Statue Prime 1 Terminator Endoskeleton statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The endoskeleton went downhill when Genisys was released ( I believe the Dark Fate endo is pretty much the same as the Genisys one). I'm not as bothered with the other changes to the Endo, but the face and big teeth just threw everything off and made the endo a lot less menacing. Became more like some video game robot.

Lol I thought the endos in terminator resistance looked alright ;-)

Agree, down hill started with dark fate. Salvations endo looked pretty awesome and did the original endo some decent justice.

Dark fates original endo didn't even look right, like a hybrid and sounded like a toy dog!

Lol I thought the endos in terminator resistance looked alright ;-)

Agree, down hill started with dark fate. Salvations endo looked pretty awesome and did the original endo some decent justice.

Dark fates original endo didn't even look right, like a hybrid and sounded like a toy dog!

I heard the Dark Fate production team didn?t want to pay for the license for the T2 or T1 Endo, so they used the Genisys one.

There is really something about endoskeletons that is so hard to get right. And like we've mentioned, there have been plenty out there. Let's hope Queens Studio does end up making a good T2 Endo. I'd definitely be very interested.

Part of me thinks this is why Cameron, a genius director and Stan Winston the designer, were able to cleverly use lighting to bring to life, transforming a dummy like endo into a relentless real killing machine when cgi wasn't still mainstream. They created the endo and along with it captured the presence so well in films. Salvation endo was the last movie with Winston's input before he passed away.

Perhaps us collectors have got those respective endos with their perfectly lit stages burned in our mind forever and that is why the endos in normal lighting don't look and feel the same. Though P1 does capture the endos dread, horror and terror elements closer to other statues so far. I think Queen Studios have more than enough talent and template to take this to the next level.

So far endos with problems 003, 005, 019, 047...

The other faulty endos on facebook, has anyone noted what batch numbers those were?

Does anyone else have a slash like this? Is it battle damage? It seems like glue residue but it?s not really coming off
319ff2a525486449040327d44f31de51.jpg

Hey mate, mine one doesn't have that. It looks to be some glue or resin sitting a top. Not sure if you can remove that, gotta be careful not to rip the paint.

The endoskeleton went downhill when Genisys was released ( I believe the Dark Fate endo is pretty much the same as the Genisys one). I'm not as bothered with the other changes to the Endo, but the face and big teeth just threw everything off and made the endo a lot less menacing. Became more like some video game robot.
but those "other changes" absolutely changed the way the skeleton worked!

Cameron's terminator moved through hydraulic cylinders only (and some wires), the "spine" from waist to neck was only a base for the head and torso not to go apart, the "bones" in its limbs were also just the base for hydraulics, so it was made like a human: muscles retract, ligaments pull, skeleton puts it all together.

gynysys redesign got dosens of little movers all over the spine, and the cylinders became obsolete and just there for the shape. skeleton bends by itself. and only because it's designer didn't understand how original skeleton worked (in movie universe of course) and thought it was an obsolete design.

in the end it was so stupidly overloaded with micro details for zero reason. like when a shoulder joint round now has several sections. ironmeh fashion. gynysys redesign with all those unnesessary details "just for to overload it" remind me of Homer Simpson dream car, and i guess the designer's motivation was absolutely the same.

201-2018963_yesterday-a-new-the-simpsons-homer-car.png

KoBE - I had a couple of places like that, but mine were on the back, and rubbed off. It seemed like masking tape residue or something. I was very careful getting it off.

272ea3cf4d1e1ab4641faa3726fc4fcd.jpg

679010c408566096924c0477584bddb1.jpg

My observations;

- This thing is huge. Not sure where I?ll put it.
- The teeth look fine to me.
- Several bits of craftsmanship are lacking.
? The outer rim of the keyhole on the left leg had about a 1/4 bit snap off in two pieces. Even before that it wouldn?t sit 100% flush and I?m not sure why. I was able to glue it back on. So far, that particular area doesn?t seem load bearing as there is a keyhole pin carrying the weight.
? The hose going to the right outer shoulder has a pin that doesn?t have a corresponding inner hole drilled inside the connection point, making it a challenge to keep that hose in place.
- I like that the eyes lose their glow slowly when the power is turned off. Same feature on my 1:1 Endo
- I like the articulation of the head and swivel features of the arms
- Not worth the money (nowhere near as finely made as my P1S Dog Alien) but I?m glad to have this T1 Endo in my collection.

Do P1 normally assemble there statues before sending them out? It's hard to believe any statue company would skip this step esp if the statue has many pieces.

Yeah the articulated head and swivel arms are pretty cool.
From your pics I can't really tell but the posture looks decent. What do you think about the forward leaning posture? Agree that it's a huge half size, did you get the chance to measure the height?

Do P1 normally assemble there statues before sending them out? It's hard to believe any statue company would skip this step esp if the statue has many pieces.

Yeah the articulated head and swivel arms are pretty cool.
From your pics I can't really tell but the posture looks decent. What do you think about the forward leaning posture? Agree that it's a huge half size, did you get the chance to measure the height?

Posture looks ok. Fingers crossed for the long term. I haven?t measured the height yet.

With the shoulder hoses, they don't fit right in but are mostly in, what I did with mine is shape it first to what I want it to look like, then slowly bend it before the joint and pin (don't bend it right next to the pins as there's always a risk it could snap or fall off).

