Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a lot of soul searching, but I finally ended up pre-ordering the Prime 1 1/3 Deluxe. I finally sold the Cinemaquette for a little bit more than the price of this just before the pandemic shut downs started last year. I'm not really collecting statues very much anymore, but this looks to be the ultimate Predator collectible, so I'm going to make room for it in the budget.

Awesome. This piece definitely has that effect on people, myself included.

Here's hoping it delivers!

Do you think the Hunter's Victim will pair well with the 1:3 Jungle Hunter?

I ask since the BGCA version and the JH seem close in size.

mmpr-01_73_02_pred_x_2.jpg

Do you think the Hunter's Victim will pair well with the 1:3 Jungle Hunter?

I ask since the BGCA version and the JH seem close in size.

View attachment 532255

I really doubt it. The 1/3 has serious size over the BGCA, and the victim is smaller than BGCA the way it is because humans are smaller. So the extra size of 1/3 PLUS the fact humans are smaller to begin with it'll likely look off on the shelf but it would be good for pictures if you manipulate the nagles

It's crazy how a troll has insured that there's way more conversation about this over on SF. Surprised he hasn't started over here yet.... :LOL:

And no, the victim will look tiny next to this, it's a different scale. This is such a huge statue that it doesn't really require any companion pieces. It's a centrepiece in its own right.

How do I find the laughing emoji and apply it on that post? I only see the like button, but that button is not satisfying enough lol

Edit: nevermind, I figured it out 😂

Received an update from Prime 1 re some of my inquiries.

I asked Prime 1 to specify exactly what type of synthetic materials will to be used for the shorts. They are unable to further elaborate as the development team is still deciding what materials to use. Fingers crossed they use real leather.

The wrist gauntlet LED will not do a countdown but they have passed my suggestion to the development team. I did mention this is the CM dialed to 11 so a countdown would be nice 🙂

Received an update from Prime 1 re some of my inquiries.

I asked Prime 1 to specify exactly what type of synthetic materials will to be used for the shorts. They are unable to further elaborate as the development team is still deciding what materials to use. Fingers crossed they use real leather.

The wrist gauntlet LED will not do a countdown but they have passed my suggestion to the development team. I did mention this is the CM dialed to 11 so a countdown would be nice 🙂
I'd rather they focus on what they've promised than a count down to be honest. Besides the first time turning it on, how many of us really gonna give a crap about activating a small countdown on the gauntlet?

I'd rather they focus on what they've promised than a count down to be honest. Besides the first time turning it on, how many of us really gonna give a crap about activating a small countdown on the gauntlet?
Don't think adding a countdown would make them lose focus on the bigger picture, it's an easy mechanic, unlike artistic direction and balancing the accuracy and asthetics pendulum. Their said updates is plastered all over their website and Facebook pages, pretty sure they will do their best to hit the high notes, it's a flagship piece, many eyes on it.

I think that would be a really cool feature. I could see myself using it quite a bit. Easily justifiable too considering the ridiculous asking price.

It's crazy how a troll has insured that there's way more conversation about this over on SF. Surprised he hasn't started over here yet.... :LOL:

And no, the victim will look tiny next to this, it's a different scale. This is such a huge statue that it doesn't really require any companion pieces. It's a centrepiece in its own right.
I just read through that brutal thread and gained absolutely zero knowledge, just reposts of extra large pics and quotes of a constant troll.

Well, one thing I guess: I never noticed the quills on the legs before, but I couldn't care less if the statue doesn't have them because they aren't noticeable on film.

The one Predator statue to rule them all and in the darkness bind them!!! I placed my order with P1 today since it looks like SSC will not be getting this one, I just cannot risk playing the bs waiting game with SSC -whatever their deal is with P1 Statues is its like a crapshoot which ones they sell- that low stock warning on P1's website has been there far too long already to play such games. I have been wanting a predator statue for a long time, i've been tempted by some (big game, city, Tusk ect.) that have come along- but ultimately none of them were "the predator" I wanted to represent the character in the collection (only want 1 predator statue). Then bam this monster dropped like a ton of Gold bricks and my wait is finally over- will power and patience really paid off.

I do wonder if we'll see this guy at any of the expos due to covid. Would love to see some fan film on him

Shameless plug, selling my SWS Maquette EX if anyones looking for one :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3
Why you selling the SWS Maquette man? You should keep it, especially if it's an EX. Still a cool piece and love the history behind it. Although you will have the best Pred ever made with this statue in 2 years time.

Why you selling the SWS Maquette man? You should keep it, especially if it's an EX. Still a cool piece and love the history behind it. Although you will have the best Pred ever made with this statue in 2 years time.
In all honesty I do love the piece, it's just a matter of space. Im pretty much zoning in on 1/3 and Lifesize only now so the SWS Maquette is gonna eventually go once s Prime 1's stary moving in. Also trying to get funds for a HCG Biomask wall bust

Back