PauHolmes Sculpts - Into Darkness Khan/Themistocles TAKING COMMISSIONS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My first sculpt ever - STID J. Harrison headsculpt

Not bad at all, especially as this is your first sculpture. The facial anatomy looks pretty good... at first I thought the eyes looked too far apart, and the forehead sloped off a little too quickly, but on checking some photos of the actor I see that he does have that look. Great work.

Someone asked what dilutant you use, this is usually a solvent like isopropanol or lighter fluid, which is used with a brush to smooth the clay.

This is very impressive for a first sculpt. Keep up the good work :duff

Not bad at all, especially as this is your first sculpture. The facial anatomy looks pretty good... at first I thought the eyes looked too far apart, and the forehead sloped off a little too quickly, but on checking some photos of the actor I see that he does have that look. Great work.

Someone asked what dilutant you use, this is usually a solvent like isopropanol or lighter fluid, which is used with a brush to smooth the clay.

thanks! I still can not find the right diluent for my small sculpts.. BUt for sure I will looks for isopropanol.
p.s. I saw small glass of soem liquid close to the sculpt - so thought worth asking :))

I used 90% Isopropyl... in case it's confusing anyone that's just rubbing alcohol, the kind you can usually find by band-aids.

Thank you! yeah, I mean, it's not perfect but it was interesting to do it. I didn't know I could use isopropanol, thank you for the tip!

This is very impressive for a first sculpt. Keep up the good work :duff
Thanks! :wave

thanks! I still can not find the right diluent for my small sculpts.. BUt for sure I will looks for isopropanol.
p.s. I saw small glass of soem liquid close to the sculpt - so thought worth asking :))
If you wanna know what it was the liquid, it was honey liquor I was drinking while working :p

Well, I finished the hair and I cooked the hs and this is the result of hours and days of work, not perfect but it is ok :) and btw pics really don't make justice to it.

2mng.jpg

wafp.jpg

nrfi.jpg

8n2.jpg

3reo.jpg

Looks very good... what you might do is go over it with fine grit sand paper and rubbing alcohol. Super Sculpy tends to get rought spots (like around the nostrils, etc.) and edges after you cook it, so the sand paper will remove it and the rubbing alcohol is just good for cleaning up afterward.

Please do a Sherlock AND Watson sculpt from the BBC TV series... Im SURE you are a fan :wink1:

Looks very good... what you might do is go over it with fine grit sand paper and rubbing alcohol. Super Sculpy tends to get rought spots (like around the nostrils, etc.) and edges after you cook it, so the sand paper will remove it and the rubbing alcohol is just good for cleaning up afterward.
Thx! Oki doki! I'll do that! Thank you!

Please do a Sherlock AND Watson sculpt from the BBC TV series... Im SURE you are a fan :wink1:
Sure I am a fan ;) but actually I'm waiting for big chief studios Sherlock, but I wanted so badly a John Harrison figure that's why I did this one ;)

That is a darn fine looking Cumberbatch! Great job. Hard yo believe that's your first sculpt.
Thx! I know, it's hard to believe, but there it is and i'm working in The next one now ;)

Hi guys, this is my second HS, I'm sculping Chris Pine, I hope you can find the resemblance, just starting...

npor.jpg

88bx.jpg
[/IMG]

And I bought the material for casting Harrison, I hope it goes well :p

Last edited:

2 days captain J. T. Kirk a little bit big headed XD

k0ix.jpg

np5t.jpg

dc7n.jpg

I decided to do a better hs of Harrison, I'm happy with him, but the hair is a pain in the ***

wldj.jpg
[/IMG]
k2gu.jpg

lhst.jpg

I want larger hair in his face, but it gets more complicated, this is the way I want it, any help how to sculpt loose hair? thanks!

xvo1.jpg

These look great p
articularly for first efforts!! Will u be selling these at all or taking any commissions.....Seriously.

G.

These look great p
articularly for first efforts!! Will u be selling these at all or taking any commissions.....Seriously.

G.

Hi! Thank you! I dunno, probably both things! :)

Hello guys! Just wanted to show you my 2 options of John Harrison hs, I hope you can give me your opinion about them. I know the second one needs improvements, specifically The neck.

4e9abutu.jpg

ga4yhe8a.jpg

I want to do the casting but I don't have the right resin now and then the paint, I need someone to do it because I got now the skills of a kid of 5 :p

So, comments are welcome! ;)

Those look beautiful. Worthy of their subject matter!

I've been waiting for a good Harrison sculpt... keep it up!!!

Back