Pinhead Project - Update 6/26 - Fingers crossed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pinhead Project - BIG UPDATE 8/28 Pg.22 - SUCCESSFUL CAST! With PICS!!

That is awesome!! Such a great news!! :D

I'm super excited. doing another pour tonight!

HAAAAA!!!...can't believe that it worked!!!!....now....when do we get it into our collection!!??!?!

I'm pouring another cast tonight of the outfit. While that is curing I will be setting up the mold for the torture tools, casting the gloves and getting the bottom dress ready. This is a long weekend so I'll have plenty of time to get things going. This has been what was holding everything up so now that I'm passed this hurdle It's just a matter of setting up the tools, gloves and dress for casting. I'll be setting up the piece that goes up the middle of the back to the back of his head as well. It will be attached with velcro to make getting the outfit on easier.

Wow its amazing how this seems to be finally happening. Kudos to you for sticking with this through all this time.

Thanks guys. Small update.

I spent a few hours refining the torture tools today. They need a few more adjustments before they are ready to mold. I've also started the first cast of the bottom dress. Things are really starting to come together now that the outfit cast is working.

I second Levit05's comment. :)

Im still in. Still have that head sculpt waiting. :)

Me too!

Re: Pinhead Project - New Update 9/24 Pg.23 - Gloves cast!

Hi all!

Just wanted to pop in for a quick update. Things are really rolling now! So for the past week I was having trouble casting the gloves. They either ripped when pulling from the cast or the pour didn't get the proper coverage. Welp, troubles no more. I now have a working repeatable method for casting the gloves and they look/fit great! Pics coming tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for all of the kind words in the thread and via PM! It's been a great source of encouragement and motivation to push through and get this finished.

@Levit - Very Very soon :)

Re: Pinhead Project - New Update 9/24 Pg.23 - Gloves cast!

Pics of the gloves. Two quick pics I took before heading to work. This weekend I am going to try to get pics of the outfit with the bottom dress on too. I've been focusing on the bottom dress and working out how it is going to fit on the figure. I don't want it to just drape around like a big flat apron. So I'm trying to get it to lay correctly and still have plenty of flexibility.

On to the pics! also,everything is still covered in talc powder too. The gloves are removable, not permanently attached or sculpted on. So they should fit on any hands. The hands in these pics are extra hands purchased from Blackops toys.

gloves1.jpg

gloves2.jpg

Re: Pinhead Project - New Update 9/25 Pg.24 - New Pics Posted!

Wow. First time I'm seeing this thread. This insane craftsmanship here bud and true testament to patience and perseverance lol. Subscribing to this bad boy.

Re: Pinhead Project - Update 9/30 Pg.24 - Small update

Small update.

I tested out the dress I had and wasn't satisfied with how it turned out. This week I am making and testing various tweaks to get a better result before posting a pic.

Re: Pinhead Project - Update 10/23 Pg.24 - Update

Hi All,

Popping in for a quick update. I will be testing the dress and the piece on the back that goes to the back of Pinheads head tonight. Also, I'm waiting on an order of silicone to arrive so I can mold the torture tools. If all goes well with the dress tonight I will start casting up outfits this weekend to get them ready. Each outfit requires a LOT of hands on attention to make.The top body takes roughly 24 hours to demold. Just to give a little context on how long each outfit will take. We are in the home stretch now :)

Re: Pinhead Project - Outfit WIP teaser and head sculpt limited 2nd run

Finally got around to painting this sculpt up... really impressive work :rock :rock Can't wait to see how it looks with the outfit.

145fa725-ef54-4cbd-b8e6-c7ee0571f915_zpse9955543.jpg

c06c6b31-c6ab-4b82-b8fb-44df42e32e83_zpsa44623e8.jpg
8725f53d-45cb-4d69-b382-f7c44fdfa44e_zpsa519fe4f.jpg

Back