Present Toys - 1/6 PT-57-PT-58 Ghost Hunting Squad (Ghostbusters)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look bloated, tired and crestfallen from all the years of chasing ghosts. "Who you gonna call? Sad-Ghostbusters!" The outfits seem okay, but the sculpts are haggard.

Present Toys are pretty low in the 3P rankings imo. They go after long neglected franchises, which gets us all excited, but then the final products don’t live up to the hype.

Off the top of my head, Mars, Premier, Art Figures, SooSoo, ToysEra, Six Feet Lane all do superior work to Present Toys.

I've got their Indy figure and that's stellar. It totally lived up to the hype for me.

I've got their Indy figure and that's stellar. It totally lived up to the hype for me.
Yeah, I’ve got that too and find it pretty average. Pants aren’t appropriately baggy, shirt material too thick, buttons too big, belt missing metal loop, leather jacket too thick with too much material bunched in the sleeves, but sculpts are passable.
I also hate oval stands which are still PT’s go-to - not to say SooSoo’s hexagonal grate stand is any more favourable. Mars and Six Lane win for my generic-stand preference.

If nothing else at least they have better stands than Blitzway's floppy wiry things. :lol

Two sculpts for Winston, so maybe Blitzway's can be replaced. :unsure:

Price will determine my level of interest. Not really digging Zeddemore. The left image sculpt looks like something on a 1/12 figure.

I still can't get on board with this while they're using Blitzway items in their promos. Just don't trust what the final figure will come out like.

Tbh I'm not fussed can probably get upgrades to them. The suits ironically aren't blitzway but present did confirm they are currently using blitzway pack as a place holder while they do theirs.

I'm just glad we're getting them. Blitzway were far from perfect.

Tbh I'm not fussed can probably get upgrades to them. The suits ironically aren't blitzway but present did confirm they are currently using blitzway pack as a place holder while they do theirs.

I'm just glad we're getting them. Blitzway were far from perfect.
I don't believe them. Not unless they're using the same factory, patterns, and fabric as the BW ones.

You're right, the BW originals are far from perfect, but still better than these, IMO. Great for people who missed out, and I'm still on the fence trying to decide if I want these to go alongside the full BW set.

These will have to be a bargain, but I suspect close to $200, so not worth me biting.

I’ll probably get them all- even though we haven’t seen a decent looking head sculpt yet. This is better than nothing, which is what my current GB collection consists of. Was really hoping for a deluxe 4 pack just to get them all out of the way in one fell swoop.

If someone asks you if Present Toys delivers, say, "NO!"

But seriously, don't trust they'll deliver a high quality final product.

That paint job 😬

7gyrn7.jpg

review_zeddemore_11.jpg

review_zeddemore_3.jpg

Sculpts are so subjective, and the BW paint is terrible, but I really can't see how people think these sculpts are any better. Venkman looks even worse. Like they watched the cartoon, not the film.

Anyway, it's good that collectors who missed out on the BW versions get a cheaper bite of the apple, and a solid base for upgraded sculpts later.

Present Toys don't pay a licence, but these have a lot of accessories, so price will be interesting. I pre-ordered their Edward Scissorhands, but am concerned about the final quality of the suits and items.

Don't get me wrong, BW painted theirs way too dark, mostly likely done to match the body they used. It's also undersized. I'm looking at ol' pinhead on my shelf right now, but the PT proto is a lumpy mess, and the paint apps are very amateurish.

Yes, Blitzway's Winston wasn't their finest hour. He resides at the back of the Detolf behind his friends due to the scale and darkness. I think Present's could be an improvement, at least if it's lighter and scaled correctly.

Back