Statue Prime 1 Terminator Endoskeleton statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Besides Tani who else is getting this killer beast? Or the bust which I think has started shipping. We've yet to see a high edition number.

The endo looks like his about to lose it and wants to be placed on the pedestal right now! :)

He he. I am looking forward to his more menacing presence when elevated. This is arguably an interim use case for a rather battered old Lack. (IKEA won?t deliver a new one to my home for a 7EUR spend and I can?t pick one up - thanks COVID!!!)

Pics tomorrow when I have time to get him up there. The more I look at this piece the more pleasure it gives me - which is not always the case with collectibles....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He he. I am looking forward to his more menacing presence when elevated. This is arguably an interim use case for a rather battered old Lack. (IKEA won?t deliver a new one to my home for a 7EUR spend and I can?t pick one up - thanks COVID!!!)

Pics tomorrow when I have time to get him up there. The more I look at this piece the more pleasure it gives me - which is not always the case with collectibles....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I perfectly understand as I can't stop marvelling at mine, my wife starting to get jealous :)
The moving head, dynamic pose, swivel arms, details, so much to appreciate in one statue.

And you are right, some statues are downright garbage, you hate it more daily and others you can't seem to get enough of it, like this endo. 1/4 scale recent endo range has been atrocious, even worse than the previous generation of sideshow and hot toys. I am glad the 1/2 scale and genisys life size turned out very well, it may make other companies take note and try match or better these products in the future!

Very nice! Glad our Endos are standing on the same "display" unit. :lol

Great idea, thanks for this!

It'll be fine as 95% in is just about all of it, it'll hold well and also the joint is very thick, square shape so would have locked in once inside the joint.

There should be a hole in each shoulder for the hose pegs to fit in, it may not be a perfect fit, but still enough to hold most of the protruding peg. If there's no hole in the right shoulder, then they must have forgotten to drill one, the hole in the left shoulder is are practically identical to the one on the right.

Hmmm, but the hose end for the right side has a longer, thinner protrusion that the left side hose does not have. There's no hole for that protrusion, I mean.

Great idea, thanks for this!

Hmmm, but the hose end for the right side has a longer, thinner protrusion that the left side hose does not have. There's no hole for that protrusion, I mean.

This is the right shoulder
https://postimg.cc/MfSdW653

This is the left shoulder
https://postimg.cc/mP5jPNVH

Both don't sit fully flush but deep enough for it to hold with no issues of falling out. If yours keep falling out or doesn't sit in, the holes may not match up to the pegs but I think you could still massage it in, it just takes a little time and patience to get the cables looking good and pegs fitting in. I took a good 10 minutes adjusting the cables to what I like.

Hey guys....been busy working on the arm cable mod. This is more of a test than anything else. I've put in 4 wires per arm. Looks "ok" but I might upgrade it to make it look better in the near future. Technically the bottom portion of the wire/cable should be thicker.

Endo Arm 2.jpg
Endo Arm 1.jpg

Hey guys....been busy working on the arm cable mod. This is more of a test than anything else. I've put in 4 wires per arm. Looks "ok" but I might upgrade it to make it look better in the near future. Technically the bottom portion of the wire/cable should be thicker.

View attachment 501025
View attachment 501026

It enhances accuracy, but I can see the catch 22, looks better if a little more thick, just not too thick or ends up being more T2 like which doesn't look as organic. Should the wires be a little more straight? Is it metal that your using? Did you notice the magnets holding it up at elbow?

It enhances accuracy, but I can see the catch 22, looks better if a little more thick, just not too thick or ends up being more T2 like which doesn't look as organic. Should the wires be a little more straight? Is it metal that your using? Did you notice the magnets holding it up at elbow?

That's what I'm on the fence about....a slightly thicker cable would look better, but just can't be too much thicker. And yes, the cables do have to be straightened out more to look more movie accurate. I'm still going to play around with it a bit. These metal wire did kind of magnetize to the little holes in the elbow area.

That's what I'm on the fence about....a slightly thicker cable would look better, but just can't be too much thicker. And yes, the cables do have to be straightened out more to look more movie accurate. I'm still going to play around with it a bit. These metal wire did kind of magnetize to the little holes in the elbow area.

