Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome. I trooped during the premier of episode I in my TK and a buddy of mine let me carry his MR E-11. That thing is heavy! My forearm was aching for days after varying that for 4 hours. Wow! You said this one is heavier than the MR?

It's a bit even heavier than MR, remember this also comes with cylinders and real Hengstler counter, 2 greeblies that are not present on the bare looking MR version - that only has a copy of M38 scope and not very accurate t-tracks.

It seems MR wanted to release an "ESB" Stormtrooper blaster with Cylinders or Hengstler added to it, but in fact the ESB version doesn't come with these greeblies, but with others (or with none), and the scope was M19/M32 as opposed to M38/M40 used in ANH (there were a couple using M19 tank scopes on ANH too though).

MR prototype Stormtrooper blaster:

9vl99d.jpg

In the end Sterling conversions, if done well, remain the ultimate Stormtrooper blaster replicas for ANH and ESB (ROTJ is a MGC conversion), beaten just by the real thing. And sometimes the real thing / screen used prop looks worse since some are resin, other are Sterlings but with removed back parts (as the ones from Tunisia shooting) or with missing greeblies. :)

I wouldn't troop with a Sterling or a MR for that matter, because they are HEAVY as hell and for long troops that is killer, besides that you might get in trouble with local police force applying local gun laws. :wink1:

For those that have them. What would or did it cost to put a whole clonetrooper (what ever kind you have) together?

I don't know what the commander is called but I was thinking of getting the black with red commander. The full setup. being I am a big person it would not be going on me (Ya a Big Commander, there is a easy target).

I can never find a price, and its even harder to find someone that makes them.

It's a bit even heavier than MR, remember this also comes with cylinders and real Hengstler counter, 2 greeblies that are not present on the bare looking MR version - that only has a copy of M38 scope and not very accurate t-tracks.

It seems MR wanted to release an "ESB" Stormtrooper blaster with Cylinders or Hengstler added to it, but in fact the ESB version doesn't come with these greeblies, but with others (or with none), and the scope was M19/M32 as opposed to M38/M40 used in ANH (there were a couple using M19 tank scopes on ANH too though).

MR prototype Stormtrooper blaster:

9vl99d.jpg

In the end Sterling conversions, if done well, remain the ultimate Stormtrooper blaster replicas for ANH and ESB (ROTJ is a MGC conversion), beaten just by the real thing. And sometimes the real thing / screen used prop looks worse since some are resin, other are Sterlings but with removed back parts (as the ones from Tunisia shooting) or with missing greeblies. :)

I wouldn't troop with a Sterling or a MR for that matter, because they are HEAVY as hell and for long troops that is killer, besides that you might get in trouble with local police force applying local gun laws. :wink1:

Nice, if I can ask? Where did you get this at?

After seeing that pic, I'm so mad at myself for skipping on a Stormtrooper lightsaber. It's such an amazing looking prop, I love the aesthetics of it.

After seeing that pic, I'm so mad at myself for skipping on a Stormtrooper lightsaber. It's such an amazing looking prop, I love the aesthetics of it.

Where do you get this stuff at? Maybe I should not know. I did not know about SSC till last Oct.

For those that have them. What would or did it cost to put a whole clonetrooper (what ever kind you have) together?

I don't know what the commander is called but I was thinking of getting the black with red commander. The full setup. being I am a big person it would not be going on me (Ya a Big Commander, there is a easy target).

I can never find a price, and its even harder to find someone that makes them.

Well that is a long and complicated question. If you go on the 501st website and ask for help acquiring a clone or TC kit they can help point you in the right direction if you are Intetested in becoming a potential member. Some will say not to discuss it on the open forums as they protect their sellers/suppliers very carefully.

A light kit, or kit without a helmet, can be aquired for around 4-5 hundred bucks. A full kit is about $600.00 if I remember correctly. Some guys are just selling theirs because they never put them together or have gotten interested in going another costume and have no need for it any more.

A finished kit will run around $1000.00. That's because the assembly is very labor and patience intensive. It has to be fitted to you so there is no exact way to put it together but the 501st does have some great tutorials they can provide and also minimum requirements for the look of the costume. You can't have pieces flapping open when they are supposed to be sealed and so forth.

