Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the hell are you doing here? This is the snob section!! Get back t your movie section :lol :lol

I love the base and feel it brings the piece to life. In no way do I see it overshadowing the Predator himself.

Stimulus money lol

To be fair, this is one of the smaller bases in Prime 1's Alien and Predator line. :lol The edges of the base also stay fairly close to the character. I only wish they did this more often, but instead we have to contend with a 30" deep base on the Alien Warrior for no good reason.

Fair enough as big bases go you are right this one is pretty tight to the character space it occupies.

After watching this video nobody is going to convince me that this is not home run until I have it in hand.

This thing is freaking great. Those that want to still complain because its not 100% movie accurate, all I can say is that I hope you get it with the 1/3 scale.

The combination of the pose, the great sculpts, and the better then people are giving it credit for paint apps make this IMO the best predator to get right now.

Of course I am basing all that on this one video. It could all change when i have it in hand. But it this is what I get then Yeah.. Might not only be the best predator out there it may be the best statue I have ever purchased.

Officially Super Excited.

I agree with 100 percent. Plus after I put some sweat and a little paint love on mine it will look sick. People love to *****. its cool, I get it. I bitched and bitched on the PCS Myers 1/4th cuz that was nothing like the Prototype. That pissed me off. To no extent. But this is almost dead on. Regardless of some paint issues that are easily fixable. Now sculpt you can't fix. They nailed that. So, I am 100 percent happy. I mean I own the old side show Maquette and the wolf. So, this will look great. I am going to add a bunch of touch ups. But I don't feel it needs so much. But this looks incredible. The one third I can ***** about. Its fat, they need to fix it. They do that I probably will be in on that too. But This is great. Not much else to say. Those that don't like it. I get it. I been their. But I don't see anything thats far off of the prototype at all.

So, can't compare 100% to movie.

We're not. We're comparing to this:

dY9thuC.jpg

JExiYRV.jpg

FOsWmDL.jpg

5tfgouB.jpg

And looking back at this prototype, it's still the most incredible statue I've ever seen. If I could choose between what's in these photos and the prototype for the new 1/3, I'd actually take this one. It's that bloody good, which is why their screwing up the paint on the production version is such a sore spot.

By the way, have we critiqued the paint on the base? I think we should:

p1-biggame-base.png

Last edited:
We're not. We're comparing to this:

dY9thuC.jpg

JExiYRV.jpg

FOsWmDL.jpg

5tfgouB.jpg

And looking back at this prototype, it's still the most incredible statue I've ever seen. If I could choose between what's in these photos and the prototype for the new 1/3, I'd actually take this one. It's that bloody good, which is why them screwing up the paint on the production version is such a sore spot.

Have we critiqued the paint on the base too? I think we should.

p1-biggame-base.png

We read you loud and clear! But man I heard gripes over dumb ****. I get if the sculpt is off. But some plain paint is no big deal to me. Especially when I can paint and make it an easy fix. But if you don't like it cool bro!!! Just move on... We get it. As can tell their are no 100 percent perfect statues. I own some grails and even those aren't perfect. Got to be a time to call it a day bro and move on... Not sure what your trying justify anymore. We heard your complains. We get it! Only time I really get upset over a statue is when the sculpt is ****. Myers PCS 1/4 I talked mad **** on and I don't mind talking **** on it because that was a very bad statue and pple justified it being great. But the only time I kept that going was when people took it personal. I don't take your complaints personal. But we get what you don't like. Now its just a matter of repeating yourself. So, again, Im sure I can speak for many we get what you don't like. But when something is that easy to fix, I don't gripe. I think the one prime one statue that I didn't need to touch up was the alien 3 one. But the joker heath was horrible. I had to repaint the whole thing. But this I see just some flat paint. Nothing more than that. Now lets all move on. Everyone is entitled to what they like and don't. Peace. But the bigger picture is TOMORROW and that is for all those that gave all for this COUNTRY. I owe them my life. I miss all those that I lost and that I served with. My brothers and sisters. We are so lucky to be having opinions over this stuff. To all those who gave all. RIP!!! I will honor all of you tomorrow!!!

Yikes i didnt even look at the base. I actually thought the base looked really good. Not so much after seeing that Blade haha. But yeah I much prefer the base and pose on this compared to the 1/3 too (might be due to me owning the CM).

Those quills look sharp and yeah the base has lost some finer details. Hmmm prob need to dial down my expectations for the 1/3, there definitely going to compromise on that one too, the nature of the business I guess.

It's not even that different, lol. Yeah there's a difference, but I'm not naive enough to expect custom-level paint jobs on a mass-produced piece. This looks close enough to those pics to me:

predator_08.jpg

This is base on comic guys. So, can't compare 100% to movie.

It's more 87 than the Big Game #2 cover. Prime 1 is just working around the license like they did with the non-scale city hunter wall mount (and TDKR Batman). The pose, spear and bag is comic based. Everything else, including, the scorpion and hopper dog tags scream 87.

Quills size is wrong. Too bulky and not pointy. Forehead is way too dark.

Quills looks a bit different, but they're fine. Forehead colouring is difficult to judge because of the difference in lighting in the two photos. Based on all of the videos released so far, the paint doesn't look much different than the proto to me.

Still looks amazing!

Quills looks a bit different, but they're fine. Forehead colouring is difficult to judge because of the difference in lighting in the two photos. Based on all of the videos released so far, the paint doesn't look much different than the proto to me.

Still looks amazing!

I can clearly see that forehead is way too dark. Even Roscoe0583 said that in his Big Game review.

192000854-3753443111430879-140804599374263513-n.jpg

Back