Statue Prime 1 Studio x Blitzway: The Dark Knight: 1/3 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even it were Prime 1 we could do the same.

The issue as always is the shipping and custom charges.

Buying some of the previous Prime 1 ‘regulars’ from Sideshow direct, would’ve cost me 40-46% on top of what I pay Popcultcha for the exact same thing. So I imagine buying from Prime 1 or Blitzway would be the exact same difference, without any type of subsidised shipping and customs costs.

Shipping from Blitzway is cheap. I just got Blitzway's Godfather direct through them...it was cheaper than Pop. Shipping was 70 bucks USD. I didn't pay any customs fees either.

Shipping from Blitzway is cheap. I just got Blitzway's Godfather direct through them...it was cheaper than Pop. Shipping was 70 bucks USD. I didn't pay any customs fees either.

At $70 USD that is definitely much cheaper than the current $152.35 shipping for the Godfather piece when ordered from Sideshow. Makes it about even with the cost from Popcultcha though (but only if Blitzway collects GST?), maybe even a bit more at the current exchange rate. Though it still would’ve been $90 AUD cheaper for me to get from Popcultcha after the usual member discount. Maybe the same if they don’t collect GST.

But even if the Godfather legally escaped the GST and Custom charges (as they may fall under the $75K Australian turnover threshold), a 1/3 scale piece definitely won’t as it’ll automatically get charged at customs.

At $70 USD that is definitely much cheaper than the current $152.35 shipping for the Godfather piece when ordered from Sideshow. Makes it about even with the cost from Popcultcha though (but only if Blitzway collects GST?), maybe even a bit more at the current exchange rate. Though it still would’ve been $90 AUD cheaper for me to get from Popcultcha after the usual member discount. Maybe the same if they don’t collect GST.

But even if the Godfather legally escaped the GST and Custom charges (as they may fall under the $75K Australian turnover threshold), a 1/3 scale piece definitely won’t as it’ll automatically get charged at customs.

Yeah I know what you mean, was just making the point that it wouldn't be as expensive as shipping from Prime 1 that's all. I only got my Godfather piece from Blitzway direct as I will be travelling in Europe when Pop Cultcha get their stock and I wanted to make sure I didn't miss out so I got it direct.

Pop Cultcha do carry Blitzway stock though, so if this is also a Blitzway item it may be available through Pop. I'd be going through Pop Cultcha for a 1/3 piece as well...but if this piece is a home run then I wanna get my hands on it regardless lol.

Since this is being led by Blitzway's artistic team I hope the base is smaller than typical Prime 1 statues.

Since this is being led by Blitzway's artistic team I hope the base is smaller than typical Prime 1 statues.

That's exactly what I was thinking last night as I was staring at my Blitzway pieces.

Any word on if this is going to be at Comic Con or not?

Very unlikely. Even if the progress on it were advanced enough for display, I don't think Sideshow would allow for it to be displayed on their booth, considering they have their own Ledger Joker there.

Summer Wonderfest is on the 28th July in Japan, it seems more like they would debut this statue there with any other Prime 1 reveals.

Damn it, I got excited when this thread got bumped :mad:
Same especially since I was just talking about this in the 1:2 Bale thread.

I understand folks being curious about the status of a project but I feel like it?s a little common sense that if no one has posted an update then there has been no word on the progress of this or any item that?s been announced. Ppl do the same in HotToys threads and I gotta wonder what the thinking is? Do folks think someone here or in the Facebook groups is hoarding all the information and just not telling anyone?

I understand folks being curious about the status of a project but I feel like it?s a little common sense that if no one has posted an update then there has been no word on the progress of this or any item that?s been announced. Ppl do the same in HotToys threads and I gotta wonder what the thinking is? Do folks think someone here or in the Facebook groups is hoarding all the information and just not telling anyone?

Shush, Gipetto, you'll wise them up on our secret loggia.

Decorea White, admin at the Prime 1 Studio Collectors FB page:

About Ledger and Phoenix Joker pieces.

- For Ledger, it?s going to be a long while before any updates. For those waiting for it you must be patient. It?s going to need more time.

There is plenty of Ledger Joker on the market already, now is the time for a fresh face to shine.

- For Phoenix, of course look forward to the additional reveal from P1 this Friday.

Screenshots by V4XCollect:

07DBdzB.png

O3Vya7v.png

C2FeyeQ.png

GrcOS31.png
[/QUOTE]

The here's my card scene or the hit me scene would've been great, instead we get their made up pose.

I do not like that pose at all, and I'm disappointed that they decided to go with a grinning headsculpt. Hopefully they show it in more detail and I like it more with better pics, but the first impression is not good.

This having a rolling eyes feature is unique, but also scary with it being their first.

Back