Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy BDay to Ahnold! What a great way to celebrate!!

Attachments

• 20210730_161510.jpg
    20210730_161510.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 29
Here are more shots of the third application. Anyone know this troll! God, these pple wouldn’t last a day in the military lol!

Attachments

• E06BB1EC-ED75-468D-9CE0-D38B92F29393.jpeg
    E06BB1EC-ED75-468D-9CE0-D38B92F29393.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 61
  • E501D21A-DAD0-4B8F-86DC-2E8F7897D661.jpeg
    E501D21A-DAD0-4B8F-86DC-2E8F7897D661.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 53
The more and more photos I see about this guy the more happy I am with my cancellation. It looks ok, the paintjob is very mediocre and bland, the classic mask is meh (of course I cannot really say anything about it since it is a comic license...but it is far cry from the prototype) and also I wanted a pred from the movie and the 1/3 version looks lot better than this to me. I am glad you guys are happy with this however. Enjoy your piece.
Passive aggressive much?

What's the point though? Sure tastes differ and everyone is entitled to their opinion. But what's the point to come into a thread to piss on something you aren't purchasing?

The time for constructive criticism has passed.
Exactly.

I passed on the 1/4 too, but not because I disliked it. I think it’s an awesome statue. I did preordered and paid for it. But just when it was about to ship, the 1/3 came up, and I cancelled the 1/4 due to lack of room..and of course to use the refund in order to help pay for the 1/3. But not hating at all. You guys scored a great statue. Super congrats.

Sure cause you can only say nice things about something. :slap
There has been talk on other sites and maybe this one about how this piece is now an easy pass because of the 1/3 So people may be up and ready to defend this because of that.

There is another way you could have maybe phrased that comment but I know why you posted what you did…You were considering it at one point but passed and now with in hand pics you are glad you did… Especially with the 1/3 coming.

would your feelings still be the same if there was no 1/3 to order?

Anyways I am getting this piece and I had no issue with your post. It came off as passive aggressive but that don’t mean how you meant it and i have seen many do that in the past.

personally I only post about pieces I don’t like if I end up owning it…. Usually I just move in .

So it’s kind of hard to pic up the sweat but in person u can tell the difference. It’s like night and day. I want to eventually do the whole body. Which I stated as well. Makes it look like a moist reptile. So much more potential I can add too. Just work and then time. Let me know what u think. If I should do it to the masks. I did it to the comic mask but I can easily wipe it off. It makes it look great. But my opinion. Anyways. I’ll put more coats after it dries. Let me know what u all think! Wish all well! Peace! Oh I have more work to do so this isn’t the end product lol!
Awesome detailed pictures!

I know pple like this kill me. They act like they do nothing wrong, I bet don't even know what passive aggressive is! Oh it gets better he still rants and goes on his stint.
I mean, it’s okay to criticize, especially when no one had the statue before. But now that you and others have it in person, there’s absolutely no need to keep harping and hating on it. That time has passed. Time to praise the people who are now proudly displaying it. I personally think it looks great.

That gloss really does take this to a new level of realism. Not just one ugly MF but one organic, real looking ugly MF. All statue companies doing future JHs, please take note of this!!

Good luck putting it together, I think all my pieces still don't line up lol!!!
I may have missed it, but how did you tackle adding gloss to the body? The netting seems like a pain to work around.
Happy BDay to Ahnold! What a great way to celebrate!!
Congrats! I have to wait until Monday as there was a delay with mine.

I mean, it’s okay to criticize, especially when no one had the statue before. But now that you and others have it in person, there’s absolutely no need to keep harping and hating on it. That time has passed. Time to praise the people who are now proudly displaying it. I personally think it looks great.
I mean, we ALL could have made the same choice if we wanted to. We all could have cancelled and ordered the 1:3. I didn't because I simply don't want it. I much prefer this instead. It's not like we are all stuck with some poor decision and are now having to live with it, trying our best to convince ourselves that this is an "okay" statue. I think some don't realize this.

I may have missed it, but how did you tackle adding gloss to the body? The netting seems like a pain to work around.

Yes, this is the most time consuming thing about it. This will take weeks. You put up a review yet? I always wait for yours. But the netting is already attached to the statue so if it gets on it, oh well. It just sticks to the body. I really don't care cuz its tight as it is. But I get your concern. It is very difficult if your trying to go around it.

Oh damn I was hoping for your review tonight. I still do not know where some logs go. Now Its a jungle so I may add gloss to a lot of the base too. Just a matter of figuring out where and when. The faces four coats are done and pretty much look wet. So that part is done. The rock I may add puddles. So much potential with this base. I really was hoping you would get it today. To bad. Well, Monday Ill wait for your review. Even with out the gloss it still is an amazing statue. The sculpt is dead on. But I want to know what you think as well. Take care buddy.

I mean, we ALL could have made the same choice if we wanted to. We all could have cancelled and ordered the 1:3. I didn't because I simply don't want it. I much prefer this instead. It's not like we are all stuck with some poor decision and are now having to live with it, trying our best to convince ourselves that this is an "okay" statue. I think some don't realize this.
I agree. My reason for the 1/3 is because when I’m all set and done, I will have four 1/3 Alien statues. The CoolProps Giger maquette. The Dog Alien. The P1 Big Chap action-pose, and the CoolProps Alien Warrior. So I need at least one 1/3 Predator to compliment my 1/3 Alien collection. I have a very small display room. It’s about one third the size of your collection room (which is awesome by the way). Believe me, if I had more room, I’d get the 1/4 Big Game and the Hunter Victim tree as well. Man, sometimes I hate living in bloody Northern California Bay Area (the year round weather is fantastic though). The houses are so expensive. My little two bedroom bungalow will get me a friggin mansion anywhere else, lol. Well, the collection is in a backyard cottage I had built, so at least I managed extra space on that, lol. Maybe I should move to Texas or something, I can get a huge house with full basement, three car garage, and a friggin pool, lol.

Last edited:
Back