PauHolmes Sculpts - Into Darkness Khan/Themistocles TAKING COMMISSIONS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauholmes

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello guys, I don't really know how to start this thread, humm... Ok, I've been searching for an official Harrison figure from Star Trek, but nothing, for 2 weeks I had this thought of getting one, so after too much research I decided to do mine. This is my very first sculpt ever, the last friday I got my super sculpey clay and my tools and got it done, and after 3 days of hours and hours of dedication, this is the result, not perfect but it turned out much better than I possibly thought.

w13t.jpg

24xd.jpg

5kiq.jpg

gbeu.jpg

0yky.jpg

6iog.jpg

I haven't finished the hair yet, but now I'm concerned about casting it, and I hope you can help me because I don't have any idea, so any help will be appreciated.

And I trying to choose the right body for him, I can't decide.

hot-toys-truetype-regular-body-cuerpo-reemplazo-normal_MCO-F-4124566872_042013.jpg

yjaj.jpg

8qrt.jpg

Comments are welcome :wave

Re: My first sculpt ever - STID J. Harrison headsculpt

That's damn good. If that's you're first sculpt then you're going to be really good, like insanely good.

Also the fact that you're using super sculpey and have that much detail is impressive. I have to use sculpey firm, the super is way too soft for me.

Wow! Really good for your first sculpt!

TTM21 is the perfect body for that character. The joints will be covered anyways and it will provide it with the best articulation. Plus, that body is more accurate to that actor. He is athletic but not very muscular.

Felicidades! Excelente trabajo con la escultura!

That's damn good. If that's you're first sculpt then you're going to be really good, like insanely good.

Also the fact that you're using super sculpey and have that much detail is impressive. I have to use sculpey firm, the super is way too soft for me.

Why thank you!! Honestly I wasn't expecting great results, not even good ones, after all, it was my first time sculpting so I was just training, seems that I took it so seriously:lol:lol, hours pass by really fast.

I was between super and firm but I like the color, but I try further on the firm one :)

Wow! Really good for your first sculpt!

TTM21 is the perfect body for that character. The joints will be covered anyways and it will provide it with the best articulation. Plus, that body is more accurate to that actor. He is athletic but not very muscular.

Felicidades! Excelente trabajo con la escultura!

Gracias! :) :)

great job for the first attempt!!! well done!
can I please ask you what diluent you were using?

Do you have a background in any other form of sculpting?

If not you're gifted to be that good.

Don't know the character but it looks very good.
First time sculpting?
Very good indeed.

This is fantastic !. First time !?. I can't sculpt even close to that good now and I'm on my 20th time. :rotfl

Would it be possible to see which tools you are using ?. I've always thought the ones I'm using are a little too big for small details in 1/6.

Great job , keep at it. :clap

Last edited:

Wow. Very good. An natural born artist!

Thank you guys! coming from you, it feels good :)

great job for the first attempt!!! well done!
can I please ask you what diluent you were using?
Diluent? I didn't use, just the clay

Do you have a background in any other form of sculpting?

If not you're gifted to be that good.
Thx! no, I do draw and when I was a child I sculpted something with plasticine once but of course nothing serious and I don't think that counts.

This is fantastic !. First time !?. I can't sculpt even close to that good now and I'm on my 20th time. :rotfl

Would it be possible to see which tools you are using ?. I've always thought the ones I'm using are a little too big for small details in 1/6.

Great job , keep at it. :clap
Thank you! yes, of course! here they are...

y5u6.jpg

Great work man! Very recognizable and what you've got is quite refined :duff

Why thank you!! Honestly I wasn't expecting great results, not even good ones, after all, it was my first time sculpting so I was just training, seems that I took it so seriously:lol:lol, hours pass by really fast.

I was between super and firm but I like the color, but I try further on the firm one :)

Gracias! :) :)

I actually split the difference, I find firm too difficult to work with and super too soft. But I've found a 50/50 mix gives me the best of both worlds :duff

Great work man! Very recognizable and what you've got is quite refined :duff

I actually split the difference, I find firm too difficult to work with and super too soft. But I've found a 50/50 mix gives me the best of both worlds :duff

Thanks! But actually I'm a girl :):)

I'll buy the firm one and mix them as you said, thanks for the advice :D

:lol :lol I meant man in the general sense... :huh :lol And I probablyi should have noticed the purple nail polish.

You go girl! :huh

:lol :lol I meant man in the general sense... :huh :lol And I probablyi should have noticed the purple nail polish.

You go girl! :huh

LOL! yeah you are right, didn't pay attention to my nail in the pic :rotfl:rotfl

Thanks! I'll check that thread :)

Thank you! yes, of course! here they are...

y5u6.jpg

Brilliant , thanks. :)
Do you find yourself using the smaller tools on the right often ?.

I have virtually the same tools as you have on the left ( the bigger ones ) but find when it comes to detailing and sculpting things such as eyes and lips in 1/6 scale they're quite big to work with.

Brilliant , thanks. :)
Do you find yourself using the smaller tools on the right often ?.

I have virtually the same tools as you have on the left ( the bigger ones ) but find when it comes to detailing and sculpting things such as eyes and lips in 1/6 scale they're quite big to work with.

The small ones I found them very useful for the hair. The other ones help me too, specially the one that looks like a knife, both tips, but certainly I need more smaller tools, the eyes were particularly difficult and the nose, oh my...

Back