I think if it were straight, might be good enough for the time being as it still blends in and gives the arms a bit more definition.

I used paper clips but then realised for proper accuracy, the 4 wires need to be held close together, maybe by a single cylinder near the elbow, or just bundled up (as they will be hidden underneath the elbow sheath), then scattered apart as they move towards the wrist. This may be done by strings or wires but paper clips are too rigid to pull this off. Still not an easy task if done this way as opposed to just placing them in the little holes. It's not as simple as it looks if one wants accuracy and asthetics lol

Even without the wires, imo I still think the endo is 96% accurate, minus 2% for the teeth (size and colour) and 2% for the cables (1% each arm). If cables done decent then it gets 98%.

That's pretty impressive as all other pieces (excluding cinemaquette and genisys life size) I would not rate even 90%

Genisys life size I would give 98% to 99% as the grided red eyes are not quite screen accurate (I prefer the original red hue) and the teeth (lol always the teeth!), seems a tad yellow. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of the movie and redesign :-(
But it is currently the most accurate screen representation of an endo.

I think the best way to get the colour and texture right for endo teeth is to go silver or chrome like colour with some minor dirt weathering, that should give it a real look and complement the metallic skull. P1 prototype I think may have achieved this (although lighting may have played a role so we will never know for sure).

I agree. With or without the arm cables, the Endo is still very accurate overall. Better teeth would've helped too, but I guess we just can't have it all. :lol The main issue with the teeth on this Endo is the shape of them. The teeth on the prototype looks like actual individual tooth put together one by one. On the production piece, it almost looks like the teeth were sculpted from one big piece....which makes the shape of the teeth look too uniform.

Agree and if they did sculpture them individually I think it might appear better in size and would undeniably give it the illusion of real endo chrome like teeth. It's still decent enough and better than hcg, cinemaquettes, 1/4 endo versions and maybe even lifesize V1 teeth depending on luck (some look good, some are a disaster), but not quite as good as V2 lifesize teeth, imo the V2 has the best teeth of the lot, still not perfect but a good grade and doesn't look out of place.

It would be interesting to see what they did with the head bust, whether they stuck with the proto teeth or went the cheap option. Anyone seen photos of the production piece for the head bust?

Agree and if they did sculpture them individually I think it might appear better in size and would undeniably give it the illusion of real endo chrome like teeth. It's still decent enough and better than hcg, cinemaquettes, 1/4 endo versions and maybe even lifesize V1 teeth depending on luck (some look good, some are a disaster), but not quite as good as V2 lifesize teeth, imo the V2 has the best teeth of the lot, still not perfect but a good grade and doesn't look out of place.

It would be interesting to see what they did with the head bust, whether they stuck with the proto teeth or went the cheap option. Anyone seen photos of the production piece for the head bust?

Unfortunately, the P1 Endo bust has the exact same teeth as the half scale statue. :( Someone on the Prime 1 Collectors facebook page posted a pic of theirs. It's literally the exact same head as the statue version. I was curious to see if the bust would look a bit different, but it's exactly the same.

Unfortunately, the P1 Endo bust has the exact same teeth as the half scale statue. :( Someone on the Prime 1 Collectors facebook page posted a pic of theirs. It's literally the exact same head as the statue version. I was curious to see if the bust would look a bit different, but it's exactly the same.

Darn that sux. Hopefully the collectors of the bust are still happy as every other detail is just about perfect and beautifully sculptured, but for $349... it ain't cheap for a bust without much torso.

Nice work! Colour tone looks better, not as yellow and more silver grey

Thanks! I'm glad it turned out well. With the black wash, the yellowish tone is gone and the separation between each tooth stands out more.

I'm getting new, slightly thicker wires for the arm mod. Still working on that one. Once I get that right, I'm done with the modding on this. :wink1:

Thanks! I'm glad it turned out well. With the black wash, the yellowish tone is gone and the separation between each tooth stands out more.

I'm getting new, slightly thicker wires for the arm mod. Still working on that one. Once I get that right, I'm done with the modding on this. :wink1:

The black ink between the gaps definitely makes it stand out more.

Awesome! With the washed teeth and arm cables yours will be 99% accurate :)

Back