POLL: HT Movie Cap. America - First, or Avengers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which HT Version you would prefer?

• 1. AVENGERS movie

Votes: 46 25.1%
  • 2. CAPTAIN AMERICA -THE FIRST AVENGER movie

Votes: 137 74.9%

• Total voters
Some crude Photoshop. I know, people will still say the Avengers costume looks horrible, but at least we can test the theory that the helmet makes all the difference.

I should do Dark Knight bat suit with an Adam West cowl for the heck of it and see what people think.

wow cant believe how much better it looks with a chin strap they should def do that

What the point of praising a suit then? It won't change anything either.

We're just talking about which suit we like better, discussing opinions. None of this will do anything, but that's what this forum is for.

I think a lot of people were surprised to see how the new one looks. Its not the suit, just the stupid looking mask. It almost reminded me of the old 90's CA movie. Why wouldn't they have changed it?? It looks awful and almost embarrassing for the hard core Marvel Cap fans. So many little tweaks could have been done to it for 100% improvement.

The First Avenger movie Cap was way cool, wish they kept the mask from that.

wow cant believe how much better it looks with a chin strap they should def do that

Yeah the chin strap was that minor final touch detail they overlooked. It really the completes the helmet, because the Avengers helmet isn't bad at all. A shame they missed that detail that in my opinion is perfects the suit. All I know is that I'll add one for my HT Avenger Cap.

I am never going to get over the spandex look.the first outfit at least looked practical,like it could be worn in battle.the avengers costume looks like he should be figure skating.

People were griping about the suit, but many of us felt it was the helmet throwing it off. There's no harm in seeing what something looks like with minor tweaks. I don't get why there's continued hostility when we're all just sharing our ideas and opinions.

I for one LOVE the Avengers suit! Why? Because it doesn't look like some military suit. Captain America doesn't represent the army or military industrial complex. He embodies the core principals of what America was founded on. He's not supposed to be a good soldier, but a good MAN, right? That's the way I look at it anyway.

I have to agree. This thread is about people's opinions on the two versions of CA suits. I do however believe HT will come through on this figure and we'll all be fine at the end of the day. A HS would eliminate all issues that people have with this suit.

after all the debate, i'm gonna have to say the First Avengers suit looks "more realistic" and more ground to the WWII time lines. it's more about protection than to agility, hence the bulky look. (because there are limited fight scenes ?)

the new suit seems more agile and more like the comic book suit, not that it's bad, but the translation from concept art to the wardrobe seems to have some problems, probably the helmet with ears doesn't work that well.
the_avengers_640v.jpg

hope it looks better on screen, he does look a bit better in action, but the suit's making him look wimpy

Last edited:
Apples and oranges. Two different eras, new materials etc. I'm not thrilled with the look of the new suit but I'm not losing sleep over it either.

It's like comparing a cycling outfit to a soldier's field uniform - polar opposites. :lol

I'm just extremely glad HT made the excellent TFA figure. :rock

I love the look of the Cap Movie WWII era but I also really like the Modern one too. I will probably have both on my shelf.

If i were going to choose. i still prefer the first movie costume. It has the classic feel to it and it's more realistic.. And by the way the first will always be the first :D here's my cap
IMG_4764223.jpg

Back