Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6dc9bd98a0582ce4789b7203f39d8a4c.jpg

Got my trooping scout pistol yesterday.

Will need to paint it black to cover the magnet that will keep it in the holster but happy with it sofar.

Where did you get this beauty? :love I need one bad to go with my Scout helmet.

Where did you get this beauty? :love I need one bad to go with my Scout helmet.

I got it from DVH over on BSN. He is also on FB, search for DVH Costuming & Props. I don't think he has anymore in stock atm but he will make more.

Just so you know you will need to trim it a bit in certain places but easily done with a hobby knife.

I got it from DVH over on BSN. He is also on FB, search for DVH Costuming & Props. I don't think he has anymore in stock atm but he will make more.

Just so you know you will need to trim it a bit in certain places but easily done with a hobby knife.

Thanks man. I'll have to check those sights out, & see about searching him out. As for Facebook, I'm not on it. I feel like I'm "off the grid"

Thanks man. I'll have to check those sights out, & see about searching him out. As for Facebook, I'm not on it. I feel like I'm "off the grid"

I think he is on alot of other prop forums aswell as Darth Voorhees. He is definately on The Dented Helmet that I know of.

I really want a Scout blaster. EFX will release one the moment an UFO will land in my backyard and 4 beautiful alien ladies will come out and visit my collection :p That being said I would like an accurate one, though not really knowing who has that so far, except Gino...

I'm super late to the 1:1 collection game. I'm burnt out by Hot Toys/ Transformers/ 1/12 figures lately and am in the process of selling up shop and just sticking to a few nice display pieces.

I've narrowed it down to getting a Vader helmet/bust. I'd love one of the high end eFX ones, however have missed the boat. What do you guys think is the best option these days? I figure I could potentially get a PCR EFX ANH helmet (probably my favorite version) for around $250 USD down the line for an accurate display piece, the sideshow bust or the Sideshow bust for three times as much for a more imposing display presence but I'm very indecisive at the moment.

I'm in no rush and am happy to wait out on a deal as I figure these aren't super limited like EFX's runs were. It looks like Anovos have their version coming out soon and there's bound to be the inevitable Hasbro Black Series bucket on the cheap.

What would you guys do? I'm leaning towards the PCR EFX version at the moment but their reputation is turning me off.

EFx's reputation is mostly based off their long wait times and overall just poor customer service. Rarely will anyone say anything bad about their finished products though.

I'd say just go ahead and "settle" with the PCR to get your feet wet. Their prices usually hold value well so you can always sell it later, or whenever you decide to "upgrade" to a superior helmet. I have both an EFx PCR and their Limited and they both look very impressive, as far as a helmet display point of view.

EFx's reputation is mostly based off their long wait times and overall just poor customer service. Rarely will anyone say anything bad about their finished products though.

I'd say just go ahead and "settle" with the PCR to get your feet wet. Their prices usually hold value well so you can always sell it later, or whenever you decide to "upgrade" to a superior helmet. I have both an EFx PCR and their Limited and they both look very impressive, as far as a helmet display point of view.

Thanks for your input!

Do you happen to have any of the Black Series helmets by Hasbro that you can compare the PCR EFX to? If so do you feel the extra $150-200 is justified? (More in terms of build quality as it seems the EFX PCR is the cheapest that screen used prop scans start at)

I will say something about their work :| Their TK lid has a giant seam line on it. It has some smaller ones also on the face. They said it was necessary but I have not seen any other helmet with this issue.

I'm super late to the 1:1 collection game. I'm burnt out by Hot Toys/ Transformers/ 1/12 figures lately and am in the process of selling up shop and just sticking to a few nice display pieces.

I've narrowed it down to getting a Vader helmet/bust. I'd love one of the high end eFX ones, however have missed the boat. What do you guys think is the best option these days? I figure I could potentially get a PCR EFX ANH helmet (probably my favorite version) for around $250 USD down the line for an accurate display piece, the sideshow bust or the Sideshow bust for three times as much for a more imposing display presence but I'm very indecisive at the moment.

I'm in no rush and am happy to wait out on a deal as I figure these aren't super limited like EFX's runs were. It looks like Anovos have their version coming out soon and there's bound to be the inevitable Hasbro Black Series bucket on the cheap.

What would you guys do? I'm leaning towards the PCR EFX version at the moment but their reputation is turning me off.

From the EFX PCR line I would go with Vader, but not with the Stormtrooper - I'd buy an Anovos Stormtrooper helmet or a RS Prop Masters or at least TE2 and TM if you want true accuracy (and CfO for ROTJ).

Thanks for your input!

Do you happen to have any of the Black Series helmets by Hasbro that you can compare the PCR EFX to? If so do you feel the extra $150-200 is justified? (More in terms of build quality as it seems the EFX PCR is the cheapest that screen used prop scans start at)

Unfortunately, I don't have any comparison pics but at the end of the day, the Hasbro will always just be a toy to me. I'm not sure if it's an elitist point of view though:lol

I sold my MR Stormtrooper helmet to wait for the EFX Legendary and I have that Hasbro as a placeholder for now along with my EFx and Anovos Fiberglass helmets for now though. And sometimes, I do forgot it's just a "toy". It looks much better than the Kylo Ren Black Series helmet would have.

There's always the RS Props one too. It's a pretty screen accurate Stormtrooper helmet and goes for a little more than what an EFx PCR will cost too, but JKNO will probably chime in shortly with all his knowledge.

For Stormtrooper, if you're looking screen accurate, I would go for RS. If you can find & afford it, MR or CFO would be great too. If you're just looking cheap, eFX PCR isn't bad (I have a eFX PCR & a MR Limited. I like the eFX, but LOVE the MR. One day I will have an RS Stormie), but I'd probably lean towards ANOVOS.
For Vader, eFX Legend or Limited fiberglass are wonderful (I love my Limited, wish I was able to get the Legend)... but you're going to pay for it. If you're looking for a bust type display, I'd get the Quasimodo. I lust after that one like crazy! As far as less expensive Vaders? I have both Vader PCR & ANOVOS, & I think they both display beautifully. You'll need to find a stand for both.
Good luck :wave

The most bang for your buck Vader lid is the eFX PCR.
For a Stormtrooper lid it would be Anovos.

These two are the closest to screen accuracy while maintaining a low price.
The more accurate versions are also much more expensive (Legend Ed., Quasimodo, etc).

I'm not a big fan of Anovos Stormtrooper helmet, way too sharp where it shouldn't be. But since it is cheaper than RS, you can go that way. Between Anovos and EFX PCR Vader helmet personally I'd stick with the PCR plastic Vader.

I picked up a fan made, real parts, VD Yoda lightsaber the other day. I didn't think I needed one, but I couldn't pass it when the opportunity came up.
20170612_193515.jpg

20170612_193540.jpg

It even has the old C batteries, for added weight.
20170612_193640.jpg

So now I have both Masters lightsabers. The Emperors is the old MR.
20170612_200713.jpg

Back