POLL: HT Movie Cap. America - First, or Avengers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which HT Version you would prefer?

• 1. AVENGERS movie

Votes: 46 25.1%
  • 2. CAPTAIN AMERICA -THE FIRST AVENGER movie

Votes: 137 74.9%

• Total voters

j97e1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Curious what people prefer, if the had to choose only one, which one?
Pics below.

the-avengers-captain-america-hawkeye-black-widow.jpg

264590_10150211330667344_58690437343_7454201_8387833_n-500x500.jpg

I like the first one. I knew a new one is coming out soon, so I googled for images of the new cap suit. I did not like what I saw, so bought the first one. More new images are showing up but still don't like it.

Honestly all they had to do was keep the helmet and chinstrap from First Avenger and he'd be perfect. Its a great costume but falls apart at the neck and head.

Unfortunately, this gives ammo to folks who say that comic designs don't work well in movies, because the more "realistic" costume from the Cap film is much more effective for a live action Cap IMO. But in truth, I just don't think the Avengers suit is executed as well as a more directly comic styled suit could have been. Like Hellion says, something about the helmet is just off, and the little lines on the suit highlight things that shouldn't be highlighted. The boots, gloves, belt, and odd, angular lines also give off an awful Jim Lee vibe that I do not care for.

Bad design is bad design - it has little to do with translating comic to movie.

They should have used the 1st Avengers graphic design and costume teams to get the look right for that character - considering they will need to carry on in his own films

Honestly all they had to do was keep the helmet and chinstrap from First Avenger and he'd be perfect. Its a great costume but falls apart at the neck and head.

Yeah, that's pretty much the general consensus. The helmet looks too simple and Halloween costume-like. The rest is almost classic Cap minus the scale mail. It's more like some athletic wear that I own, so I love the look of it. Let's see if I can Photoshop it.

Last edited:
To be fair, I think you should have a screen capture comparison not screen cap vs. HT figure comparison.

74149_gal.jpg

chris-evans-on-captain-americas-avengers-costume-change-67484-00-470-75.jpg

Now, bringing Hot Toys into the equation, if I were HT, I would make the Avengers Cap figure with a slightly wider head. Not like the egghead Cap we see in the movie. I think if they did that, the head might not look so bad anymore.

I found this which appears to be a rendition and, honestly, I don't think it looks bad. At least, I think it looks better than the egghead:

captain_america_avengers_costume_header.jpg

If everyone is loving this original outfit better, I wonder why its not selling out?:dunno

Hot Toys is making more and more of their figures. Look at the T1000, Superman and some other's. Taking longer and longer for figures to sell out. They know people are buying multiples too.

And 8 out of 13 isn't everyone.

Also, the outfit is great, HT's figure's execution is a bit lacking. That figure has very little articulation (in part due to the muscle body used, in part due to the material in the suit), and the leather parts on that figure are cheap and not well put together by HT's typical standards. The shield is way too shiny, the likeness is a bit off. Figure looks pretty good in a static pose, but has its issues and was a bit of a disappointment to me. I think most people are really just comparing the costumes here more than the theoretical HT figures specifically.

I think the avengers one might look better. I mean sure in real life Cap he doesnt look good. But i think as a figure it'll look better.

Also, the outfit is great, HT's figure's execution is a bit lacking. That figure has very little articulation (in part due to the muscle body used, in part due to the material in the suit), and the leather parts on that figure are cheap and not well put together by HT's typical standards. The shield is way too shiny, the likeness is a bit off. Figure looks pretty good in a static pose, but has its issues and was a bit of a disappointment to me. I think most people are really just comparing the costumes here more than the theoretical HT figures specifically.

And that's why I cancelled my order.

I think the avengers one might look better. I mean sure in real life Cap he doesnt look good. But i think as a figure it'll look better.

Exactly what I'm thinking. On Screen and as a Toy, it's going to look a lot better then those terrible free style shots.

Last edited:
Trust me HT is gonna make this thing look good. They know how to tailor a fabric costume like this. They will use their magic dust or whatever it is they do and it will look stunning. Aside from the helmet, one thing Ilike about the Avengers suit is the bright colors, it rare that super heroes have bright colors in film cause they try so hard to make them not look like Halloween costumes. But I think Caps colors are so essential to who he is, you kind of lose part of the character when you tone them down

TFA Cap is a beautiful figure, If you're only gonna own one, Im guessing HT is gonna make a lot of improvements over the last and we'll probably get a Chris Evens sculpt and it will probably be a more all encompassing figure.

i got tfa cap so I cant really tell you but I think once we all see Avengers we will all be going mad for Avengers suit, I for one will defo be buying it, Hoping for Evans head sculpt like black suit spidey.

Exactly what I'm thinking. On Screen and as a Toy, it's going to look a lot better then those terrible free style shots.

Yes very true. I have TFA Cap and im getting the Avengers version. I know that one is gonna look better in figure to the TFA. If you want only one I say wait for the avengers.

I really like the cap movie suit and will probably stick with it but I really hope they make a better Thor I think the thor figure is awfull and can't wait to see the sleeveless suit just hope they get a better sculpt on the new one and a better fitting helmet And maybe use the cap body for thor so he can hold his heavy as crap hammer up

I really like the cap movie suit and will probably stick with it but I really hope they make a better Thor I think the thor figure is awfull and can't wait to see the sleeveless suit just hope they get a better sculpt on the new one and a better fitting helmet And maybe use the cap body for thor so he can hold his heavy as crap hammer up

And a better expression. Not that, "You've gotta be ____in kidding me" look.

Back