Predators - 1/6th scale Classic Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surely in a small minority here, but I honestly prefer the original HT Predator. Granted this one has a better body, a far superior mask, improved paint, and some nice accessories. Still, something about the unmasked face is really bothering me. :dunno

The best 1/6 scale interpretation of classic predator PERIOD.

This figure will sell out very fast.

It actually looks better live than in staged photos.

I thought for a while that this is a frame from predators movie :wink1:

preddo.jpg

Im getting the same feeling with this one as i did with the mkiv. With the mkiv heaps of folks were sitting on the fence due to iron man fatigue but the moment in hand photos came in, those flew off the shelves.

I think thats whats going to happen here. The proportions on this predator is the best we have seen from HTs as far as their regular preds go.

The only hesitation i have with this is the articulation of the figure. I suspect that HT may have made some concessions in the articulation department in order to get it looking this good. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
I'm surely in a small minority here, but I honestly prefer the original HT Predator. Granted this one has a better body, a far superior mask, improved paint, and some nice accessories. Still, something about the unmasked face is really bothering me. :dunno

I agree.:exactly:

The new head sculpt is perfectly proportional in the new predator.

The first HT P1 was called "Bobble head predator" because his head was much bigger than the rest of his body. Which made him look [a bit] like a toy for little kids [although he is still a great piece of art].

PS. the only downside is that the new pred lacks the first P1 medkit.

bobble%20head%20predator.jpg

helmet.jpg

Last edited:
the P1's biomask has it's quirks, yes. he still looks good un-masked if you futz his dreads.

well, its HT...knowing they got people stirred up converting this to Stan Winston's beast left and right and when everything is done. they re-release the P1. BAM. :lol

I belive it was NECA.

1413875-badum_tish_super.jpg

The best 1/6 scale interpretation of classic predator PERIOD.

This figure will sell out very fast.

It actually looks better live than in staged photos.

I thought for a while that this is a frame from predators movie :wink1:

preddo.jpg

Its the ONLY 1/6 scale interpretation of classic Predator though, isnt it?:dunno

Re: Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - MMS?

Stop stalking, weirdo. It looks like someone is exaggerating things to save face and make himself look like an angel. The pot calling the kettle blacker. :lol

she trolled and was called on it butters. Plain and simple. You haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about here. But then given your own trolling post right after the one im quoting your lack of objectivity is hardly surprising.

If I had one complaint, it would be the eyes of the helmet. I hope they do something better with them in the final release other than simply painting that part of the helmet a matte black as they've done here on the prototype. It makes the eyes look rather lifeless and toyish. I have the same complaint of Berserker Predator, where they used the same technique. Ideally, the eyes of the helmet would be a reflective black plastic insert.

If I had one complaint, it would be the eyes of the helmet. I hope they do something better with them in the final release other than simply painting that part of the helmet a matte black as they've done here on the prototype. It makes the eyes look rather lifeless and toyish. I have the same complaint of Berserker Predator, where they used the same technique. Ideally, the eyes of the helmet would be a reflective black plastic insert.

I was actually thinking about the same. Thankfully there is still plenty of time untill release, so let's hope the final product will be even better. Although in the movie his "eyes" were also black, but it's the "shiny" effect that needs to be eliminated [from the figurine].

predz.jpg

Last edited:

Good constructive criticism there, i hope for the change too.

The new head sculpt is perfectly proportional in the new predator.

The first HT P1 was called "Bobble head predator" because his head was much bigger than the rest of his body. Which made him look [a bit] like a toy for little kids [although he is still a great piece of art].

PS. the only downside is that the new pred lacks the first P1 medkit.

bobble%20head%20predator.jpg

helmet.jpg

It's always this pic of the old p1 that gets used as a comparison. The pic is obviously from a slightly top down angle...I have him and honestly his head is not that big, it's the darn bio that makes him look so bad. Anyways, the old p1 bio mask was horrendous that's for sure. Can't wait for this new guy to be released!

^ I thought that was some photoshop job deliberately exaggerating the head and shoulder cannon size. Altered photo or not though its not that bad. It is just the biomask being too big and bulky.

^ I thought that was some photoshop job deliberately exaggerating the head and shoulder cannon size. Altered photo or not though its not that bad. It is just the biomask being too big and bulky.

I thought the same thing. But if that's not photo shopped, then it looks terrible. I shoot a lot of photos from that angle and none of them ever made the figure look like a Bobble head.

Back