Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I was just looking at the Prime 1 Cracked tusk on Sideshow, it keeps drawing me in and I'm thinking of biting the bullet. But what stands out to me is that Sideshow are asking $313 shipping for it to the UK. That thing is absolutely HUGE! And it's on pre order so they have to ship it from Prime 1, and then half way across the world again to me. So what are Prime 1 doing wrong to have such silly shipping costs? And why aren't they simply listing all of their Predators on Sideshow if Sideshow can still charge realistic shipping prices? Sure Prime 1 will have to pay SSC a cut, but presumably that cut is less than they will lose in cancellations after asking $1k+ shipping on this. And they have plenty of other stuff listed via them already. Seems like a good work around for now maybe....

. . . And why aren't they simply listing all of their Predators on Sideshow if Sideshow can still charge realistic shipping prices? Sure Prime 1 will have to pay SSC a cut, but presumably that cut is less than they will lose in cancellations after asking $1k+ shipping on this. And they have plenty of other stuff listed via them already. Seems like a good work around for now maybe....

Yeah . . . but . . . dealing with Sadshow . . .
fearful.gif

Yeah . . . but . . . dealing with Sadshow . . .
fearful.gif

Yeah, I know you're not a fan. But it's their product that lets them down sometimes. They're not bad at all to deal with as a distributer. If anything, you'd be much better dealing with them rather than Prime 1 direct should an issue arrise. At least you can get hold of them easily and get a quick reply. Plus money talks ultimately. If Sideshow can sell these things and offer more reasonable shipping quotes, I'm all for it. In fact I'd prefer it, I'd cancel both my Jungle and City hunter orders and transfer them to Sideshow tomorrow if I could.

Yeah, I know you're not a fan . . .

Take that back! - I love their exceptional use of franchise licences, their art direction, their QC, their honesty with materials used, their fair offers of compensation, their customer service - a reliable and honorable company by all accounts.

. . . They're not bad at all to deal with as a distributer. If anything, you'd be much better dealing with them rather than Prime 1 direct should an issue arise. At least you can get hold of them easily and get a quick reply . . .

I'll wait and seen how my 1st 2 direct PRIME1 purchases/deliveries/products go - then I'll be able to comment on that :pray:

Fingers crossed for us all regardless.

I'd cancel both my Jungle and City hunter orders and transfer them to Sideshow tomorrow if I could.

I did exactly this for the JH. Will be ultimately a few hundred cheaper to go locally AND gives me a further 8 months to pay ot off, which is great as I really couldn't afford this and CH at this very moment. I still have CH cominf via Prime 1 tho, need that exclusive hand

Digging what I've seen except for those shipping costs yikes. I was quoted $169 for shipping to the Midwest US back when I PO from them.i could justify a couple hundred more tops but over that I'm out

I did exactly this for the JH. Will be ultimately a few hundred cheaper to go locally AND gives me a further 8 months to pay ot off, which is great as I really couldn't afford this and CH at this very moment. I still have CH cominf via Prime 1 tho, need that exclusive hand

For what it's worth, I just had a statue delivered from the US and wasn't charged import fees. Prior to this, I had some gym equipment delivered from the US 3 weeks ago and wasn't charged import fees for that either. Not sure if they've temporarily stopped charging import fees in Aus due to covid or something, but thought I'd let you know.

For what it's worth, I just had a statue delivered from the US and wasn't charged import fees. Prior to this, I had some gym equipment delivered from the US 3 weeks ago and wasn't charged import fees for that either. Not sure if they've temporarily stopped charging import fees in Aus due to covid or something, but thought I'd let you know.

Interesting. Only problem is is that these are coming out of Japan, so it could possibly still be taxed, however who knows. Ill happily pay $100aud more for 8 months extra pay time and being able to return it way easier if something is wrong. Delaying this will comfortably let me get CH and order Big Chap, as I guarantee itll be impossible to find once it sells out

Interesting. Only problem is is that these are coming out of Japan, so it could possibly still be taxed, however who knows. Ill happily pay $100aud more for 8 months extra pay time and being able to return it way easier if something is wrong. Delaying this will comfortably let me get CH and order Big Chap, as I guarantee itll be impossible to find once it sells out

Yeah I'd go local for this too if I could, just for peace of mind.

You talking about the big chap selling out or predator?

Yeah I'd go local for this too if I could, just for peace of mind.

You talking about the big chap selling out or predator?

Big chap. I dont think this will sell out anytime soon given the iffy launch. That could change once proper reviews come out however.

Big chap will likely be like the Dog Alien, and based on how quickly one that sold out with 1500, I'd hate to imaginr how quick 500 across three different styles will sell out

Big chap. I dont think this will sell out anytime soon given the iffy launch. That could change once proper reviews come out however.

Big chap will likely be like the Dog Alien, and based on how quickly one that sold out with 1500, I'd hate to imaginr how quick 500 across three different styles will sell out

Yeah fair enough. Goodluck with it.

238.00 is still the quote I get on this piece.. Thats for my original order and if I put in a new order.

I put in an order for City Hunter to see its price.. This is what comes up.. I live in NY FYI.

• Economy Shipping + Temporary Surcharge - $87.00
    • * Expected Delivery Time: 1-3 months once the final payment is paid.
    • * The total purchase amount with the shipping fees does include the customs duties.
    • * In some cases, these customs duties, taxes and others levies if applicable may be charged by your country's customs authority and collected by the carrier.
    • * Please note that the shipping cost might be changed later due to the shipping company's revision of fares etc.

• Standard Shipping + Temporary Surcharge - $274.00
    • * Expected Delivery Time: 1-3 weeks once the final payment is paid.
    • * The total purchase amount with shipping fees doesn't include customs duties, sales taxes or the other levies if applicable.
    • * In some cases, these customs duties, taxes and others levies if applicable require to be charged by your country's customs authority and collected by the carrier.
    • * It is your responsibility to inquire the amount of duties and taxes you will owe prior to your shipment.
    • * Please note that the shipping cost might be changed later due to the shipping company's revision of fares etc.
The shipping cost is temporary increased due to the current worldwide situation.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Its weird because some people recieved emails for their orders being prepared to ship (with updated shipping costs) and some didnt. Maybe its a first in best dressed scenario. I ordered within 5m of them putting it up for P.O, yet someone I know who took a month or two hasn't recieved their shipping notice.

When did you guys P.O?

Its weird because some people recieved emails for their orders being prepared to ship (with updated shipping costs) and some didnt. Maybe its a first in best dressed scenario. I ordered within 5m of them putting it up for P.O, yet someone I know who took a month or two hasn't recieved their shipping notice.

When did you guys P.O?

I ordered the day they added the spear. (And upped the UK shipping by $50, not that it'll matter much ultimately I fear) Not sure when that was. But my order hasn't updated yet.

What worries me, is that if they charge us for these insane shipping rates before we’re even given the option of cancelling. I read on one of the other groups from someone receiving an email say it’s ready to ship & within 2hrs he’d been charged.

Back