Statue Prime 1 Studio x Blitzway: The Dark Knight: 1/3 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Selling Prime1s are quite a hassle. Expensive shipping costs and seller fees will eat up any profit on ebay (and you are worrying about breakages during shipping). Unless the piece has inflated in price, you don't buy Prime1 to sell.

Last edited:
Usually Sideshow refunds deposit if it's your first time if you contact them first.

Even with the great repaint, he looks like he's doing the trollface at certain angles.

The troll face is what I see in closeups. The full body pose looks like he wants to hand you a Jack Chick tract.

saw a youtube comment that Prime 1 said they haven't shipped yet and these pics might be of fakes

Would anyone even make a fake when it's not even sold out? Find that hard to believe
It's possible, but not probable. There are some fakes of the 1/3 Justice League Superman all over eBay and Aliexpress. Could be some others as well, but I've never bothered to check. I know it's a different league of collectible, but many Masterpiece KO transformers come out almost immediately after the official, before the official is even close sold out.
I canceled both on Sideshow. Lost my NRDs so I guess that's the last time I preorder anything.
did you just cancel through the website or talk to a CS person? If you emailed a CS person and showed them the comparison of the finale product to the original proto, they may have been more inclined to refund your NRD. I’ve done that before, and not just one time.

Anyone who thinks this is a fake is off their meds. There may be a slight distortion due to camera specifics, but if this does not light your fire as is, ditch it. As far as I am concerned; this is not worth the space, if it were free - never mind the money.

They fixed almost all minor details on their Predator piece due to feedbacks from the community. I think its worth a shot.
If you're referring to the 1:3, then no, they didn't. They made changes to the prototype, but we have no idea what the production piece will look like. Given how they treated the production piece for the 1/4 scale, I don't have high hopes for the 1/3.

If you're referring to the 1:3, then no, they didn't. They made changes to the prototype, but we have no idea what the production piece will look like. Given how they treated the production piece for the 1/4 scale, I don't have high hopes for the 1/3.
true, its still on production stage. But I remembered there were a lot of people wanted those changes and they listened. I still have hope if we raise our concern about this enough, hopefully they will fix this.

I don't know how to feel about this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211214-142354_Lawnchair.jpg
    Screenshot_20211214-142354_Lawnchair.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 125
Anyone who thinks this is a fake is off their meds. There may be a slight distortion due to camera specifics, but if this does not light your fire as is, ditch it. As far as I am concerned; this is not worth the space, if it were free - never mind the money.
I mean, Prime1 are the ones who were saying that these early pictures may be of fakes :dunno no one here was claiming that

However, judging by the latest update from JRoot, sounds like they’ve now determined that they aren’t fakes

Finally got some high quality photos at least.

Attachments

• 7ECE04C3-79FA-4B90-94C5-B737C4604289.jpg
    7ECE04C3-79FA-4B90-94C5-B737C4604289.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 178
  • 9EDC4F39-7092-4C62-934A-A9666F89C215.jpeg
    9EDC4F39-7092-4C62-934A-A9666F89C215.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 170
  • 44B7EFB7-657B-4954-8A1D-1BE9FE68B856.jpg
    44B7EFB7-657B-4954-8A1D-1BE9FE68B856.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 168
  • B55A2EDB-F38B-4A82-B0FF-A08B3880C7DD.jpg
    B55A2EDB-F38B-4A82-B0FF-A08B3880C7DD.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 179
All the existing flaws are still there. They're just hiding them better as the photos are much darker with less lighting.

While it does look better in those photos compared to earlier ones, it's still a long way off from the prototype and I would personally be very annoyed if I PO'd this.

I don’t have a horse in this race as I don’t have any of these high end Jokers on PO, but there is no way I would be keeping my order for this one. And one of the admins in their FB group even posted these new photos trying to make everyone feel silly for freaking out over those early crappy photos, but I mean, it looks just as bad but only in better quality photos? I’m actually really hesitant to preorder a Prime1 piece now, it seems they have quite a history of some pieces coming out way below prototype quality.

Finally got some high quality photos at least.
Looks much better but man I can't trust photos anymore, whether it'd be prototype or production piece, it can practically be modified to look like another statue altogether. Video all the way, even an unboxing is better than looking at edited pics.

I'm out, I'll wait for ppl to get them. I wanted this as a definitive Ledger Joker in my collection but after watching primes bait and switch growing worse this year. I have zero faith. This is going beyond production pieces not matching the prototype. Prototypes are supposed to be examples of what can be achieved in the factory. Prime is getting the absolute best multi layered paint jobs KNOWING FROM THE START, those paint apps can not be reproduced in a factory. Ive already locked into the 1/3 predator but he's my last ever prime 1 preorder. This company is just way too dishonest and their proto vs final is on the line of damn near fraudulent imo.

If this isn't the repainted head then this looks close to the proto IMO. Those who liked this piece enough to order it should still be happy with it based off these pics?
From what I understand, those photos are the out of box product. I do think it looks much better here and it's probably a better reflection of what your eye would actually see in person.

A true proper unboxing would be the best though!

Back