Prime 1 / Blitzway: Terminator 2 - T-800 (Arnold Schwarzenegger) 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I passed on the Endo because I was intending to get the battle-damaged Arnold instead, but now that I'm going Platinum I feel like I still need something with more Endoskeleton visible in it. And a full-on Endo does seem like it would pair really well with the Platinum...

I just wish they weren't releasing around the same time. It would be a whole lot easier if they were separated by 6 months or so.

Wonder if they’ll release the bust they include with the deluxe separately a little later after release with one of the the full BD headsculps similar to what they do with 1/3 TDK Joker and 1/3 Pattinson Batman busts

Wonder if they’ll release the bust they include with the deluxe separately a little later after release with one of the the full BD headsculps similar to what they do with 1/3 TDK Joker and 1/3 Pattinson Batman busts
Johnny said they are not gonna release busts separately. What you see now is what you gonna get.

I couldn't afford this but my friendly suggestion for those in doubt regarding buying which version: Just buy the 1/4 Enterbay Battle damaged version and get the platinum Cyberdyne, and you get both the best of both world with a fraction of price (thanks to EB).

I couldn't afford this but my friendly suggestion for those in doubt regarding buying which version: Just buy the 1/4 Enterbay Battle damaged version and get the platinum Cyberdyne, and you get both the best of both world with a fraction of price (thanks to EB).
Enterbay is a good figure but rotting to hell because of the synthetic leather.

I wrote a post regarding the damage in the Prime 1 group and as I suspected it is an error. Johnny thinks the damage is correct on the platinum statue. Hope I can convince him that he is wrong. I even posted more photos. Please write under the post so the statue can be as accurate as possible.

Edit:

Johnny said:

"Like i say different damage we add small damage to expose a bit metal if is clean waste behind details that no one will see. This version is Cyberdyne Shootout and we will keep this way. No further adjustment as we are in production stage to keep everything in schedule to shipout without any delay but also keep the best quality!"

That means the innacurate leg stays which at this price point is annoying but not a deal breaker. I asked about the chest again. We will see his answer. If it stays that way (the chest) than maybe I will try to switch to the DX but probably he won't answer again.

By the way he confirmed it few days ago that the chest is the same at every version. Here is the screenshoot:

Attachments

• Névtelen.jpg
    Névtelen.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Accuracy is accuracy, but personally I agree it would be a shame to miss out on the knee damage entirely on the platinum.
I think the best would have been if they leave it same like on the DX. That is more accurate. It is not the end of the world but still. All in all at least everything else seem to be accurate. Even the chest (according to Johnny but I am still not convinced)...but I just don't understand why they are making a video and photos with the shirt misaligned on the statue like that. It should look like on the DX.

To be honest I am worried a little bit. The innacurate leg is one thing but if the chest is not like in the movie than it is a no from me. But I guess we wont know until it comes out.

Attachments

• PLMT2-01_b07.jpg
    PLMT2-01_b07.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 0
  • PLMT2-01_b09.jpg
    PLMT2-01_b09.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 0
  • MMT2-02DXS_b12.jpg
    MMT2-02DXS_b12.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Accuracy is accuracy, but personally I agree it would be a shame to miss out on the knee damage entirely on the platinum.
Yeah I'm not too bothered by showing a bit more damage than was actually visible in the scene. It balances out the statue better, and you really need to have an eagle eye to notice it's not accurate. Plus a lot of people like me are going to be displaying him with sunglasses that he didn't wear in any of these scenes. 😁

The chest BD should technically get worse during final battle when the t-1000 rams the iron into the t-800s chest. I actually always thought it was that scene that rips the skin off his chest to reveal the hyperalloy combat chassis but am wrong (even though I've seen the movie a million times haha). But it seems the movie just uses the same BD chest during the shootout scene lol. Prime 1 may have corrected this and made adjustments and lowered the BD level on the chest for 'realism' and aesthetics sake. Similarly the BD on the head, in the movie it was glued on and made arnies face look puffy but obviously this has been corrected on the statue. I guess prime 1 dialled back on these to make the statue 'work' and look more realistic?

The minor knee damage appears to be more of an aesthetic balance on the statue.

If they go 100% on knee damage, then I guess its not so much a police shoot out but more of a hasta la vista baby scene. If they go zero knee damage that is more accurate but arguably it could look less cool.

Prime 1 went in between in all of these on the platinum (head bd, chest BD, knee BD) to strike a balance it seems. I think they have made the right choice, lesser chest and knee damage (whilst not fully movie accurate) looks better and is likely what the movie wanted to portray but special effects team may have gone lazy and gave Arnie the same damaged chest lol.

Who is planning to buy the T-1000 guys?
I did consider this but it's a distant third for me.

1/3 endo I'm all in DX bonus, even happily paid extra for that chrome teeth 😁

1/3 t-800 - still swinging balls at a decision

1/3 t-1000 - will pass unless they make bust version in which I'd grab the donut head (yeah in my dreams lol)

As much as I like this, a T1 police shootout Arnold would resonate more (in 1/3 or 1/4). The Endoskeleton is the only design I prefer from T2, but I'm not a fan of Prime 1's base so it looks like I'm skipping that too.

Curious to see what else Queen does with this license. Figures, maquettes, whatever.

I might have considered it with a different pose, but I'm just really tired of that finger wagging pose. Would rather have him firing his gun or something.

View attachment 678152
Maybe the platinum will be this one. At least I hope.
The chest BD should technically get worse during final battle when the t-1000 rams the iron into the t-800s chest. I actually always thought it was that scene that rips the skin off his chest to reveal the hyperalloy combat chassis but am wrong (even though I've seen the movie a million times haha). But it seems the movie just uses the same BD chest during the shootout scene lol. Prime 1 may have corrected this and made adjustments and lowered the BD level on the chest for 'realism' and aesthetics sake. Similarly the BD on the head, in the movie it was glued on and made arnies face look puffy but obviously this has been corrected on the statue. I guess prime 1 dialled back on these to make the statue 'work' and look more realistic?

The minor knee damage appears to be more of an aesthetic balance on the statue.

If they go 100% on knee damage, then I guess its not so much a police shoot out but more of a hasta la vista baby scene. If they go zero knee damage that is more accurate but arguably it could look less cool.

Prime 1 went in between in all of these on the platinum (head bd, chest BD, knee BD) to strike a balance it seems. I think they have made the right choice, lesser chest and knee damage (whilst not fully movie accurate) looks better and is likely what the movie wanted to portray but special effects team may have gone lazy and gave Arnie the same damaged chest lol.
Dunno! According to the screenshot I posted the chest is the same on every version. I guess we will see. I am big on accuracy so it will annoy me to no end until I will see it on a Con with the correct chest lol. Or I have to wait for it to get it in hand. Dunno what to do to be honest. Switch to DX if I can or stick with the platinum. The shirt is easily customizable. I just have to cut a bigger hole but I don't really wanna do that with a statue this expensive. Also I don't think the effect guys went lazy lol. This is Terminator 2 we are talking about. It was just portrayed the way it was intended.

Similarly the BD on the head, in the movie it was glued on and made arnies face look puffy but obviously this has been corrected on the statue. I guess prime 1 dialled back on these to make the statue 'work' and look more realistic?
I think that might be another reason I prefer the Platinum, as it's closer to what we actually saw on screen and not as much of an "idealized" version of a battle-damaged Terminator with an actual endo skull and ripped off arm. In the movie he had the puffy face and a huge hump on his shoulder and didn't look anywhere near as cool as the statue makes him seem. Lol

Back