Statue Prime 1 Studio x Blitzway: The Dark Knight: 1/3 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You?re all blind. This looks great.

To each their own, I just see a bloated face and a weird smile, like hes taking a dump lol! Then the side show card pose. Other than that ya looks great. But to me the face is everything. Just looks weird.

I like it, but I'm not quite sold on the smiling portrait. It's just not how I remember him in the film. Other than that, it's pretty well done, but I'm not sure if I want it yet. Hasn't really blown me away like I thought it would, not like Queen Studio's piece.

Looks good I just wish he came with another Headsculpt. So many of their pieces come with multiple swap out pieces

Not the case with Blitzway's pieces, which this is to all intents and purposes.

I like it, but I'm not quite sold on the smiling portrait. It's just not how I remember him in the film

original.gif

mY2IxTO.jpg

Never thought of it like that but you’re right! All the BlitzwayxPrime1 piece don’t have extra headsculpts and less switch out pieces altogether. Wonder why that is? Part of their agreement maybe?

I also find it interesting how P1 reveals this days after HT reveals their DX19 TDKR Bats

Fix the nose and it'll be good.

View attachment 500861

Ya I emailed Prime one about the issues, I doubt they will do anything. But your right the face is off and that smile and nose. Not sure what people see that so amazing. So, many on facebook notice the problems. I wanted to like this and was hoping for a home run. But right now I don't see heath in this at all. Maybe a little. But then pose it as side show I mean come on man. Why is he slouched holding a card. It makes no sense. Slouched is great but have him pointing a gun or something good. Idk, just not my liking.

The Base - It's looks busy and cluttered with all of items scattered around the base. Not a fan of items sitting loosely on the base either, like the money. They call the caution tape a moveable item in the description. Is the caution tape just a sticker we have to put on or is it held by magnets?

Cut and Sew - The clothes, colors, and stitching looks well done. I like that the coat gives him the broad shoulders he had in film. I thought the lapels may be too wide but looking at some pics I think they got it right.

Pose - The pose looks fine, it doesn't look unnatural like the Sideshow one. It is however disappointing to me that when I look at the statue I want to think of the movie, and when I look at all I see is hey he didn't have the card when he had that gun or that knife. It feels like they threw items from every scene at it. Why not put the bazooka on his back and the magic trick pencil behind his ear while your at it? lol

Headsculpt - I actually really like it now. It looks better in full promotional shots, I think it looks well done, and a grinning sculpt is something we don't see often for him. I love the way the hair is done on this, great job. I wonder if people will complain when they figure out the thin hair strands is soft plastic and not polystone.
I would've love to have seen a serious Ledger sculpt from KA Kim which sadly we may never get now.

Honestly him holding the card up is my biggest problem with the the whole thing, if his left arm was just hanging down by his side I would've liked it so much better. I like the switchouts for the right hand, those are the right choices for the gun and knife their are others like the shotgun, glock 18, or the revolver but they got it right and chose the most important ones.

I have the Queen Studios on order and I think I'm going to end up ordering this one too, just to see them both in hand.

Thanks for reading my useless drivel.

The details and quality are great, but I don't see Ledger in the sculpt like in some of those very expensive 1/6 custom figures. However, sometimes I don't see Ledger at all when watching the film. It's strange how difficult it is to capture that likeness. Some sculpts either don't look like Ledger or they look too much like the actor and not the character. :dunno

original.gif

mY2IxTO.jpg

it's literally the only scene of him smiling and it's for a second. I didn't say I don't remember him smiling in the film, I said it's not how I remember him as it was so brief.

It looks like this scene is kind of a creative take on the scene where he burns the money, which is why the smiling portrait looks odd. He wasn't smiling in that scene.

Nonetheless, this character smiling like this is just not a memorable look for him IMO. A grinning portrait would have been far better. I like the rest of it though, but I won't be buying this. The price is a massive turn off. For that sort of money, it would have to be absolutely perfect.

it's literally the only scene of him smiling and it's for a second. I didn't say I don't remember him smiling in the film, I said it's not how I remember him as it was so brief.

Gotcha.

Nonetheless, this character smiling like this is just not a memorable look for him IMO. A grinning portrait would have been far better.

I see where you're coming from, but somehow this reminds me of the early movie ads:

od2yBg9.jpg

Anyway, now we have yet another Ledger Joker to look forward to. Hopefully that one will check all the boxes for you... and me. ^_^

IMO, this is easily the best Ledger Joker statue ever made. It just blows me away.

No disrespect but Im not sure what your seeing this is one of the worst I have scene. The hair is plastic not hair. The mouth look odd like he is squeezing a **** out. The pose is very weird with the card. IDK why prime one basically copied Side show with that card thing. The face to me looks nothing like heath. The QS was absolutely gorgeous with ledgers face and easy pose. This is way to much going on. Im glad you like it but damn this isn't doing it for me. I am waiting for JND I suggest many do the same.

Im a huge ledger joker fan and have almost all the statues. I can't believe I am saying this but I have to pass on this. Or at least wait till in hand pics. Because going for plastic hair WTF???

No disrespect but Im not sure what your seeing this is one of the worst I have scene. The hair is plastic not hair. The mouth look odd like he is squeezing a **** out. The pose is very weird with the card. IDK why prime one basically copied Side show with that card thing. The face to me looks nothing like heath. The QS was absolutely gorgeous with ledgers face and easy pose. This is way to much going on. Im glad you like it but damn this isn't doing it for me. I am waiting for JND I suggest many do the same.

Im a huge ledger joker fan and have almost all the statues. I can't believe I am saying this but I have to pass on this. Or at least wait till in hand pics. Because going for plastic hair WTF???

Agreed 100%. I cannot bring myself to preorder this piece due to the smile. I am going to wait and see Queen Studios 1/4...hopefully it is a purple coat version. Chances are they will nail the likeness and it will be based off an actual scene in the film.

Genuinely shocked Prime 1 did not include an alternate/serious portrait here; this could have been a home run.

Agreed 100%. I cannot bring myself to preorder this piece due to the smile. I am going to wait and see Queen Studios 1/4...hopefully it is a purple coat version. Chances are they will nail the likeness and it will be based off an actual scene in the film.

Genuinely shocked Prime 1 did not include an alternate/serious portrait here; this could have been a home run.

I hear JND is making one too, so just wait...

Their one third was amazing so I expect the 1/4th to be the same.

Back