Statue Prime 1 Studio x Blitzway: The Dark Knight: 1/3 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think JND is the most realistic film version, Queen second to that and P1 is pretty much full comic almost, the portrait but mostly the paint really detracts from the mixed media rest of it.

I have Viper's painted and rooted head on a Jaxon sculpt so have pretty much what Queen are going to offer and that will be nice. Viper gets the hair colour correct, although his hair line and thickness still suffer the same as JND. And I can't imagine the production pieces will be of the same quality as most of them. I've also got his Last Samurai piece on order which was well over a year ago and he's way behind on that, so will be very interesting seeing how his painting and hairing of that comes out.
I agree, although I would probably rate the QS slightly ahead of the JND in terms of realism/likeness. The P1 sculpt still looks toyish to me. Could be a combination of the paint job and weird sculpt though. I think with the bust sculpt it will look a lot different, as the prototype is probably the best Ledger sculpt I've seen IMO.

200.gif

QS went safe with a neutral looking face, prime 1 went guns blazing and it obviously backed fired big time hence also going down the QS route of neutral face (additional bust). Still looks like a toy with so many bells and whistles, easter eggs from the movie crammed into the base. Quantity doesn't always equate quality. It has a hot toys vibe with the vibrant colours and various goodies.

For me QS 1/4 scale is too small and the statue overall looks a tad bored, lacks energy, doesn't have presence and is something that will disappear in the background. Prime 1 is an automatic pass, not movie accurate and aesthetically looks unpleasant. JND looks a tad older in the face (which it kind of gets away with as the joker by that time was pretty roughed up but all the fighting) but everything else it aces. Easily the best out of the three, the competition isn't even close.

This is an argument that will run and run

You can say over and over that JND is the best, and myself and others can say JND is overpriced and looks nothing like Ledger

Where does it end lol

This is an argument that will run and run

You can say over and over that JND is the best, and myself and others can say JND is overpriced and looks nothing like Ledger

Where does it end lol
Gotta get through the name calling phase that usually happens, then someone either gives up or gets banned or both :lol

QS 1/4 scale is too small and the statue overall looks a tad bored, lacks energy, doesn't have presence and is something that will disappear in the background.

This is my problem with the QS. I'm looking for 1/3, but more than that it's lifeless. It looks like a 1/4 scale statue through and through, there's no real presence\personality there. It's more like a mannequin than an actual person. Great likeness though. The factory P1 fails on every level for me.

Last edited:
I'm not really all that big of a P1 fan. I like some of their statues, some I don’t. I like this statue. Are the paint apps lacking on the portrait? Without a doubt. That can be fixed. I LOVE this sculpt. Nothing you say will change that. You have made it clear that you don’t. Nothing will change that. However, calling people here blind or insisting the piece sucks because you know better than others is close minded.

I don’t understand why people that compliment this statue makes you so angry. Live and let live. Other peoples differing opinions shouldn't bother you so much. Enjoy whatever Ledger Joker statue you buy. I may not like it, but I hope you enjoy it. Since it's going in your collection, nobody else's opinion should matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my problem with the QS. I'm looking for 1/3, but more than that it's lifeless. It looks like a 1/4 scale statue through and through, there's no real presence\personality there. It's more like a mannequin than an actual person. Great likeness though. The factory P1 fails on every level for me.
Personally, I think his expression looks exactly like it does in the scene and this is the first I've seen anyone have an issue with the facial expression of that sculpt, but we all have our opinions and taste.

Personally for me, if that statue was made in 1/3 it would crap on the other 2 offerings and I wouldn't even consider them, so the only let-down is that its 1/4, but I'm still buying it.

As far as 1/3 scale goes, JND takes it for me hands down.

QS went safe with a neutral looking face, prime 1 went guns blazing and it obviously backed fired big time hence also going down the QS route of neutral face (additional bust). Still looks like a toy with so many bells and whistles, easter eggs from the movie crammed into the base. Quantity doesn't always equate quality. It has a hot toys vibe with the vibrant colours and various goodies.

For me QS 1/4 scale is too small and the statue overall looks a tad bored, lacks energy, doesn't have presence and is something that will disappear in the background. Prime 1 is an automatic pass, not movie accurate and aesthetically looks unpleasant. JND looks a tad older in the face (which it kind of gets away with as the joker by that time was pretty roughed up but all the fighting) but everything else it aces. Easily the best out of the three, the competition isn't even close.
I agree with a lot of this, I get the Hot Toys vibe from the Prime 1 too. I actually think QS looks the best and looks like its straight out of the scene for me, it just lacks the presence of a 1/3 due to its size. Still getting it though, but still want the JND statue as well.

Yeah I was pretty impressed by the JND prototype, but the final sculpt just doesn't work for me at all with that puffy face and stringy, dark green hair.

For me, even if the paint quality on the P1 bust is lacking like on the smiling sculpt, it still has the potential to make for a much better looking overall statue than the JND. Especially with such an insanely good sculpt as this.

pbdc-08_a104.jpg

Yeah I was pretty impressed by the JND prototype, but the final sculpt just doesn't work for me at all with that puffy face and stringy, dark green hair.

For me, even if the paint quality on the P1 bust is lacking like on the smiling sculpt, it still has the potential to make for a much better looking overall statue than the JND. Especially with such an insanely good sculpt as this.

View attachment 550940
I agree about the sculpt. I feel like Prime 1 could get away with a lesser quality paint job on this as the sculpt is just so good. I just need to see it on the complete statue to get an idea on how it looks (the production statue and some videos of it complete).

View attachment 550940

If they can match the paint to how this looks, this will be an extremely formidable offering, because the tailoring I think it very nice, it looks nice and heavy and dare I say a teeny bit better than JND's. But it all comes down to the paint ultimately, if it looks incredibly airburshed like what it came with then it will be a fail. If it looks like this it'll be phenomenal (it definitely won't look like this).

EDIT: Just watched the review, I take what I said about the coat being better back, that photo definitely made it look better. :ROFLMAO: Man this is why JND are good, you get all these pre-release videos and show and tells etc/ and you know what you get in hand is what they're selling from the beginning near enough.

EDIT 2: That synthetic hair slapped on to his head is dreadful.

EDIT 3: Just did a 360 spin, the hairline on that is worse than JND's no one yet has got a good hairline.

Last edited:
And just to add I don't think one piece will ever have the full praise of everyone. Like Daniel said in one of his videos, Joker has so many different looks and personality mannerisms, that for each person each of those shades and aspects is their true version of the Joker, even down to degredation of the makeup. You just gotta go with what you prefer and what is offered.

More for me than appearance also is uniformity and finesse. I think plastic bases with stuff littered all over them are horrendous, and all statues/figures that come with different ones creates an incredibly disparate display. I love that JND have a uniformity to their bases with only the inner top layer changing to reflect the scene or character.

Is it me but the prototype looks like the Joker is looking slight down... The production bit he is looking slightly up.

Just looks like they changed the final item a bit more.

The only issues I'm seeing with the coat are the lack of weathering and the way the lapels stick out. But those shouldn't be too hard to correct.

I agree though the base is much bigger and busier than it needs to be for a Ledger Joker.

Back