Statue Prime 1: Batman (Fabok) 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would love to get this but having a hard time working out how to display something 70cm deep. Is there anything other than a customer display case or a dining table that this will fit?

Unless I'm missing something from what he's saying, it doesn't sound like there is any issue to correct. He placed them in the wrong place for added interest, Prime 1 have placed them where they should be.

It's strange, I spend most of my time in the Predator threads where all we request is a little more accuracy at times when it's so often lacking, people tell us we're too demanding and then ask for an accurate Batman to be "corrected" :lol And I'm being lighthearted with that little observation, I do actually agree that they look better on the side as the artwork depicts. But I don't think it's a huge issue really, this statue looks phenomenal to me either way. It's the first DC statue I've been tempted to actually buy....

Fabok was talking about the 3D model render. No one is commenting if the fins/spikes are on the actual prototype that was painted up. If they are on the back and can't be seen, at least they're there. If they're missing, I'd like them added. If they have to be added, I'd like them to be visible just like they are in the original art source. Either way, I've already purchased this and paid for it in full. However, until we hear from a P1 Rep, we don't officially know anything. Especially since Fabok's comments were based on a model render and not the actual painted prototype.

Last edited:
Would love to get this but having a hard time working out how to display something 70cm deep. Is there anything other than a customer display case or a dining table that this will fit?

I'm in the same boat. I've got to figure out a display spot for this. Fortunately, I live in a fairly large 4 bdrm home with a basement so I'll figure it out when I get it. I just knew I had to have this the moment I saw it.

Fabok was talking about the 3D model render. No one is commenting if the fins/spikes are on the actual prototype that was painted up. If they are on the back and can't be seen, at least they're there. If they're missing, I'd like them added. If they have to be added, I'd like them to be visible just like they are in the original art source. Either way, I've already purchased this and paid for it in full. However, until we hear from a P1 Rep, we don't officially know anything. Especially since Fabok's comments were based on a model render and not the actual painted prototype.

Unless I’m misunderstanding something the problem with that is that the fins would have to be between somewhere in the vicinity of 90-180 degrees off from where they’re usually depicted as being located for it to be showing up like in the art?

Given the debate occurring maybe they’ll provide an additional interchangeable set of gauntlets.

Unless I’m misunderstanding something the problem with that is that the fins would have to be between somewhere in the vicinity of 90-180 degrees off from where they’re usually depicted as being located for it to be showing up like in the art?

Given the debate occurring maybe they’ll provide an additional interchangeable set of gauntlets.

Either way, I'd like them on there. We'll see what P1 says on the topic if they address it.

I'm not blaming Fabok at all. Hell, I'm not even upset with P1. This piece isn't going to ship until the summer of 2022 (that's if there's no delays). That's plenty of time for P1 to correct the issue. I'd just like someone from P1 address the issue and hopefully correct it.

Oh, I know you weren't. I just put that to make it clear since sometimes people glance over what is written and misconstrue what is being said. I didn't want to start something when that wasn't the intention.

Oh, I know you weren't. I just put that to make it clear since sometimes people glance over what is written and misconstrue what is being said. I didn't want to start something when that wasn't the intention.

No worries. It looks like the fins issue is resolved.

Fabok was talking about the 3D model render. No one is commenting if the fins/spikes are on the actual prototype that was painted up. If they are on the back and can't be seen, at least they're there.

Ahhh, that'll be the bit I missed. If you all keep on at Prime, they will likely respond. I find the best way to get hold of them is to send a message on Facebook if you have it.

We've become so desensitized to price increases that this is 50% more than the same size statues released two or three years ago from Prime 1 and it doesn't get brought up at all

We've become so desensitized to price increases that this is 50% more than the same size statues released two or three years ago from Prime 1 and it doesn't get brought up at all

Ya man at this rate 1/3 scale statues will cost north of 2k a pop in couple years, basically the same i paid for my 1/2 scale black suit superman statue lol

Honestly I only recently started look at statues after collecting Hot Toys for a few years. I know Prime 1 is a big name in the industry, and at least their pieces seem to hold their value if you can find them for sale. I would certainly be able to bring home more if they were under $1,000 shipped versus the $1,500 this will be when all said and done.

I’d like the entire Dark Knight Metal line, but to collect them all would be $10,000+ all said and done.

I'm not a big 1/3 scale collector. Just don't have the room. I'm mainly a 1/4 and 1/6 scale collector. I've completely shut the door on collecting ANY 1/3 Marvel pieces. If I open the door to even one Marvel piece, I know I'm in trouble. Batman is my favorite comic character so I'll make space for him. Joker and Deathstroke are my 2 favorite DC villains so I did buy the P1 Arkham Origins Deathstroke years ago with the idea of eventually getting a 1/3 Batman and Joker to display with Slade. When I saw this Fabok piece I knew I found my 1/3 Bats. Funny enough, I decided to go with the P1/Blitzway Ledger Joker instead of a comic Joker to finish off my 1/3 display. I was just blown away by the Ledger Joker and I couldn't resist it.

That all said, I'm actually glad I don't have room to add more 1/3 pieces. Nowadays with 1/3 statues costing 2 to 3 times more than PFs...I'd have a hard time laying out that kind of cash on a regular basis. So, I'll stick to the three 1/3 pieces that I own/ordered and continue to try and finish off my 1/6 & 1/4 collection. You guys are right, at $1500 a pop (or more in some cases), a large 1/3 collection would be brutal on the wallet.

Going down a 1/3 scale rabbit hole is scary! That's why I stay away from 1/3 scale.

...I do see myself getting tempted to get the P1 Fabok WW vs Hydra piece, tho. If I do, that'll be my only 1/3 scale.

Wonder Festival. Pics by Leo Leung.

a6lFE1x.jpg

fmz0Xcs.jpg

Honestly I only recently started look at statues after collecting Hot Toys for a few years. I know Prime 1 is a big name in the industry, and at least their pieces seem to hold their value if you can find them for sale. I would certainly be able to bring home more if they were under $1,000 shipped versus the $1,500 this will be when all said and done.

I’d like the entire Dark Knight Metal line, but to collect them all would be $10,000+ all said and done.

I would say that if you pull up sold listings ob ebay, by and large most pieces are money losers when you factor in the person originally paid a couple hundred in shipping plus tax. Factor in another couple hundred bucks for shipping when they sell plus ebay fees and the $800 retail statues was probably $1100 minimum so they'll need to sell for around $1400 just to break even

Any recommendations of who has the cheapest price currently for him? Leaning towards Sideshow because of their customer service (really good from my personal experience) however willing to go with another seller if there is a decent price difference.... thanks in advance!

Back