome for everyone if these things are not addressed by the company.

Congratulations to the happy owners, though. There are good ones out there.

Endos, I mean. :p

Last edited:
Back