Statue Prime 1: Batman (Fabok) 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PRIME 1 PO...
https://www.prime1studio.com//dcbm-...concept-design-by-jason-fabok-mmdc-50dxs.html

Batman Detective Comics #1000
(Concept Design By Jason Fabok)DX Bonus Version
Limited Edition 1000
$1,449.00

One (1) themed base
Four (4) Swappable Heads (Raised, Lowered, Left Facing, Right Facing)
Two (2) Chest Logos (Classic Yellow Oval, Current Gold-lined Large Bat)
One (1) Batman-Bust themed Head Stand
One (1) Art Print Hand-Signed by Jason Fabok [Deluxe Bonus Version Only]

PO...
Bust Only. https://www.prime1studio.com/dcbm-batman-detective-comics-1000-pbdc-07.html

Batman (Comics)
Batman Detective Comics #1000
Limited Edition TBA
$149.00

Attachments

• 0mmdc-50_bonus.jpg
    0mmdc-50_bonus.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 129
  • mmdc-50dx_a03.jpg
    mmdc-50dx_a03.jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 114
  • pbdc-07_a07.jpg
    pbdc-07_a07.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 115
So, I looked at pics and videos of this before I pulled the trigger and must say I'm incredibly impressed with this statue. I'm usually a stickler for the classics but the positive vibes I get when I look at this are overwhelming. When I saw it, I knew I had to have it.

Even though I love this statue, there will be some minor changes I'll make to it in time. I will be adding black trunks, a square belt buckle, and modifying the modern black emblem into a Lee/hush emblem. Those changes will make this the perfect Batman statue for me even though I still think it looks fantastic as is. Honestly, the only thing I don't care for about this statue is the right facing portrait. I just don't like the open mouth on it and it will be staying in the box. My hats off to P1. They did an amazing job of nailing Fabok's art.

The more I look at this, the more I want it. If I wasn't still tinkering on the edge of buying their Big chap. This would easily be my first none Alien/Predator major statue purchase in many years.

Wow, I missed something on this statue that should be corrected by P1 before it gets released. Bats is missing the fins on his gloves. It's in the original art but missing on the statue.

filip629 Good catch.. very hard to notice in the photos because they are so dark.. the gauntlets blend into Black with the cape.I hope P1 hears about this.Plenty of time for them to fix it.

I'm sure it was on the 3D model, but I can't tell if they put them on the statue. They may or may not have; it's hard to tell.

I'm sure it was on the 3D model, but I can't tell if they put them on the statue. They may or may not have; it's hard to tell.

Either way, I would've liked to be able to see them. You can clearly see them on the Fabok cover art. You can't see them on the statue.

Fabok basically confirmed they are on the statue, but seems to be defending the reason they aren't visible like on his art

Accurate or not, we'd like to see them lol

Either way, I would've liked to be able to see them. You can clearly see them on the Fabok cover art. You can't see them on the statue.

Don't get me wrong; I absolutely want them on the statue. Fabok responded a second time to somebody on FB basically unsure as they were on the 3D model. I'm sure they were, but I have a feeling that they were removed while they worked on the cape and not put back. Prime 1 stated that they went through multiple revisions of that cape.

Fabok stated that he had to bend the perspective on the fins for effect in his art. I don't expect the statue to have the bent perspective, but I do expect it to have the fins on the gloves. To be clear, I'm not blaming Fabok at all since he could only see the 3D sculpt they sent him and he's not Prime 1 who is producing the statue. This falls 100% on Prime 1. It's okay if they made a mistake, but they need to fix that mistake.

I’m not even sure there is an issue in the first place.

You can see how both arms are twisted, meaning the fins would be pointed backwards/towards the body.

I’ve looked at all the images and none of them give me a good enough view to show whether they’re there or not, as the particular angle that I’m looking for is always hidden by the cape or rest of the body.

I’m not even sure there is an issue in the first place.

You can see how both arms are twisted, meaning the fins would be pointed backwards/towards the body.

I’ve looked at all the images and none of them give me a good enough view to show whether they’re there or not, as the particular angle that I’m looking for is always hidden by the cape or rest of the body.

I agree, I may end up eating my words though lol

Although confirmation from prime 1 would be nice

I agree, it would be nice if Prime 1 just confirmed they are there or not. If they're not there, then they need to be added. These aren't optional parts in his suit design.

Don't get me wrong; I absolutely want them on the statue. Fabok responded a second time to somebody on FB basically unsure as they were on the 3D model. I'm sure they were, but I have a feeling that they were removed while they worked on the cape and not put back. Prime 1 stated that they went through multiple revisions of that cape.

Fabok stated that he had to bend the perspective on the fins for effect in his art. I don't expect the statue to have the bent perspective, but I do expect it to have the fins on the gloves. To be clear, I'm not blaming Fabok at all since he could only see the 3D sculpt they sent him and he's not Prime 1 who is producing the statue. This falls 100% on Prime 1. It's okay if they made a mistake, but they need to fix that mistake.

I'm not blaming Fabok at all. Hell, I'm not even upset with P1. This piece isn't going to ship until the summer of 2022 (that's if there's no delays). That's plenty of time for P1 to correct the issue. I'd just like someone from P1 address the issue and hopefully correct it.

I'm not blaming Fabok at all. Hell, I'm not even upset with P1. This piece isn't going to ship until the summer of 2022 (that's if there's no delays). That's plenty of time for P1 to correct the issue. I'd just like someone from P1 to address the issue and hopefully correct it.

That's plenty of time for P1 to correct the issue. I'd just like someone from P1 to address the issue and hopefully correct it.

Unless I'm missing something from what he's saying, it doesn't sound like there is any issue to correct. He placed them in the wrong place for added interest, Prime 1 have placed them where they should be.

It's strange, I spend most of my time in the Predator threads where all we request is a little more accuracy at times when it's so often lacking, people tell us we're too demanding and then ask for an accurate Batman to be "corrected" :lol And I'm being lighthearted with that little observation, I do actually agree that they look better on the side as the artwork depicts. But I don't think it's a huge issue really, this statue looks phenomenal to me either way. It's the first DC statue I've been tempted to actually buy....

Whilst I agree that this might be a mountain out of a molehill, fabok only confirmed the fins were on the 3d render, so that's why people just want confirmation from p1 that they're on the final product

Not to dump on p1 but if this were queen studios we'd prob get accurate and non accurate swap out options :rotfl

Back