Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait his dreads are too long? The dreads on the Predators trio are too short. Man what is it with HT and and their predator dreadlocks? :lol

Seriously, the AVP and P2 dreads had the perfect length! Wires or not, they looked a hell of a lot cooler than the current stuff. These ones don't even sit properly, they're so short and skinny.

Am I the only one who thinks it is offensive to call something you do not like "gay"? I teach high school kids, even they are learning not to use that word to belittle things. Most of the people on these forums are adults, but too many of you act like elementary students. These forums keep deteriorating into petty squabbles and stupid comments. I just want to check to see if there are new pics or information on how to get a figure, and I have to sort through hundreds of asinine comments.

Nope, I'm with you on that one. It's sadly become a common issue, just like people who can't seem to learn the difference between 'your' and 'you're', 'their', 'they're' and 'there'. Whenever you ask them about it, they use the fact that everyone does it as an excuse and they wonder why we bother to have multiple versions anyway since it's always so gosh-darn hard to remember. It really isn't, I never understood what was so difficult there...

@sprig0701: No such thing as overboard for Pitu. That's why he's awesome. Guy's not afraid to censor his emotion around kickass stuff like this. Respect.

And, I've never seen him not absolutely love something. I've not seen everything he has reviewed, but enough to get the impression he'll like about anything. The lack of critique damages his "reviewer" credibility IMO.

But, his videos tend to have good shots of the product, so they're pretty helpful that way.
I tried watching his review on the 1/4 Pred and made it as far as "wuzz up _____es!" Sorry, if you're going to throw insults out at people like that, I'll spend my time watching someone else's review.
i also like how this chadow predator comes with a skull from the chip.
I can't tell if he has a slight speech impidiment, or if he's over exaggerating one :dunno he's no autobotjohn, but I guess his reviews are kinda humorous.

@sprig0701: No such thing as overboard for Pitu. That's why he's awesome. Guy's not afraid to censor his emotion around kickass stuff like this. Respect.

Whatever works for him. He's definitely "passionate" and kinda humorous, to an extent, but if I'm watching a review I don't want to have to decipher around insults, cussing and over exaggerated hyper active rants, that seem more for show than anything, to see if it's something helpful for me in my decision making process.

Like I said, he's no autobotjohn, but he seems to try a little too hard to be a memorable "character" when making his reviews. Like someone else previously stated, he has some decent camera work, build on that.

And just to clarify, as a member I like p!tu. I've had some chats with him on other threads, and he's a good guy, and pretty decent knowledge of topics he discusses. I'm just not a fan of how overboard he goes on reviews.

i dunno, man. i think he's pretty funny and entertaining. occasionally, on purpose.

i dunno, man. i think he's pretty funny and entertaining. occasionally, on purpose.

I think if he concentrated that excitement and energy into parody type videos, I'd be a frequent on his YouTube channel, but a review should be calm and informative. Not like the Tasmanian Devil on speed after his wife leaves him rants he goes into.

P!tu, do a parody of ABJ! I'd have man love for ya if you did brother :rock

yeah but i actually feel kinda bad after laughing at that guy. plus, p!tu doesn't destroy his collectibles in his reviews.

From Sideshow Collectibles, most likely in a few months. Notice how they're just now getting the HT 10th Anniversary items in. There's a delay, but we'll get 'em. :)

seeing as this is a SDCC/Toy Fair exclusive figure, it won't be months, I imagine within a week or two tops.

Seriously, the AVP and P2 dreads had the perfect length! Wires or not, they looked a hell of a lot cooler than the current stuff. These ones don't even sit properly, they're so short and skinny.

Blade, they are supposed to be super small and skinny. But I agree, they do sit kind of oddly just like Guardian and P1's.
2lj2k3m.jpg

seeing as this is a SDCC/Toy Fair exclusive figure, it won't be months, I imagine within a week or two tops.

It's not an SDCC exclusive, bro...

@sprig0701: Pitu's videos are not exactly reviews, I mean if you look at his older videos he actually does cover what the stuff comes with and his opinions on it. But since most hardcore collectors know very well who he is, his videos are special to us because even if we already know the story behind the product, it's always great to see how he reacts. Pitu's reviews (and wookster's, though they're not related :lol) are what got me into HT in the first place. Plus, his excitement almost adds to your own. After I watched his 1/4 NECA P1 flick, I got pumped for the figure all over again even when I'd had it on my shelf for nearly a week prior. :rock

Blade, they are supposed to be super small and skinny. But I agree, they do sit kind of oddly just like Guardian and P1's.

I know, I was more referring to how their shape affects the way they hang. You never had that with thicker or longer dreads, which makes me think that if HT wants to cover these older designs, it might be best to perhaps cut the bases of the dreads diagonally. Rework the mold or something... but it's doubtful they'll ever do it. Ah, well.

That's good news. Hopefully I'll be near a computer to order one of these dudes. This makes me happy in the pants.

:banana:banana:banana

Damn Blade you're tripping here! It is an exclusive according to HT post and SSC mentions it already.

Hot Toys' post on Facebook
San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) (July 21-24) https://www.comic-con.org/c​ci/ on Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark IV Limited Edition Collectible Figurine (Secret Project). (Predator 2: 1/6th scale Shadow Predator Collectible Figure & Batman Begins: 1/6th scale Batman/ Bruce Wayne (Batsuit Begins Version) Collectible Figure – TBD) <updated>

Sideshow doesn't call it an exclusive but they already mention it on their site which leads us to believe that it may be put up for sale relatively soon and ship along with the other exclusives or around that time. No waiting a long ass time like they did with the Batman two pack.
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=3576...=HotToysBatmanPredator&utm_campaign=prod-blog

Damn Blade you're tripping here! It is an exclusive according to HT post and SSC mentions it already.

Hot Toys' post on Facebook

Sideshow doesn't call it an exclusive but they already mention it on their site which leads us to believe that it may be put up for sale relatively soon and ship along with the other exclusives or around that time. No waiting a long ass time like they did with the Batman two pack.
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=3576...=HotToysBatmanPredator&utm_campaign=prod-blog

Yeah, SSC never mentioned any of those as San Diego Comic-Con exclusives. They said they'll carry them, but they didn't specify any tie to the con or when they'd go up.

Having that said, I just read the SSC post on FaceBook and looked at your link. That post said "coming soon" and "near future", which gives me hope... maybe we won't have to wait too long at all! Now, does SSC put up new product during weekend days? Because tomorrow and the following Saturday, I'll be flying. Until mid-July when I get back, only weekdays and Sundays will work for me. Shouldn't be too much of an issue, but one must be cautious.

Back