Play Arts MoS Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Supes suit doesn't have texture either, is there any mention about if they will be adding it?

But I'll be getting Faora regardless, this is my fix until HT show's theirs and the movies masters version just doesn't cut it.

I haven't collected many PAK figure but some ppl have said that sometimes PAK changes things before production and believe that could be the case for these figures. Usually PAK is good with the details so i don't see why they'd skip out on the texture. But the original protos for the Mattel Movie masters didn't have texture and they came out with texture on the production piece so maybe these will end up having it.

Sometime this week I'll be reworking the Movie Masters Faora so she'll be up to par with the rest. But you're right, this PAK figure of here does look great for sure

Last edited:
Based on your observation, I reckon the texturing is done in production, maybe it's an added feature from the mould machine? I know for a fact that you can do leather texture overlays as well as crocodile skin texture so a custom made texture is not that farfetched considering the mould process has been digitized.

I hope they add the breather, seriously, she's only without a breather for a couple seconds of screentime with that armor, the rest of the time she has the clear glass breather.

HT can go to hell if they don't make Zod or Faora. I'm on a real Kryptonian kick lately.

These Kryptonians are a dazzling bunch, I am trying to control my urge to own all of them - from every line.

The minute I do that, HT will make an announcement and I will freaking CUSS OUT LOUD. But its ok, too many of these people still aint enough.

So, far they only announced the same four characters that were released previously by DC Collectibles as statues.

But neither DC Collectibles, nor Play Arts Kai have announced the giant kryptonian (what was his name, again?), or Quex-Ul (the kryptonian Mengele-type), or Colonel Meloni, or Lois, or Emil Hamilton.

I want ALL the characters! Not only the ones with superpowers.

Lois Lane as an action figure would be a lot more interesting than Jor-El IMO, due to accesories. She could be packed with lots of stuff! But I think she'd be much better done by Hot Toys... I REALLY want a Lois figure with the likeness of Amy Adams.

I don't like the Superman, something about it is off but I do like Zod and Faora. I might have to pick both of those up for a nice desk display.

Here's Stew's review, I like his reviews they're very detailed and entertaining, but this fig is a bit of a let down for me JUST because of the face.

Will be waiting for his Zod review.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO_0qEEuTxo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO_0qEEuTxo[/ame]

Thanks for the review Gaspar!!

He came out much better and from the looks, just needs a bit of a repaint on the face to bring out the likeness a bit more. Sucks to know that they've added the texture b/c now I want it :lol

Be sure to post your Zod review as well when you get the chance. Very eager to see how he came out as well

You know, the amusing thing about that forum.... I don't read a word of Chinese, or Korean or Japanese or whatever that is, but you really don't need to: the emoticons tell the whole story of what they think of the figure. LOL!

I think what I am going to do is, cancel my preorder for PAK Zod and use that money for Iconic Faora instead. That way my Zod and Faora will sort of match. The likeness on these is not as good as I thought, I will just focus my energies elsewhere for the time being.

Props to Supes for mastering the smokey eye, though. Not every guy can get that down. :wink1:

Thanks for the review Gaspar!!

He came out much better and from the looks, just needs a bit of a repaint on the face to bring out the likeness a bit more. Sucks to know that they've added the texture b/c now I want it :lol

Be sure to post your Zod review as well when you get the chance. Very eager to see how he came out as well

:lol No prob, but it's not my review it's Stew Murray's review from Youtube, he's uploading Zod's review anytime now.

That's a problem for me, I can't mod the face at all cause I possess zero modding or painting skills.

I really think all it needs is a repaint. I know that's not convenient for everyone but repainting these helps a ton

for example:

Before

IMG_7542-noscale.jpg

After
SAM_3184_zps8998e7bd.jpg

:lol No prob, but it's not my review it's Stew Murray's review from Youtube, he's uploading Zod's review anytime now.

That's a problem for me, I can't mod the face at all cause I possess zero modding or painting skills.

Oh ok, I assumed by the thread you made, that it was your video :lol :slap But yea I totally understand. I mean I don't think we should have to repaint these at the raised prices.

...and speaking of bronze, how come Zod's silver armor is portrayed as bronze and black here?!!! WTH. Do not want, preorder cancelled. Dammit.

hmm could just be lighting/screen settings? I'm not seeing any bronze on Zod's armor when looking on my phone. However, you have a point about the iconic statues. They don't cost much more and are larger and more accurate. I'm not too fond of the proportions of this PAK Zod. Head looks a little small and feet look a bit too big

Last edited:
yah, the face paint on these don't look nearly as good as the TDK Trilogy line. I have Batman and Catwoman and i think they are awesome. I still want to get these MoS figures, especially Faora. Likeness-wise they aren't really supposed to look like the actors, they exaggerate them on purpose. But the paint on Superman's face atleast in photos, doesn't look so good.

I love the Zod with helmet. Looks bad a$$!!!!

this looks bronze to me: or maybe copper....

ZOD02.jpg

No! Don't like!

If HT ever gets around to Zod, this is the armor they are probably most likely to use. I am just going to wait and see for awhile. I have a very good representation of Zod on my shelf right now, I don't need to rush into anything.

I am keeping my preorder for PAK Arkham Harley Quinn, tho.

Back