Statue Prime 1 Studio x Blitzway: The Dark Knight: 1/3 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really annoyed... I cancelled. I was really looking forward to this. The head and the hair is just too off far from the prototype. After seeing the video and the reviewer even saying the cons are the paint.

Last edited:
Paint can be improved absolutely. The sculpt however is very strong and better than JND sculpt. Too bad the paint isn’t as good but at least it can be improved upon. Sculpt can’t.

Thanks for posting these videos.

Clothing looks pretty nice here in the second video in terms of fit and tailoring, just doesn't have the weathering that the JND one does. Though the blazer is still pulled in too much I think. The detail in the sculpt looks to be there as well, just paint really letting it down from the proto.

Surprised the reviewer squished the JND sculpt so much though when comparing the two! I cringed when I saw that.

Very well done review, and I love the side by side comparison with JND.

JND has the upper hand here overall I think, but keep in mind you're paying what, close to $1k more for the JND? So that better be the case.

Going off of the review I'm actually more happy with the P1 now. As he says, the P1 has so many elements of the film/character rolled into one which is exactly what I want. And the paint, while not prototype level unfortunately, is not as bad as those first pictures made it out to be for sure.

Will be keeping my order.

Unfortunate for those that are disappointed with the final product. Hopefully you can return/cancel it or enjoy it more in-hand if either of those options aren't available.

I would hope that retailers can see the difference between advertisement and reality here though and help with a refund. I've always had good luck with Sideshow, not sure about other vendors.

tbh, as much as I criticised this piece, it actually looks much better in that video review compared to the initial pictures, although I still think the headsculpt looks a little goofy, albeit certainly better quality than I originally thought.

I actually think the tailoring is better than JND's, however it looks like they've altered the hand position which just looks awkward to me.

I think with the new headsculpt from the bust this could actually be a great statue as I feel like a lesser paint job on that sculpt would be more forgiving compared to this.

Overall, seeing both completed production pieces now, I prefer JND, but I would be happy to own either of these (but would only get the Prime 1 to pair with the new bust). Will just have to wait and see if the bust sculpt turns out good.

Paint can be improved absolutely. The sculpt however is very strong and better than JND sculpt. Too bad the paint isn’t as good but at least it can be improved upon. Sculpt can’t.
We all have opinions so Ill be chill, But did you just say the sculpt on this is better than JND??? Nothing on this statue is better than JND. Not defending JHD cuz I own it. I am biased here. I see a horrible representation horrible paint, horrible pose. I don't see anything going on here that is good. Its worse than the old side show statue.

tbh, as much as I criticised this piece, it actually looks much better in that video review compared to the initial pictures, although I still think the headsculpt looks a little goofy, albeit certainly better quality than I originally thought.

I actually think the tailoring is better than JND's, however it looks like they've altered the hand position which just looks awkward to me.

I think with the new headsculpt from the bust this could actually be a great statue as I feel like a lesser paint job on that sculpt would be more forgiving compared to this.

Overall, seeing both completed production pieces now, I prefer JND, but I would be happy to own either of these (but would only get the Prime 1 to pair with the new bust). Will just have to wait and see if the bust sculpt turns out good.
Yeah I feel like I won't be able to judge this statue properly until I see the alternate head on it, as the current sculpt is so goofy and awkward that it just throws the entire thing off (and like the reviewer said isn't representative of any expression Ledger actually made in the film).

If the pose works better with the other head then I would consider picking this up and making whatever mods that are needed. But I'm still not ready to go there yet.

Yeah I feel like I won't be able to judge this statue properly until I see the alternate head on it, as the current sculpt is so goofy and awkward that it just throws the entire thing off (and like the reviewer said isn't representative of any expression Ledger actually made in the film).

If the pose works better with the other head then I would consider picking this up and making whatever mods that are needed. But I'm still not ready to go there yet.
I too bought only the bust cuz it looked good, but thats it!!! Now I am regretting that. IDK how thats going to look now! After this catastrophic event lol!

agree 100%, the current headsculpt definitely throws the whole thing off. Otherwise, if you cover the head, it actually looks pretty decent from the neck down, but it's hard to get an idea without seeing it with the new headsculpt. The current sculpt is definitely goofy AF though, lol.

Agreed, after seeing the two Jokers side by side in the video, I much prefer the P1 Joker sculpt over the JND. For me personally, there's no hesitation in picking the P1 Joker over all other Ledger Joker statues I've seen. The portrait paint apps are the ONLY thing that could've been improved on the P1 Joker IMO. That's correctable with a simple repaint/touch up. If the bust portrait turns out well, that'll easily put this piece well over the top for me. I'm just thrilled that the head sculpt still looks as good as the prototype. If it didn't, then I'd have major problems with the piece. No amount of paint apps can save a bad sculpt.

P1 is still close enough to the proto that there's no point cancelling if you liked the initial pics

JND and P1 offer different representations of the character and each have pros and cons, if you chose one over the other I don't think you'll be disappointed with either

Anyone know of a master painter to improve it?

Anyone know of a master painter to improve it?
There are plenty. Unfortunately, the best ones are very busy and can be completely booked solid for up to a year in advance. John Ficchi, John Allred, and Rafael Robledo Jr. are just a few master painters that do phenomenal work.

Last edited:
P1 is still close enough to the proto that there's no point cancelling if you liked the initial pics

JND and P1 offer different representations of the character and each have pros and cons, if you chose one over the other I don't think you'll be disappointed with either
I think this is a fair point. There are many different aspects to character and depending what type you want you have your choice. If you want a more playful joker the obviously QS or P1 would be the choice (still don’t like the P1 sculpt at all but that’s just because I don’t want a smiling ledger). If you want the rage of the Joker, then JND is the choice.

I think JND is the most realistic film version, Queen second to that and P1 is pretty much full comic almost, the portrait but mostly the paint really detracts from the mixed media rest of it.

I have Viper's painted and rooted head on a Jaxon sculpt so have pretty much what Queen are going to offer and that will be nice. Viper gets the hair colour correct, although his hair line and thickness still suffer the same as JND. And I can't imagine the production pieces will be of the same quality as most of them. I've also got his Last Samurai piece on order which was well over a year ago and he's way behind on that, so will be very interesting seeing how his painting and hairing of that comes out.

Back