Possible 2013 Toys Fair Exclusives (Hot Toys)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

I'm new here and thought I'd start here.

What is the difference between a SDCC exclusive compared to a regular release?

Hi

I'm new here and thought I'd start here.

What is the difference between a SDCC exclusive compared to a regular release?

:welcome1:

The main difference is the Con releases are that they are announced around the time as the Toys Fairs and are released fairly soon after being announced. These are usually considered "surprise" figures.

The regular release (Movie Masters Series) are announced generally 7-11 months before being released.

That's the way I look at them.

Although based on how SSC did it last year, they're "SDCC Exclusive" in name only. Anyone can order them, and they are shipped to you - they can not be picked up at SDCC. In fact one of the 2012 exclusives (Rescue Captain America) is still available almost a year later on the SSC website.

Welcome to the forum, Symbiote! Venom fan, I presume?

2012 we had
Gordon Swat
Angelica OST
Cap Rescue version

2011 we had
Iron Man Mark IV secret project
Batman Begins Batman/Bruce Wayne
Shadow Predator

2010 we had
Guardian Predator

We should at least get three this year as well. I'm thinking

Golden Age Cap
avengers Banner
Avengers Chitari soldier

Thanks for the welcome.

What makes them choose a certain character or version to be made into a sdcc exc? Is it something they don't think will sell as well?

Haven't seen IM3 yet, but I'm going bold on this one.
I think there's a damn good chance I'm close for the first 2... 3rd is a curveball... Like Angelica last year.

Hot Toys 2013 Toy Fair Exclusives

1. Ra's Al Ghul
2. Bruce Banner
3. The Lizard

All 3 would require minimal accessories like they usually are... And would definitely be hot sellers. The lizard would require far more body designing though so it's my curveball. Safer bet is Pepper Potts, but I haven't seen IM3 yet...

I think Alfred has a slim shot. They've never made multiple exclusives from the same franchise in one year before so I went with R'as. Main villain of Batman Begins and made a recent appearance in TDKR

2012 we had
Gordon Swat
Angelica OST
Cap Rescue version

2011 we had
Shadow Predator

2010 we had
Guardian Predator

Golden Age Cap
avengers Banner
Avengers Chitari soldier

I'm liking you! :hi5:

2012 we had
Gordon Swat
Angelica OST
Cap Rescue version

2011 we had
Shadow Predator

2010 we had
Guardian Predator

Golden Age Cap
avengers Banner
Avengers Chitari soldier

All three of those are Marvel. Well actually Marvel Studios, previous years had 1 Marvel, 1 DC & 1 other.

You think you're Howard's mistress or something? Lmao. Nolan Batman has been a great franchise for them... And they're slowly running out of figures to make considering they just finished 2.0s.

I've been aching for an 80's CONAN (Arnold) and Thulsa Doom (J.E. Jones) for ages...
Since HT did the Tech Noir Terminator head sculpt so perfectly, and even produced a new Arnold muscle body, seems it could happen.
They'll probably wait until the NEW CONAN (Arnold is back in 2015!) gets nearer, before we might see these made- if ever.
SS has the Conan license even now, but I know HT would do a better job of it- especially the intricate armors and maybe die-cast weapons.
Now THERE'S a good place for die-cast metal, instead of using it to pump up the price of IM suits...

Gotta keep the Conan dream alive, with tons of accessories!!!!!

Last edited:
Just got home from IM3 and I'm thinking that one of them HAS to be an IM3 figure.....so will it be Pepper, Killian or the kid from Tennesee? ;)

I think there will be one DC. Either detective Gordon or Blake. Very outside shot at Ra's. Very very longshot-shut in recluse Wayne. :lol

Back