Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought you said you were out.

You guys keep sucking my back in with your "the world is ending" posts. What can I say, I guess I'm a sucker for whining.

So your basing your opinion not on evidence, but estimates you found online? Yeah, okay fam.

Who said my opinion is not based on evidence? I looked it up on my account on Prime 1. Those are my shipping numbers. Okay, fam?

JH Invoice.jpg
Victim Invoice.jpg

There it is fam, the world is not ending.

Last edited:
My shipping is only $339 for CH, and thats the nee updated price I got emailed 30 mins ago. Was $779 for this JH piece. So if the CH is $700+ for you guys, good luck wirh the JH prices lmao

As I just posted on the PRIME1 City Hunter thread . . .

I think those crazy shipping prices must be a mistake on PRIME1's part - I'm in BC, Canada.

I mean, $314 isn't cheap by any means, but it's what I was expecting given the current situation.

(* regardless, its great of them to offer complete refunds! *)

image.png

No Ian, that reasonable shipping number just can't be real....if you listen to all of this nonsense.

LOL :hi5:

Jason - this is an intervention - step AWAY from the keyboard my friend . . . . :lol

Joking aside - I'm guessing that PRIME1 have an automated system that is doing this estimation for them - and it's SERIOUSLY defective.

If folks are concerned, feel free to use my snapshot & contact PRIME1 to ask why the difference.

I suppose it's also possible that it may depend on air traffic volume (we're a major hub here in Vancouver), but those revised quotes are just insane - no-one will be paying that (including me if they re-revise) :cuckoo:

I think the intervention should be for "the sky is falling" crowd, who act on emotions and fly off the handle, w/o using calm and reasoning. :wink1:

I think the intervention should be for "the sky is falling" crowd, who act on emotions and fly off the handle, w/o using calm and reasoning. :wink1:

I look forward to reading the mental gymnasti-- er, reasoning you use when your $1500 statue arrives with a Sideshow paintjob. And I hope I'm wrong!

We'd much rather celebrate the release of a landmark Predator piece, no one wants to be obnoxious or dramatic. It's simply better to let Prime 1 know we have concerns early on than to keep quiet until international shipments arrive. At that point, if those concerns turn out to be justified, it will be too late.

It's no secret Prime 1's been slipping over the last year. Not every time, but enough to notice. Don't know about you, but I'd rather try and slow that trajectory if possible.

I look forward to reading the mental gymnasti-- er, reasoning you use when your $1500 statue arrives with a Sideshow paintjob.

We'd much rather celebrate the release of a landmark Predator piece, no one wants to be obnoxious or dramatic. It's simply better to let Prime 1 know we have concerns early on than to keep quiet until international shipments arrive. At that point, if those concerns turn out to be justified, it will be too late.

And that is a rational response. But, what's done is done here. They will not be reworked, nor or are in a currently being completed state. The run is done, and at this point it is what it is. If you like it, buy it. If you don't, then don't. It's really that simple. There will be more Preds down the line, and hopefully one will turn out to everyone's liking.

Maybe so. It sounds like they've halted or delayed production before. They've certainly distributed solutions to other kinds of problems after the fact (creating a pillar to help with Hush Batman's leaning issue post-release). I don't know what they can do for this, especially considering the global situation, but if piping up can help in even the smallest way...

well.gif

You guys with the constant panic button issues...sheesh

My shipping is $232 standard shipping for JH, $142 economy shipping for the victim.

Prime 1 alter their shipping costs when your final payment is due. And multiple customers are recieving four figure shipping readjustments. Among them is one with $1780 shipping, another with $1900. I'd be panicking also. Or laughing and cancelling more likely. Mine went up from $302, to $388 just now. Not nearly as bad fortunately, but still a lot of money in the real world. It's hardly a large statue. My Jungle hunter shipping is currently sat at $248, this will not stay this way.

Prime 1 alter their shipping costs when your final payment is due. And multiple customers are recieving four figure shipping readjustments. Among them is one with $1780 shipping, another with $1900. I'd be panicking also. Or laughing and cancelling more likely. Mine went up from $302, to $388 just now. Not nearly as bad fortunately, but still a lot of money in the real world. It's hardly a large statue. My Jungle hunter shipping is currently sat at $248, this will not stay this way.

To me though, those stand out as obvious errors. I could be wrong (and have been many times before), but I do not think P1 has confirmed to the people in those cases that that is in fact what the shipping charges are and there is no mistake being made. They could no longer have a sustainable business model if their product costs $1800 to ship.

For those folks that have contacted (or were going to contact) PRIME1's customer support - keep this in mind . . .

They return to work Mon 10th May, so it could take a while for them to get back to you (and me).

Hey - the shipping might have changed again by then :lol

Yeah that was me lmao. Says its 'on hold' but i dont know what that means in terms of P.O with Sugo. First time using them

Lol I checked them yesterday and could no longer find it on in their site, thought who's the one with the lightning fingers.

Popcultcha only has the big game pred and fugitive pred. Wish we had more distributors.

Lol I checked them yesterday and could no longer find it on in their site, thought who's the one with the lightning fingers.

Popcultcha only has the big game pred and fugitive pred. Wish we had more distributors.

Yeah kind of sucks hey. Sugo's allotment must have been small. Really don't wanna have to go direct for this. Hoping some people cancel lol.

Same here man. Wish Popcultcha carried the bigger range too. I thibk their 10% off coupons tho do are awesome

Yeah kind of sucks hey. Sugo's allotment must have been small. Really don't wanna have to go direct for this. Hoping some people cancel lol.

I'm sure some will. Im just praying my order get fulfilled lmao. I dont think I've ever been the last one for buying anything before. So this feels alien to me

To me though, those stand out as obvious errors. I could be wrong (and have been many times before), but I do not think P1 has confirmed to the people in those cases that that is in fact what the shipping charges are and there is no mistake being made. They could no longer have a sustainable business model if their product costs $1800 to ship.

Sure, you'd hope that those $1900 shipping quotes are incorrect. But even those of us hovering around $400 are facing a large invoice relative to the size of the statue. And more worryingly (for those of us who have it on order) If you add a Jungle hunter to your cart now, the shipping cost is over $800 which suggests that our shipping rates will alter to this. Adding a City hunter to my cart now throws up the same shipping cost that mine was alterred to yesterday hence the logical deduction. I get that the Prime 1 section has been less enthusiastic than usual this week, I just don't think that it is entirely unwarrented is all. I've got both the Jungle and City hunters mostly paid off. I was already a little bummed with the early JH pics (But still hoping for the best) And the reports of stupidly high shipping costs aren't helping with the current mood. Hopefully it'll all work out and we'll all be happy with our new Predator statues soon....

Back