Per LEGO, Disney is dropping the name "Slave 1".

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My YouTube sources tell me the Slave 1 will be repainted in rainbow colors and renamed the Emancipation Eagle.

When Boba Fett starts identifying as non-binary his armour will be painted to match.

Sneak preview of the retro action figure line:

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2021%2F05%2Fhasbro-kenner-classics-rainbow-boba-fett-prototype-figure-0000.jpg

When Boba Fett starts identifying as non-binary his armour will be painted to match.

Sneak preview of the retro action figure line:

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2021%2F05%2Fhasbro-kenner-classics-rainbow-boba-fett-prototype-figure-0000.jpg

I doubt Howard will follow through with HT figures of those. He did just make the racist variant of Vision though.

I think it’s a dumb decision as well, but what I don’t get is all the whining and the typical butthurt, semi-racist wise cracks from adults. Slavery has come in all forms across multiple societies because human beings have been truly evil a**holes. Pockets of slavery continue to this day. There is never a justification or rationalization, nor should it be trivialized or forgotten. In the case of the US it has inflicted genocidal, multigenerational scars, economic inequity, and psychological damage to an entire race that many people, unfortunately, cannot even begin to fathom nor take even one second to try to understand. Yes this smacks of a typical corporate overcorrection for something that probably was never on the radar, nor should have been associated with what happened in the US. It’s friggin’ science fiction set in another galaxy! But because of this oversimplification, it created an unnecessary debate and echo chamber ranting where it shouldn’t have been. Disney would have been better served transitioning the name to something equally cool as Slave 1 during “The Book of Boba Fett”. Who knows, that may even have been the plan and some genius decided to jump the gun. If so, it was a stupid PR blunder IMO. But regardless of what I or anyone else thinks, Disney owns the IP so they can do with it what they want.

I believe that people should be free to find their place in the world, and to live their life the way that feels correct for themselves, and to do the things that make them happy - just so long as those choices don't negatively impact on the lives of others, of course. (Otherwise you'd never be able to lock up a psychopath).

In puritanical times many things were considered taboo. Now the shoe is on the other foot, and the power is being influenced by various groups of people who would once have been powerless. Their rights are being expressed by influential businesses in trivial ways, such as making words taboo in relation to fictional characters.

Eradicating connotations of slavery from a fantasy universe does nothing to address the real past, or end contemporary slavery. What it does do is whitewash fictional villains, making them more acceptable to profit from financially.

It just comes back to money.

I think it’s a dumb decision as well, but what I don’t get is all the whining and the typical butthurt, semi-racist wise cracks from adults. Slavery has come in all forms across multiple societies because human beings have been truly evil a**holes. Pockets of slavery continue to this day. There is never a justification or rationalization, nor should it be trivialized or forgotten. In the case of the US it has inflicted genocidal, multigenerational scars, economic inequity, and psychological damage to an entire race that many people, unfortunately, cannot even begin to fathom nor take even one second to try to understand. Yes this smacks of a typical corporate overcorrection for something that probably was never on the radar, nor should have been associated with what happened in the US. It’s friggin’ science fiction set in another galaxy! But because of this oversimplification, it created an unnecessary debate and echo chamber ranting where it shouldn’t have been. Disney would have been better served transitioning the name to something equally cool as Slave 1 during “The Book of Boba Fett”. Who knows, that may even have been the plan and some genius decided to jump the gun. If so, it was a stupid PR blunder IMO. But regardless of what I or anyone else thinks, Disney owns the IP so they can do with it what they want.
So... on the one hand it's a purely fictional universe that has nothing to do with anything and this is therefore typical corporate overcorrection to oversimplification.... but on the other hand, people are uncomprehending echo chamber ranting, semi-racist a**holes who can't even take one second to try to understand the multigenerational scars of slavery. Covering all your bases - then summarizing with "meh, it's all up to Disney anyway.":rotfl

This one's real simple: as a take-the-knee-for-anything corporation, Disney doesn't want some moron on Twitter hashtaging a pic of their toy package with BLM, in the same way some morons last year were trying to say "master bedroom" should be struck from real estate jargon because of slave/master connotations (which um... didn't exist other than inside their heads.)

This one's real simple: as a take-the-knee-for-anything corporation, Disney doesn't want some moron on Twitter hashtaging a pic of their toy package with BLM, in the same way some morons last year were trying to say "master bedroom" should be struck from real estate jargon because of slave/master connotations (which um... didn't exist other than inside their heads.)

That just reminded me of this old clip:

:lolThe homeowner dude looks genuinely baffled.....

Last edited:
Yeah, Japan has strict rules about immigration. Why would you expect to just show up here and be entitled to rent or buy an apartment or house? I was only able to because I have a job and a visa, and the minute I lose those things, they'll kick my ass out. There are rules. I follow the rules. What's wrong with that?

Anyway, I'd be fine with them just never actually saying the name of the ship out loud. We all knew what it was called, even though they never SAID it. "Get back to the ship!" "Boba Fett's ship is on our scanners!" works just fine.

If they absolutely MUST say it out loud, just call it the "Slaveo Ne." Say it's some ancient Mandalorian word. There. Crisis solved.

Yeah, Japan has strict rules about immigration. Why would you expect to just show up here and be entitled to rent or buy an apartment or house? I was only able to because I have a job and a visa, and the minute I lose those things, they'll kick my ass out. There are rules. I follow the rules. What's wrong with that?

Anyway, I'd be fine with them just never actually saying the name of the ship out loud. We all knew what it was called, even though they never SAID it. "Get back to the ship!" "Boba Fett's ship is on our scanners!" works just fine.

If they absolutely MUST say it out loud, just call it the "Slaveo Ne." Say it's some ancient Mandalorian word. There. Crisis solved.
Or the could just not be pussies and say it.

I’m seeing that there is a much larger influx of western folks buying up houses there does it seem that way.

Back