PREMIER TOYS 1/6 Leader of Marauders (The Humungus)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's a mixed bag.

I think think the furry cape needs ditching because the underside looks very synthetic.

The revolver looks like it was designed to be left in the box as a prop, because it has a 1970s Action Man quality to it. That was unexpected since Joe and Wez had much higher quality metal revolvers.

I'll live with the body, straighten the legs to smooth out the knee joint and, bend the arms (as long as they don't break!) to hide the elbow joints, and stick him behind Joe and Wez where he was always intended to be.

Humungus' mask was also painted as metal in the N2 action figure series, and it seems like a trend in artwork too.

I'm overall fairly happy with it. I have the same issues Asta has with it. He does not look good under harsh light. He looks plastic and the joints can be glaring. Some of this goes away in certain light. The cape looks a bit stiff. The underside isn't the best, but I have an idea. I'll need to go back and look at some scenes. The missing picture is a bummer. I'm most happy with mask. The parted out pictures looked bad. I can work with what's given. Hopefully this makes it out to me in a week. The coming rains have me worried. Don't want to end up with a soaked box and figure.
Update: Lord Humongus is in the air.

Last edited:
Agree with Asta, mixed bag... but all the Premier Mad Max figures have been so far.

Body swap would be ideal, but I think I'll make do with the plastic one provided as long as it doesn't break. I need to watch the movie again, but maybe I'll dull down the plasticy sheen on the body unless he really does glisten. I never liked his fur cape, so I won't use that either. I think I'll pose him simply -- with microphone, as that's always how I remember him. The gun case will be at his feet.

Meantime, Humungus is scheduled for delivery tomorrow! Left 6 days after Mr J and beat him -- Mr J is still hanging at the airport without update in 4 days.

vid review 2-4-24.jpg

great pics guys, does not look that bad, guess the helmet is my biggest gripe. But still on the fence about it.

Much like Furiosa, maybe this will be a but before vacation to the mountain and do a total overhaul .

sort of a model/figure result.

If there are no delivery mistakes like the last time (they delivered to other address) , they confirmed they are delivering today!!!

about the video review,posted, cool and nice narration, the guy knows the movie, but he coud do more close ups or zooms, specially of the box, the head and hair in the back. But nevermind, I will have him soon.

Nice figure for the money we paid.

- Mele arm is diecast
- Body is a bit glossy, I will try to change to m35 .
- Not including the pic (not a problem) in the revolver book (wood and hinged) but they included the microphone!! Do they read us?
-The mask needs a repaint but that is not a problem for me.
-The fur coat is a disappointment, will have to work on that

I always wanted a Humungus, I love making customs but it was a lot of work and did not like the heads available in ebay or the accuraccy of the leather costume by Gustavo Bautista or Geewhiz.. With this figure, it is a good starting point :)

Costume and pic by Geewhiz and I added the Premier Toys head . Not bad

240447439_4261807920568117_1451489456917538416_n.jpg

I just watched that YouTube review, and now seeing in hand pix.. mm I'm tempted by this and I wasn't even keeping him on my radar at all..
After spending a lot of time and effort getting my Wez up to scratch I could see this being another passion project but I just don't think I'm in for all the costs once a phicen enters the frame.. all of sudden it's a 'real' figure price then.

But I can't help but think how much fun it would be to get him all weathered properly and then have my Wez on a chain leash... that's something very tempting!!

P4141141.JPG

Things are already bookmarked/watched... let's see you guys can get the excitement levels up enough to fully commit!

I just watched that YouTube review, and now seeing in hand pix.. mm I'm tempted by this and I wasn't even keeping him on my radar at all..
After spending a lot of time and effort getting my Wez up to scratch I could see this being another passion project but I just don't think I'm in for all the costs once a phicen enters the frame.. all of sudden it's a 'real' figure price then.

But I can't help but think how much fun it would be to get him all weathered properly and then have my Wez on a chain leash... that's something very tempting!!

View attachment 687620

Things are already bookmarked/watched... let's see you guys can get the excitement levels up enough to fully commit!

Your Wez looks awesome!!! Love it! :rock

Is he really 34cm tall as advertised?

Kjell Nillson's peak height was estimated to be 6ft 2 ½(189.2 cm), which is 31.5cm in 1/6.

I have a shorter body I'm thinking of using as a replacement that came from the HHModel / HaoyuToys Carthaginian mercenary. It's been too muscular to use for anything else up until now. The joints are a bit better hidden (the knees especially are more flush), without a split across the torso or the extra splits at the shoulders; is painted a more realistic tan, and isn't overly veiny as I don't think Kjell was.

Got mine in. Done the body swap, thats a real pain in the ass:gah:slow and steady is my best advice. The boots dont seem to be compatible with the Phicen ankle peg to, so Im going to have to find a solution for that, just being held in place by friction. The Phicen M35 looks good for Humungo. Got to paint the mask up, maybe some Tamiya flat aluminium will work?
Glad I picked this up though, definitely a workable fig.

H0k2Jvp.jpg

P1neAH5.jpg
EcFC0lr.jpg

TtyXXmU.jpg

Last edited:
Back