My suggestion is to try and hook up with your local garrison, usually one or two per state, and go to an armor party. There people are more candid about armor discussion and where to get it since its not a public forum for certain ears or eyes to see.

Well that is a long and complicated question. If you go on the 501st website and ask for help acquiring a clone or TC kit they can help point you in the right direction if you are Intetested in becoming a potential member. Some will say not to discuss it on the open forums as they protect their sellers/suppliers very carefully.

A light kit, or kit without a helmet, can be aquired for around 4-5 hundred bucks. A full kit is about $600.00 if I remember correctly. Some guys are just selling theirs because they never put them together or have gotten interested in going another costume and have no need for it any more.

A finished kit will run around $1000.00. That's because the assembly is very labor and patience intensive. It has to be fitted to you so there is no exact way to put it together but the 501st does have some great tutorials they can provide and also minimum requirements for the look of the costume. You can't have pieces flapping open when they are supposed to be sealed and so forth.

My suggestion is to try and hook up with your local garrison, usually one or two per state, and go to an armor party. There people are more candid about armor discussion and where to get it since its not a public forum for certain ears or eyes to see.

Sounds almost as hard as a group of men I join 30 years ago. I just want a suit to put in my house that is a full suit with everything that would go with it. I would love to put it on. But my Chef Jacket is a 4x so think of what I would look like in a commander setup. A $1000 all done is something that I can do, cheaper and I can put it together myself is even better. I like doing things like that.

I have posted, email people on the 501 site but thought I did not use the right words. Just need to get my foot in the door. Right now I don't know anyone that is local to me that is into this. Even my UPS man did not know what SSC was till he started to bring my boxes to me.

Thanks for the Info.

No problem. Let me know where you are and I might be able to send a message down the pipeline. I'm in the Virginia Garrison Tyrranus but I'm still on the main boards. All I can do is try. They may not want to sell to someone who just wants one and doesn't want to become a member but there's always hope. And the RPF.

No problem. Let me know where you are and I might be able to send a message down the pipeline. I'm in the Virginia Garrison Tyrranus but I'm still on the main boards. All I can do is try. They may not want to sell to someone who just wants one and doesn't want to become a member but there's always hope. And the RPF.

PM Sent, more info

What about the SDS version, Sergiu? What is the quality of that one?

The SDS is made after the Sterling owned by sskunky aka CfO, so it is very accurate too. In some parts is more accurate than MR, and in some is less. Still it is the best for trooping being made of plastic and resin, and not metal as MR. Quite sturdy too.

Nice props bro. Cool display. I like the stormtrooper saber. Who made that one?

Nice, if I can ask? Where did you get this at?

That picture is not mine, the blaster and saber belong to a RS member called Growltiger, we still wait for him to post more pics of the blaster. Though I wouldn't trade my own converted Sterling for any MR (or other) prototype or blaster.

-----------------

A few things about Stormtrooper E-11 blasters:

In SW in many cases including Stormtroopers they used real working weapons. Thus if not deactivated it would be a REAL weapon which could shoot bullets, which is not allowed on many countries.

That is why in ESB and especially on ROTJ Lucas didn't even use real Sterling sub-machine guns anymore, but went instead in many cases with resin copies of Sterlings upgraded as E-11 Stormtrooper blaster. In the end this is the closest thing to what was used in A New Hope. It is a replica only because it replicates what was used in the movies, but otherwise it uses exactly the same components used by ILM.

You could read more about the weapons of Star Wars here: https://www.partsofsw.com/index.htm. Or you can look here in the Behind the Scenes section: https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/E-11_blaster_rifle

Quote: "The E-11 blaster rifle prop was built from a British-made Sterling. To give the actors something to react to and to give rotoscoping artists timing reference when animating blaster bolts, the E-11 rifle props in the original trilogy—which were still fully operational firearms—were loaded with blank cartridges that were then fired to provide a practical effect. Because of this, expended 9mm casings can be seen ejecting from the props in several scenes in A New Hope, particularly during the assault on the Death Star's detention level. This can also be seen briefly in a closeup of Lando firing one in The Empire Strikes Back."