Got the head. Good news is it fits and lights work, I like the sculpt.

Not so good news...it looks a tad shiny and underweathered compared compared to the body.

Post image site not working atm, I'll try to upload some pics.

Now working:

https://postimg.cc/DSHLg9zC
https://postimg.cc/nXJtDz4T
https://postimg.cc/75DpLR4W

Yeah the shinier head is not looking good with the darker body. This Terminator is really riddled with problems and I can't help but think it was besides the 3 years of waiting and the numerous delays a rushed production. It is full of engineering problems, missing details and in your case the head is not matching the body color wise. Not worth the price IMO.

Last edited:
I'm still happy overall, I am tossing up whether to call him Mr Shiny or Mr Sheen lol. To be fair though it would have been quite hard to match it stroke for stroke without the body. But I am pleased with the final result. I think the teeth is surprisingly decent, much better in person than in photos. For me the main gripe is the missing forearm cables, other than that it's a great piece and will be a keeper forever. The height of mine is 101.6cm, 40inches, so one of the taller ones but not as tall as asoundwaves.

I do agree with you that there is too many inconsistencies for this price range and
P1 dropped the ball in terms of QA, honest communication re changes to pose and customer service. Any endo under 99cm imo should be replaced or refunded in full if requested and no questions asked. I benefited from dumb luck but had I known all these issues before purchase, I would also consider not risking it.

Midnight.mangler used the perfect words, an endo lottery. If you get a normal enough piece, awesome you win, if you don't, you pray it doesn't become defective or break and you lose money. Statue collecting shouldn't be this much of a gamble and in this case with this one, it has. Fingers crossed more collectors get great endos going forward.

Well this is all that matters Dundee. I am just baffled that some people get a statue which leaning badly and they are okay with this. Not talking about you Dundee cause yours looks alright but here are others who clearly have a leaning endo and they accept it. I would be furious if I get one like that. I just cannot understand the mentality of some...I mean I can...It is the kid in them cause they wanted this so badly (not telling this in the negative way). And because of this some collectors probably cannot think clearly and they are trying to convince themselfs that it is okay like that and it is purposefully made that way. Hope if Prime 1 will make another one (I cannot imagine they wont from T2 unless the rights are impossible to obtain but I doubt that.).

I know what you mean but the lean doesn't actually look bad or like it's going to fall over in person compared to the photos taken hence why collectors who received their piece are not too concerned as they see it in person and can judge it live. The only collectors who received this so far and concerned of the lean is SilentSurfer and aAsakos endo. SilentSurfers one was leaning forward and to its left side which is clearly wrong and defective, the foot pegs also not sitting well, P1 response was horrendous, bad enough for me to not even want to buy from them in future. Absolutely low class to not take accountability. Asakos endo was 98cm but he didn't mention the foot pegs so we can assume that it sits ok. The rest of the endos from this forum I think is at least 99cm+ so tall enough to not be an issue and also visibly fine looking.

Personally I think if the endo is 99cm or above, if the foot pegs sits right then it should be ok, I can't see it collapsing, not with how the pegs support it and the thick hip connection. If it is 98cm or below and the foot pegs don't sit well with pressure on feet, that would be another story and I would be asking for refund or exchange for another one.

Bottom line is P1 should assemble these to make sure they all fit and look right, QA it properly before release to give us buyers piece of mind, that we all are getting the best piece possible as we all pay the same price. So you are absolutely right that they rushed the release in the end and thought about $ figures rather than customer satisfaction.

If it is 98cm or below and the foot pegs don't sit well with pressure on feet, that would be another story and I would be asking for refund or exchange for another one.

Bottom line is P1 should assemble these to make sure they all fit and look right, QA it properly before release to give us buyers piece of mind, that we all are getting the best piece possible as we all pay the same price. So you are absolutely right that they rushed the release in the end and thought about $ figures rather than customer satisfaction.

Honestly it is just incredibly that Prime 1 does not take responsibility with the endos like at SilentSurfer's case and they are saying it is designed like that. Just cannot understand how on Earth they can do this. Yeah sure it is a money lost to them...but it is their fault. They changed the piece...and I think we can all agree it was unnecessary. It just raised more problem for them and probably they lost money also cause of the cancellations. Also they rushed it clearly but it looks like they will get away with this at the end. I am extremely lucky that I could get a refund.

I'm still happy overall, I am tossing up whether to call him Mr Shiny or Mr Sheen lol. To be fair though it would have been quite hard to match it stroke for stroke without the body. But I am pleased with the final result. I think the teeth is surprisingly decent, much better in person than in photos. For me the main gripe is the missing forearm cables, other than that it's a great piece and will be a keeper forever. The height of mine is 101.6cm, 40inches, so one of the taller ones but not as tall as asoundwaves.

I do agree with you that there is too many inconsistencies for this price range and
P1 dropped the ball in terms of QA, honest communication re changes to pose and customer service. Any endo under 99cm imo should be replaced or refunded in full if requested and no questions asked. I benefited from dumb luck but had I known all these issues before purchase, I would also consider not risking it.

Midnight.mangler used the perfect words, an endo lottery. If you get a normal enough piece, awesome you win, if you don't, you pray it doesn't become defective or break and you lose money. Statue collecting shouldn't be this much of a gamble and in this case with this one, it has. Fingers crossed more collectors get great endos going forward.

As long as you are happy mate! I think your endo looks great. So glad you got your head at last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back