Present Toys - 1/6 PT-57-PT-58 Ghost Hunting Squad (Ghostbusters)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if I don't agree with others' opinions on a figure from time to time, I can usually see the virtues from their POV.

However, I can't see it on this one. Venkman looks really bad, IMO. It will only get worse with production.

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 11.35.03.png

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 11.37.44.png

I'm hoping it's cheap enough to throw away the sculpt and keep the rest, but I'm not convinced they'll do a good job with the suit.

Also wish there was a clear view of the elbow pads, because they don't look right from this angle.

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 11.47.03.png

These are replicas I have on a mannequin. Not exact, but the closest you can buy at full scale.

IMG_4941.jpg

I have their Edward Scissorhands on pre-oprder and regret it before I've even seen the final figure. Praying it's okay.

Last edited:
Just…buy the Blitzway versions. If you think they are too much money stop buying other figures and sell some stuff to make the money. You won’t regret it.

These look to be yet another Present Toys release where the figures will require additional tweaking in order to look decent.

The sculpts for Venkman are caricature looking.

Depending on price, I'll pick these up and add them to the queue of figures requiring additional work.

Since I cannot afford the Blitzway ones I'll definitely pick these up. I'm saying that as a huge accuracy nut for Ghostbusters. I could say accuracy wise, pretty much everything is not screen accurate (Even the Blitzway ones are not accurate either) but toy wise it isn't bad. If another company is willing to put the whole squad out that's more accurate I'm all ears, but till then this is the only option.

I searched my Flickr accounts for photos of my Blitzway set and couldn't find any. :unsure:

So I quickly snapped some more.

Blitzway's paint must be good because I literally shoved the camera in their faces with the flash on.

100_4079.JPG
100_4083.JPG
100_4085.JPG

Well, not all the paint was good, of course...

100_4081.JPG

:horror

The sculpts feel like a cross between the movie and the cartoon series, and yet Winston still looks better than Blitzway's attempt.
Strong disagree. BW Winston may have been purple, but the sculpt at least looked exactly like Ernie Hudson. This new version on the other hand looks absolutely nothing like him.

I like that they've tried to do sculpts with actual expressions, sadly they just don't look very much like the actors.
Don't regret selling my Blitzway set. Sculpts for Ray and Egon in particular were very good but they only looked good in the most basic museum pose. If you set them up firing their wands they just looked ridiculous with their empty, lifeless stares.

It's amazing how much more fun it is posing figures and taking pics when the sculpts have some life to them. Hopefully Mars Toys do the Ghostbusters sooner or later. They'd get the likeness and capture the essence of each character like they've done with the Romero Joker.

View attachment 631853

PRESENT TOYS New Product: 1:6 collectible toy – Ghost hunting squad V

PRESENT TOYS is proud to release a new product: 1:6 collectible toy –Ghost hunting squad V.

Product Specs:
Name: Ghost hunting squad V
Product Number: PT-sp57
Scale: 1/6

Product List:
2Head sculpture .
1Body.
6 Pair of Gloved Hands.
1 set of Proton Pack equipped with
The Cyclotron and Power cell which have working light that light up operated by a switch The Proton Wand which has working light that light up operated by a switch.
1 set of Proton Beam which can be assembled to the Proton Wand.
1 Radio Set with HolsterShoulder holster .
1 yellow rubber connector.
1 Figure Stand.

Costume:
Flight suit Brown*1
Black T-shirt *1
Elbow pads *2
Light gray belt *1
Boots*2

Estimate release date 2023 4th - 2024 1st quarter
(subject to the actual delivery time of the manufacturer.)

Shipping date: 4th quarter of 2023 - 1st quarter of 2024
(subject to the actual shipping time of the manufacturer.)

View attachment 631854

PRESENT TOYS New Product: 1:6 collectible toy – Ghost hunting squad Z

PRESENT TOYS is proud to release a new product: 1:6 collectible toy –Ghost hunting squad Z.

Product Specs:
Name: Ghost hunting squad Z
Product Number: PT-sp58
Scale: 1/6

Product List:
2Head sculpture .
1Body.
6 Pair of Gloved Hands.
1 set of Proton Pack equipped with
The Cyclotron and Power cell which have working light that light up operated by a switch The Proton Wand which has working light that light up operated by a switch.
1 set of Proton Beam which can be assembled to the Proton Wand.
1 Radio Set with HolsterShoulder holster .
1 yellow rubber connector.
1 Figure Stand.

Costume:
Flight suit Brown*1
Black T-shirt *1
Elbow pads *2
Light gray belt *1
Boots*2

Estimate release date 2023 4th - 2024 1st quarter
(subject to the actual delivery time of the manufacturer.)

To be fair, these aren't the Ghostbusters, they're the Ghost Hunting Squad. :LOL:

5YxTjJJ.gif

I'm hoping it's cheap enough to throw away the sculpt and keep the rest, but I'm not convinced they'll do a good job with the suit.

Also wish there was a clear view of the elbow pads, because they don't look right from this angle.

View attachment 631886

These are replicas I have on a mannequin. Not exact, but the closest you can buy at full scale.

View attachment 631895

I have their Edward Scissorhands on pre-oprder and regret it before I've even seen the final figure. Praying it's okay.

No point. What you're seeing here are the BW suits.

Present toys are always a great starting point for a good figure but typically require some work. I put in a bit of work (and money) to my indy but I’m pretty happy with the final results
I have a ghostbusters sized hole in my collection so I will grab these but I really really hope they tweak the headsculpts
Guess we will see

Back