Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen even the most firm "idealized" collectors cave once they see some of these pieces side by side in person...idealized vs screen accurate. And once they are bitten by the accuracy bug...it's too late. ;)

I think that's probably right, yes. For my own sake it's probably best that I haven't yet seen any of these screen-accurate props in person, as I'm sure that like each of the SS pieces I've gotten already, that they are much more in person than any camera lens can capture. And then I would inevitably want them.

So stop trying to lure me to the dark side! Are you trying to bankrupt me? :lol
(Thanks for all the insights guys :) waiting on a MR Fett blaster that I'll post in here if I'm brave enough. Won't have the stand or acrylic case with it so I'm gonna try an idea of my own...)

Why do you think eFX is going now with the Legend line? HGC also try in making their ships and vehicles quite accurate, and so are a couple other companies (like Anovos). But the problem is the prop replica/helmet/studio scale market on its own is waaay smaller than figures or statues market.

The moment the idealized collector puts his hands on a real Graflex/MPP lightsaber conversion, on a real Webley converted as Boba Fett blaster, a MGC or real deact. Mauser converted as Han's Blaster, a Sterling E-11 conversion etc. they will easily change their mind regarding accuracy and idealized props. I wouldn't trade my Sterling E-11 for 10 MR Stormie blasters. And once you go this path you get more interested in the real accurate helmets as opposed to the idealized ones.

On the other hand, as I said countless times, I have seen so called prop collectors more interested in the display case, plaque (even better for them if low number or AP, LOL) or the COA, than the prop itself. I'm a prop collector, not a plaque/COA/display case collector. All these trinkets add up to a prop, but they are not the prop. One can have a prop without a plaque or a COA, but how many care about having a COA or a plaque without a prop...

On the other hand, as I said countless times, I have seen so called prop collectors more interested in the display case, plaque (even better for them if low number or AP, LOL) or the COA, than the prop itself. I'm a prop collector, not a plaque/COA/display case collector. All these trinkets add up to a prop, but they are not the prop. One can have a prop without a plaque or a COA, but how many care about having a COA or a plaque without a prop...

Well that does seem a little silly :lol
But I guess everyone has something that they want to really focus on. For me it's getting a select few pieces that can stand on their own until I either can afford to expand my collection or have the space for it.

Thanks for sharing more wisdom, jk. You're a wealth of information and your collection is inspiring! :clap

(And the MR Fett blaster arrived, really love it, but not overwhelmed by how the weathering looks.)

image.jpg
Not completely happy with the look yet, but here's what I'm working with. And yes, I know it's Fett's ESB cape and not the ROTJ one that would match the ROTJ blaster. I don't care. It's all the same character, and I thought this one would look better than just a piece of olive drab :)
(And sorry the quality sucks. Stuck with my ancient iPhone 4s until new phone comes in.)

What do you think?

Congrats on the blaster, looks great! Do you have it with its case or intend to make a custom one? If custom maybe you can include the cape with it in some way.

Thanks guys :) I don't have the case, I do have the dimensions for it but since my blaster is more horizontal it might look a bit odd. I'm not quite sure what I want to do about that... I know I could just do a shorter custom acrylic case over everything, but I'm a little worried that the "museum" sort of look that acrylic/glass would bring might clash with how the blaster on cape looks... unplanned? Whatever the opposite of a museum display is :lol The more I think about it, the more I wonder whether a little dust might actually make the blaster itself look a little more "weathered."

And I haven't yet, Chris. I'm not sure where I'd start with that either, to be honest. But I'm open to any suggestions anyone might have...

View attachment 113722
Not completely happy with the look yet, but here's what I'm working with. And yes, I know it's Fett's ESB cape and not the ROTJ one that would match the ROTJ blaster. I don't care. It's all the same character, and I thought this one would look better than just a piece of olive drab :)
(And sorry the quality sucks. Stuck with my ancient iPhone 4s until new phone comes in.)

What do you think?

While I'm partial to the ESB rifle, yours looks fantastic. Laying on the cape is a great presentation. Look forward to seeing how you cap this off.

And you know that the T-tracks used on this Fett blaster are the same that were used on the Vader sabers, Stormtrooper E-11 blaster and even on DLT-19 Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper rifle? And the T-tracks come from some vintage cupboards with sliding doors.

I thought they looked similar, jk, but had no idea what their original function was. Very cool!

As for the cape, molonlabestudios sells them on ebay. $47 shipped, which I guess isn't a bargain for some canvas that's distressed and weathered(if you want it to be). On the other hand, someone's selling the case and stand for the blaster for $300 right now. So I guess it's all relative :)

Oh, and the secret (just in case someone tries this and can't get the blaster to sit up part way) is that I used just an old pair of tan canvas cargo pants, folded in half and then rolled or balled up on one end slightly so as to prop the blaster up a bit. Cheap solution that provides padding between the heavy blaster and whatever you're displaying it on, and the cape is plenty big to cover it. Though looking again at my photo those look like my pants peeking out on the lower left :lol

Hmm. Too bad the SS life-size bust sells for such inflated prices now. Seems like that would go well behind this...(I know, I know, mixing and matching my ESB/ROTJ Fetts again) But not for $1500. Anyone know if there's a Boba LSB coming ever? Or I guess there's the efx legend sometime in the next 5 years...

I have the Maul LSB, love it, and I've been thinking of getting the efx Maul saber to go with him. ..anyone know anything about that too? From what I've found it's more screen accurate than idealized universe accurate, and I think it looks nice.

I would do something else with your Fett blaster display. Since already the idea of displaying the blaster with the cape is excellent, maybe you can look for a few other Fett greeblies (don't know, maybe a shoulder armor part, some of the tools he carries, wookiee braids etc.) and display them all in a case like Fett would have on his Slave 1. A real bounty hunter armory.

Or maybe the Mandalorian artifact that comes with the EX Premium Format? I know it's just a random symbol, but I might add something to the overall display. Put it on a plate stand.

71511_press01-001.jpg

Boba_1.jpg

That is a nice thing, but I was thinking of something more Fett than a plate. Something 1:1 even if a tiny prop, but which can be more iconic. But that is me, you can do how YOU like

Back