The pic below shows a real Sterling and an ROTJ E-11 blaster which is a Model Gun Corporation conversion (mine is ANH):

590px-SterlingE11-MOM.jpg

And a comparison of the blasters: Sterling (without Hengstler at the time I took the photo), MR (I used to have 2 MR blasters, one complete with everything, and one loose which I sold), SDS, and Hasbro (unmodified).

comparisonstormtrooperb.jpg

The Master Replicas version is quite cool, but is about 97% accurate. The cocking mechanism (handle) and the spring on the right side of the real SMG is completely missing on the MR, that part is just a bit dented as a shape to what it should have been there, but no real hole. I know there were 501st customizing it and cutting that out, but is a hell of a job to do it since MR is metal too.

The weight is almost identical on both SMG and MR, thus quite impractical for 501st for trooping - heavy and not very comfortable. Trigger on MR is not working, neither is the A/S selector switch. The folding stock is one of the cool things MR could have done to make it work - I've seen people upgrading MR E-11 to have folding stock and seems it was not very difficult. It is a bit tricky to completely unfold the stock on SMG, but once you get the trick it is really fantastic - you need to push the end cap of the blaster in and also push the underside button (they both have springs) and only then the stock will open up completely and fit in the back perfectly.

My T-tracks are more accurate than the MR ones, so is the scope (original M38 and M40). But MR scope seems to be an exact copy after M38/M40 tank scope anyway (so quite accurate), and not after M19 (which also were used on E-11 blasters, mostly on ESB though), of course the MR blaster scope has that red computer targeting grid, which is very cool on its own. The MR blaster is cleaned up, looking very pristine, also having all the specific gun numbers and codes removed (maybe because of the gun laws).

The SDS E-11 is copied after a similar real Sterling which belongs to CfO, and thus is quite accurate (has some issues though), on some components even better than MR (SDS does have partial cocking mechanism and even a spring like tube inside, plus a Hengstler counter copy and metal cylinders), on others it looses some sharpness, but being made of plastic is kind of understandable. After all the SDS blaster, as being made of PVC tubing and plastic/resin, is excellent for trooping, but will look cool on display as well.

The Hasbro Stormtrooper blaster is what you see LOL, unmodified it looks very inaccurate, but with some upgrading kits it may look cool too. Of course there are other fan made blasters or kits like Hyperfirm or Doopydoos which are very accurate, but more expensive than Hasbro version.

In the end both MR and the SDS are quite accurate on their own, some work may be done on both to make them even more accurate, but they are very cool nevertheless. But none is even close to holding a piece like the real SMG. The seller told me I won't let it off my hands and he was totally right.

I also got the cool stand for it which I totally prefer to the regular MR mirrored stand since I always like stands that look like a real weapons rack for blasters and environment stands for studio scale vehicles, and mirror bases for elegant lightsabers or space fighters. ;)

It seems there as many as 6 or even 8 different versions of E-11 in ANH (according to different scources), some with all greeblies (Hengstler counter and cylinders on the magazine - like SDS), some with just the Hengstler, some with just the cylinders (like Han's - and mine) and others with nothing (like MR).

I think this is an interesting read about how deactivated guns are allowed but not replicas LOL. Really stupid...

Last edited:
BTW for those not knowing what a Hengstler counter is and what part it has on SW blasters below are some details.

A Hengstler Corporation industrial mechanical counter was added to the side of some of the Star Wars Stormtrooper blasters close behind the magazine receiver - not all SW E-11 had these, it seems they were crudely glued on and some fell off during filming.

According to https://www.partsofsw.com/ so far there have been identified 2 versions used in SW, they are distinguished by their logo: Eagle - Logo in the shape of an eagle with the number 890 down the middle, and Eagle Hengstler - Eagle logo smaller with Hengstler name underneath. The entire counter assembly was then painted black. Of course there are other type of Hengstler counters (the company still exists today) but these 2 are the accurate ones.

You can see a few posts above a real Hengstler counter on my Sterling and a copy on the SDS blaster.

e11.JPG

lukee112z.jpg

anhblaster4.jpg

Last edited:
Back